Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on how to disappear, what is the best way to go about disappearing ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Here's a site with a broken down list of what would be required http://foreignlegion.info/joining/
    to have a valid ID – the presentation of any identity cards (on current validity) delivered by the State of membership of the candidate is asked so as to facilitate the process of selection and recruitment (ID card, passport, driving licences, diplomas of state)

to have a birth certificate verified copy (translation into English or French languages prefered), confirmation of the certificate’s copy not older than 6 months while enlisting (you are allowed to enlist without the certificate as well, however, the document will simplify your engagement)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

skallywag wrote: »
    http://foreignlegion.info/joining/

Unless you fancy being a soldier in a warzone and either are or are willing to become very very fit then I would seriously forget that idea.

There are far more roles than being involved in frontline fighting, they offer plenty of training from areas such as administration to IT Support.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 disappear4321

Thanks I mightn't actually go for it, but I'll have a look into it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭lc180

OP move to Cavan or Roscommon, no one will look for you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'm not involved with drugs and I dont owe money out, please stop speculating as to why I want to disappear

what documents would I need if I wanted to go about joining the French foreign legion ? I've never heard of it before

Without even a hint as to your reasons, you won't get sound advice. As it stands, you could be a Walter Mitty character, a paranoid Schizophrenic or a 17 year old who had a fight with his old man because he wouldn't let you borrow the family car FFS. We could be aiding someone in putting their family through hell because some girl he slept with told him she was pregnant to wind him up FFS.

IMO thread should be closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

The reason I asked why you wanted to disappear was to try and figure out why you feel the need to take such drastic action. You are very obviously running away from something that you feel either you can't face or is endangering your life. It is the sort of thing there is no coming back from and in my opinion should only be taken as a last resort. If you are planning on disappearing forever, you are closing off a massive part of your life. You'll never see your parents again, nor any siblings you may have. Never meet any nieces or nephews. Cousins. Friends. Even if you do reappear, you'll have changed utterly the nature of your relationship with them.

Seeing as your mind's made up, would you please tell someone trustworthy in your family that you're going. Post them a letter from the ferry port or something if that's what you need to do. I don't think you're looking at this from their point of view at all. Imagine the mental torture you'll be putting them though if you just disappear. All you have to do is read or look at the interviews done with the families of missing people to see just what effect it has on them. Philip Kearns, Mary Boyle, Fiona Pender, Jo Jo Dollard, Deirdre Jacob, Annie McCarrick, Trevor Deeley, Fiona Sinnott. These are names that I can think of off the top of my head.

Not that you've any intention of doing it but I'm posting a link to this site http://www.missingpersons.ie Stop and think of the anguish each and every one of these missing people has caused to their loved ones. If you disappear without telling someone, you really are heartless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

If you want to go then you want to go. Your poor family though. Could you at least write a letter to explain your actions that you could have sent to them after you are gone? Just leaving without an explanation could destroy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hi disappear4321,

as it stands, all of the general questions regarding your situation have been answered, and I hope that some of it has been of benefit to you. However, you state that you are unable to/unwilling to provide further information, and without knowing any further details of your situation, it is difficult for anybody to give you sound advice on this without running the very real risk of steering you in the wrong direction.

For now I am closing the thread - if you wish for it to be reopened, please feel free to PM myself or one of the other Personal Issues moderators in confidence, and we can discuss reopening it.

regards,
    Mike

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement