Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

See the light show out the window?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

It was a bit mental at one stage. Flashes every few seconds. I was outside for a bit and wished I was not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Cazlou wrote: »
    you were in my homevillage - well, where I grew up!:D

Cool :)

Was very bad there for a while! I'd say the electricity killed there too, Im a few miles out. Theres mostleh fields around my place so I got a great view of all the action :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Cazlou wrote: »
    my mam came in from doing the shopping
    ....at 1am?

Methinks yore ma is telling fibs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Abigayle wrote: »
    Cool :)

Was very bad there for a while! I'd say the electricity killed there too, Im a few miles out. Theres mostleh fields around my place so I got a great view of all the action :pac:

Ah no, sure I remember what it used to be like out there when I was small. There was one electrical storm when I was in school and all the kids were under the desks crying, I was in my seat baffled - couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong with them!:pac:
    ....at 1am?

Methinks yore ma is telling fibs! :D

Noooo! At 11! Pay attention!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

bad down here in limerick too...up since 6am nature kindly fired 7 cows in the field behind my house..and someone drove through my wall..then drove off..feckers...but im kinda freaked about the cows...never seen lightening like that before and ive been through some mad storms in the states as well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

What's that counting thing you do to estimate how far away it is? I counted 14 seconds between lightning and a bang? It's a bit of a putty-tat of a storm - a few flashes, a few mumblings, much a-do about nothing.

Down in mayo once, in my cousinses house they were all **** scared of thunderstorms (bless the muckers, they don't understand) and my cousins woke me up to tell me there's a storm (I was on my own on the couch) and they were all getting up to go sleep in the same room... I was 18 at the time. One of them was 17.

Divide the time in seconds by 3 and that's the distance in kilometres to the storm. So 14 seconds = just under 5km

Advertisement