Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

See the light show out the window?

Options
  • 28-07-2008 11:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Boardsies in Dublin Wicklow and Wexford look East to see the sky light up......thunderstorm incoming....:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 scousedrake

Isn't it cool!... by my reckoning it's 12 miles from Killiney Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Hope it comes right on in before i fall asleep. Come to north Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm looking directly at where the sun sets and I can't see ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm in south Dublin, can't see anything yet!

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

Can't possibly miss us surely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MSTRKRFT

I'm looking directly at where the sun sets and I can't see ****.

Sun rises in the east, sets in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Sorry folks, it's just aliens. Nothing to see here. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Thunder's started out this way, just in the last couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

dsmythy wrote: »
    Interesting site.

Time to get the boat. http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

yeah it was great i think it was the first time i saw a thunder storm without rain!!!!!!! but sure enough the rain is here now:(

• Advertisement

I'm sitting here in Swords and nothing. Quit hogging the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I'm sitting here in Swords and nothing. Quit hogging the weather.

Raining here. heard a few rumbles here and there. Fairly close together too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What's that counting thing you do to estimate how far away it is? I counted 14 seconds between lightning and a bang? It's a bit of a putty-tat of a storm - a few flashes, a few mumblings, much a-do about nothing.

Down in mayo once, in my cousinses house they were all **** scared of thunderstorms (bless the muckers, they don't understand) and my cousins woke me up to tell me there's a storm (I was on my own on the couch) and they were all getting up to go sleep in the same room... I was 18 at the time. One of them was 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,962 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm sitting here in Swords and nothing
    Plenty out here in Rush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

rain getting heavy in lucan but no sign of a flash or bang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SnuggaponyKelly

fab

Plenty out here in Rush!

hmph. It's raining now. I think i might hear some muffled thunder. Must be sitting in a nice weather corridor or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,962 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

hmph. It's raining now. I think i might hear some muffled thunder. Must be sitting in a nice weather corridor or something.
    I'm just yards from the coast so perhaps that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,144 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What's that counting thing you do to estimate how far away it is? I counted 14 seconds between lightning and a bang? It's a bit of a putty-tat of a storm - a few flashes, a few mumblings, much a-do about nothing.

Down in mayo once, in my cousinses house they were all **** scared of thunderstorms (bless the muckers, they don't understand) and my cousins woke me up to tell me there's a storm (I was on my own on the couch) and they were all getting up to go sleep in the same room... I was 18 at the time. One of them was 17.

They're wise. You fart in Mayo and someone's house falls down.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Just had an unreal storm out here in north Dublin.

I'm right on the Irish Sea and the lightning is amazing, fork and all, lighting up the sea!!

Rain was fierce, thunder came for a while too, but the lightning is every minute non stop
    for ages :D<3 it!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

errrr

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Just had an unreal storm out here in north Dublin.

I'm right on the Irish Sea and the lightning is amazing, fork and all, lighting up the sea!!

Rain was fierce, thunder came for a while too, but the lightning is every minute non stop
    for ages :D<3 it!!

Awesome! Just a heavy shower in D6... :(

When I heard the rain start I thought it was gonna be a big storm... and maybe rid us of this damn humidity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I'm a mucker and I'm effin terrified of it! To be fair if you're out in a field (as us muckers do sometimes be) it's pretty fecking scary!

Was in Malahide the last hour or so but think it's gone, I've never run from my car so fast. Scaredy cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

All quite now Dublin West, poured rain about 15 mins ago, one clap of thunder and flash of lightning, thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

We've just got our electrics back. Was pretty bad here for a while, every minute or so we'd see a flash. Was watching the action on Stormvue for a while before, so I knew what was on the way! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I've never run from my car so fast. Scaredy cat.

The safest place to be in a storm! There was lightning, then an epic roll of thunder here..another flash of lightning, pretty far away, and that was it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

One roll of thunder a while back in D15 and what appears to have been a light shower that's drying up now. Strange seeing as it's so bad elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

I still prefer the sun!! The poor doggies are terrified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

Was stuck in a field for an hour, lovely weather for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Abigayle wrote: »
    Raining here. heard a few rumbles here and there. Fairly close together too :)

Ooh you editted your post - but you were in my homevillage - well, where I grew up!:D
    Clare Bear wrote: »
    Was in Malahide the last hour or so but think it's gone, I've never run from my car so fast. Scaredy cat.

I was sooooo jealous of your view! Can't believe I missed it - I saw ONE measly flash of lightening:( my mam came in from doing the shopping said it was mental out there!:eek:

Advertisement