Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leg Rash

• 17-10-2014 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Recently I was diagnosed with a condition called Henoch Schonlein Purpura which is a type of vasculitis. Apparently it comes and goes and there is no known root cause. I've now had it for 7 months on and off. Using aloe Vera gel seems to calm it down when I have it but I haven't found out what triggers it. Seems to be reactive to both heat and cold. Does anyone else have experience of HSP and did it go away in the end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hey man

I too was diagnosed recently. I have suffered from it for about 6 years it's only in the last 3 years it has progressively gotten worse.

I get the break out of the rash/hives every few months it can last up to a week and absolutely cripples me. Knees,ankles, soles of feet all swell and become inflamed to the point I cant walk. Skin is so raw, it's akin to sunburn but far worse. The spots can turn to nasty blisters aswell sometimes.

I have consistent joint pain in my knees and ankles.

I also have kidney involvement with high levels of blood and protein in my urine. For now though the chances of developing chronic kidney disease is low.

I can't tell you what triggers it but the worst cases generally happen when I get a sinus or chest infection.

All in all its not an ideal condition I have had to give up many active parts of my life because of it, it's absolute hell at times the symptoms but it's fairly manageable.

Advertisement