Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People Mistaking Your Age FFS!!

13»

Comments

Whenever I get asked for ID, I just tell them that I'm old and they let me go! No question asked.

Sob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'm 29 and during the Junior Cert exams this year I had to go into one of the exam centres in the school i teach in to collect papers. The examiner told me to hurry up and sit down because I was late for the exam :eek:

My 15 year old third years who were already seated had a good laugh at that one!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i know it is a pain in the nuts people think i am 25/26 the whole time and refuse to believe when i say i am 33

it makes me so angry :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im 27 but often get mistaken for 30+, mainly because im said to be the image of simon delaney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

I'm 23 and usually get ID'd buying alcohol and going into pubs/clubs. I didn't mind it when I was 19 or 20 but it's getting to be a bit of a joke now. I think I look younger but I don't think I look under 18 ffs! When we were in America people were always giving my BF dirty looks as if he was cradle snatching, when he's actually a year younger than me! And someone at work said I looked 17! I don't smoke, don't drink much and have olive skin which doesn't dry out in the sun..... some of the other girls at that job who were my age looked like they were going on 30, IMO so I would have looked young in comparison. Anyway I'd rather look young than old!

irishbird wrote: »
    i know it is a pain in the nuts people think i am 25/26 the whole time and refuse to believe when i say i am 33

it makes me so angry :mad:

DesF looks more mature than his age too. It is possibly the comparision.
    Blame him!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Moonbaby wrote: »
    DesF looks more mature than his age too. It is possibly the comparision.
    Blame him!

nah, i wish i could blame but people have always thought i look 5 years younger when what i am

irishbird wrote: »
    nah, i wish i could blame but people have always thought i look 5 years younger when what i am

Preserved for prosperity...you've caught my blathering disease. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I am 30 but recenly people have been pegging me for 25, have no idea why

When i was in my teens people thought I was in my late 20's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

last year got stopped going into a 15's film , some cow on the counter refused to believe i was 20 at the time, oh the joy when i had my id on me ha!

Last week, went with my friend and her little brother to see Kung Fu Panda, got a child ticket OHHH YEAHH!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I'm 29 and people generally think i'm 25..... since i'm 25 lol:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

16 but everyone says im 18+, cool for a while but im sick of over paying for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

Going to be 21 in less than a month and the generally people who wouldn't know think I am between 23-25 so not that bad but people have said I look as old as 28 which rather suprising to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

Someone thought I was 15 when I was 18.

I've been mistaken for someone of around 24-27 a few times. When I asked them if I really looked that old, they said that it was just the way I spoke and 'carried myself', i.e. I act mature. I don't consciously 'act maturely'- it just seems to happen.

I feel like an insignificant child inwardly, though! :o

Some new woman at work recently assumed I was a transition year student on work experience.

Yep, so it definitely varies for me really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ickythump

S.I.R wrote: »
    16 but everyone says im 18+, cool for a while but im sick of over paying for everything.

yeah that used to happen to me a lot, especially buying bus/train tickets when i was around 15/16, they would never allow me to buy the child's ticket (u-16)! they always asked for id! made a huge difference in the price, and all my friends got the child ticket even when some of them were 17:rolleyes:ah well getting served was never a problem though..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm 25 next week and am often mistaken for 16-17. In fact at one of the boards beers someone (Oscar Bravo methinks) called me jailbait :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

16 but people thought i was under 14 the other day got told i was 18/19 a few weeks ago yay!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

25. only been asked for ID twice in my life. once in boston. once in dunnes stored

I'd love to be asked for ID. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

When I was 17 I never had a problem getting in anywhere but as soon as I hit 20 I was asked for it everywhere I went. I was celebrating my 26th last month with all my family and I was asked for ID. The little fecker was only about 16 himself, I asked him did I look 17 and he replied no, I asked him did I look under 17 and he said no. I asked him did I look dodgy and he said no. Why are you asking me for id then??? My mother had to come over and swear I was 26!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Lilym

I'm twenty eight but I'm constantly mistaken for being younger.. I take it as a compliment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭STUBBORNGIRL

RedXIV wrote: »
    am 21 and get told i look alot older. used to aim for that when i was younger, now i'm fighting it! :D

21 and talks so much sense - never would have guessed that! not in a million years! Obviously i have never laid eyes on you but usually you could tell from the advice!

Well im 28 and people think im 20 - they also mistake my mother for my sister! Youth jsut runs in the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

18, only ever asked for I.D in Dunnes when buying booze.

...and it was the same when I was 17 :rolleyes:

**nightclubs too, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

I don't get ID'd anymore. Im 24 but have never known whether I look my age, some think younger, some think older!! Friend recently went to a pub, same age as myself, and stopped at the bouncer and he looked at her and said "I'm not asking you for ID", think she was somewhat insulted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭tinkletoes

When I was out last sunday I was asked for id to get into a nightclub had none on cause I am 23 and never get asked except that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

ChewChew wrote: »
    25. only been asked for ID twice in my life. once in boston. once in dunnes stored

I'd love to be asked for ID. :(

Have you got any ID? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Jordon

Have you got any ID? :P

I'm 24 going on 16 and it is annoying OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

When I was 17 people thought I was 23/24 and had no problems getting in places now that I'm 22 I can't go to a night club but I'm stopped for ID.

Advertisement