Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great Aftertiming Footy thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Bateman wrote: »
    Good to see people riding the overs train, it's not going to last forever!

Yep it's been an unreal start. Have another one going now too just need over 2.5 in the Belgium game. Thought my cashout would've been higher though! Will see how it starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Good luck brother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

paulb06 wrote: »
    Yep it's been an unreal start. Have another one going now too just need over 2.5 in the Belgium game. Thought my cashout would've been higher though! Will see how it starts.

great bet .. good luck.

looking at the odds and cashout,
    you would be better off to cash out (661) and then put all the stake back on a single at 11/10 2.1 .. your return would be 1387 ....as oppossed to the 1287 now
    if you can get it on that is.

great bet .. good luck.

looking at the odds and cashout,
    you would be better off to cash out (661) and then put all the stake back on a single at 11/10 2.1 .. your return would be 1387 ....as oppossed to the 1287 now
    if you can get it on that is.

Cheers mate cashout has actually increased to €713 now as over 2.5 odds have shortened to 13/20, so would only return 1176 now if I did that. Just going to pray for an early goal and fast start from Belgium and cashout if it doesn't look good.

Cheers mate cashout has actually increased to €713 now as over 2.5 odds have shortened to 13/20, so would only return 1176 now if I did that. Just going to pray for an early goal and fast start from Belgium and cashout if it doesn't look good.

Cashed out at €327 on 62mins. Couldn't wait any longer the cash was just dropping. Sickening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Gutting Paul. I feel your pain after the Ghana result last night. Great bet, pity Belgium made such a hash of it for so long. You still have a few quid to enjoy at least.

Gutting Paul. I feel your pain after the Ghana result last night. Great bet, pity Belgium made such a hash of it for so long. You still have a few quid to enjoy at least.

Yeah, they played awful in the 1st half and weren't much better until that cross for Fellanis goal then they played like I hoped they play from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Yeah, they played awful in the 1st half and weren't much better until that cross for Fellanis goal then they played like I hoped they play from the start.

I know it may not feel like it right now but you made €322 while risking €5!

That is some seriously great work man well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Don't know why people were so confident about England. Uruguay have played consistently well over the last few years. Before the tournament Uruguay and England were level in most people's minds - goes to show you shouldn't judge on one game. Whereas England always do bad at big tournaments. Really couldn't believe Uruguay were 3/1.

cj29.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

E50 win on Suarez to score 2 against England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

http://gyazo.com/49cad6f61adb5707b47e5fdf10fd1476

Last 10 minutes of the Belgium game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Love the little Mexicans :D

Got on them when Chico came on they went two up top and really went for it and the Croatians didn't like it, the red card brought the points up, makes up for the stinker that was Holland/Chile game.

41ad3f9345813d3410e36fa51dff3b5b.png

had a great day yesterday well in profit for WC now, think I will back off a bit and enjoy the matches..

Argies corners - took em pre-match and at HT when 4-1 DOWN .

And the round of 16 , draw acca , 6 selections , 15 lines (fourfolds)
    Only 1 line came through , but those draw odds really stack up .
    1 line win returned 360/1 for the line stake , and worked out 24/1 for the overall stake

sorry coudnt get it all in one jpg ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Sometimes... you just know something fishy is going on/will happen.
    Without having information it really is fixed.

These had 3 and 4 goals at HT

uEqpqIc.jpg

At 3-3, i needed 1 goal for the above double to come in, 5 mins to go... ah sure, why not?

uaZvbCG.jpg

Yay!... goal, 4-3 for Teplice....

Why not just go for 4-4 :D

7snggq2.jpg

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

inforfun wrote: »
    Sometimes... you just know something fishy is going on/will happen.
    Without having information it really is fixed.

These had 3 and 4 goals at HT

uEqpqIc.jpg

At 3-3, i needed 1 goal for the above double to come in, 5 mins to go... ah sure, why not?

uaZvbCG.jpg

Yay!... goal, 4-3 for Teplice....

Why not just go for 4-4 :D

7snggq2.jpg

giphy.gif

Nice one!

Mind me asking how you much you came away with?

• Advertisement

Nice one!

Mind me asking how you much you came away with?
    About €200

Not going to put my house on @29 odds (unfortunately, in this case)

Well done! :D

Getting good at this :D

5-1, 10 mins to go.

Sd0nEXj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Europa League 10 fold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Argentina don't concede much , fancied a tight game

zWkoTWV.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

59Wu2YS.png

Argentina again paying the bills :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Man I frickin love the odds you get on over 0.5 first half goals, doubles are the way forward ;) My last win to get the €747 pot, I decided to go for SK Strum to win the first half instead because the odds were nearly evens and because I've never seen stats on a game like this before. Still 0-0 at 20 in minutes in, Schwaz had 1 attack where SK had about 30 with 6 shots on target. It was coming, I could feel it :)

And end of game stats, Schwaz had 1 goal from 1 shot on target. The actually equalized but the all hell broke loose and it ended 4-1.

sjIxm43.png7lqQokc.png

Had my head out of gambling for about a week and a half during the world cup. Knocked back on and rolled out a 50 euro bet last Wednesday. Have the guts of 2,000 back out since. Delighted with this run ... Europa league early rounds, Emperor cup early rounds and early pre season friendlies being really good to bet on.

Had some bumps along the road (US lower leagues in particular at weekend) along with some smaller stake wins. Some of the main contributing bigger bets are here.

5cmutd.jpg

2u5xkyt.jpg

2ur5sfo.jpg

30vcavk.jpg

2u604sz.jpg

rur9rt.jpg

htv77c.jpg

14kdt2u.jpg

24myv0z.jpg

359zbpj.jpg

14bt1uf.jpg

t0szu0.jpg

2lux3q1.jpg

mlnl85.jpg

2mdp161.jpg

and the last few :pac:

auw77.jpg

xapiqs.jpg

vmwrix.jpg

wmf01t.jpg

Had a big treble (by my standards) land the last two days running. Today I landed two :pac:

nfqngo.jpg

20pybut.jpg

Only regret I have is not backing Yokohamma F at 500/1 for a tenner in the last few minutes. They ended up winning!.

I learned the hard way last year that you have to be very careful with the friendlies you choose to back. Nice to see it pay off this time.

Best time of year for me hands down. Same story last year too. Good thing is that there is more decent friendlies and Europa/Champs qualifiers ahead :)

Can't forget Sweden u21

9qcoyo.jpg

The Sparta game today was an absolute goldmine.

a47qxd.jpg

Can't let Powers off the hook either :)

ayskuq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The one MLS weekend game i didnt do a preview of and it wins.

bet10.png

bet11.png

548256f56d56de8997a791683dd62842.png
    4c4d0a460f12ce0d1c415731235d715b.png

7 folder

not exactly great.. but i said id post it in aftertiming.
    Barca Vs Club Leon .. cant believe i didnt go bigger stake on the handicap .
    the opposition played a game Friday night, then travelled from Mexico for a game monday against Barca in the Nou camp with Suarez on the bench

• Advertisement

Placed after about 65 mins yesterday :)

Bet with your head, not with your heart bet

tXSVVzK.jpg

They were great for 43 mins, conceded and were utter **** after that.

3 day rest rule strikes again (Raymond Verheijen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Backed this today in bray game. Was going nil nil then chanced 2-0. I never get correct scores so this is a wee bonus

Fri
    Bray Wanderers 2 - 0
    EUR110.00
    Football / IRE Premier League (Correct Score, 90 Mins)
    29th August 2014 19:45pm
    Stake: EUR 10.00
    Odds: 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

greenman09 wrote: »
    Backed this today in bray game. Was going nil nil then chanced 2-0. I never get correct scores so this is a wee bonus

Fri
    Bray Wanderers 2 - 0
    EUR110.00
    Football / IRE Premier League (Correct Score, 90 Mins)
    29th August 2014 19:45pm
    Stake: EUR 10.00
    Odds: 10/1

i remember when UCD bray games used to be exciting goalfests! WD on backing that!!

Cheeky 60/1 accum.

Cheers to all the lads for the input on here. Having a pretty great month.

Lovely winner last night on the MLS. Hat tip to Mags for the info on Toronto manager and players missing from XI

2j4a9za.jpg

A few other winners at nice odds.

This was coming in around @28 round 1,400 - 1,500 area return if I remember right but cashed it out a little early as the Pittsburgh game was really tight. I had intended doing a write up on the Pittsburg game as to why I thought they would win (new defender finally sorting their defence basically), then found out Orange county had a new striker so decided against it and the single I was to take. Nice to get it on this winner though.

2d6ns7m.jpg

double from same bet

2it0phu.jpg

Raised my stakes above normal % staking levels for my pot for these, some were tighter than I would have liked.

157p5pe.jpg

21ay061.jpg

imih6d.jpg

And then the rest

1rswlz.jpg

vg4bpk.jpg

24ch9ty.jpg

2ngg6wx.jpg

34nmwcn.jpg

335e2op.jpg

155gr2x.jpg

Gracias @ TB on Jamaica strong XI info.

ig9u0m.jpg

First one in particular here was well welcomed when it landed

1bzfb.jpg

2nhdzxs.jpg

300d3jm.jpg

30sj9xz.jpg

hs3itf.jpg

2lnu52e.jpg

72empl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

First one in particular here was well welcomed when it landed

1bzfb.jpg

2nhdzxs.jpg

300d3jm.jpg

30sj9xz.jpg

hs3itf.jpg

2lnu52e.jpg

72empl.jpg

Top work

Top work

Cheers TB. Good info network big help :)

• Advertisement

Wow Dio that's insane well done. Some serious discipline by looking at the
    bets, waiting for really fancied ones and not been drawn into bet live betting in general (so much to bet on) which is my weakness!

Wow Dio that's insane well done. Some serious discipline by looking at the
    bets, waiting for really fancied ones and not been drawn into bet live betting in general (so much to bet on) which is my weakness!

Cheers Paul. I know that craic with getting drawn into live betting too much. there was a time I was backing everything that kicked a ball (much small stakes at the time). the silver lining I took from it was that it let me find exactly the markets and leagues I liked and stick to them.

I need to start doing proper accounts of my bets as this stage as this would let me hone in on this even more to see what really worked. i do it all in my head at the moment.

I should after time as well that I took a hit of over 300 quid on Port vale v Notts County overs, 2 disallowed goals in the first ten minutes in that game. The Chelsea +1.5 team goal bet went some ways towards repairing that mistake that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Serious form Dio. Keep rolling in that profit. Id be getting nosebleeds at some of those figures:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

That's insane Dio, treat yourself to something nice pal. You've earned it! :)

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Serious form Dio. Keep rolling in that profit. Id be getting nosebleeds at some of those figures:pac:
    Lamposts wrote: »
    That's insane Dio, treat yourself to something nice pal. You've earned it! :)

Cheers lads. Hitting airport in 20 mins for a week hols Lamps, gonna put some of it to good use!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Cheers lads. Hitting airport in 20 mins for a week hols Lamps, gonna put some of it to good use!

Ah nice man! Where ya heading? Hope you have a good holiday. :)

• Advertisement

Lamposts wrote: »
    Ah nice man! Where ya heading? Hope you have a good holiday. :)

Near Barca .. gonna get Messi fix a few matches for us :pac: have a good one!.

Just landed this bad boy right now.

from the info I just posted on the live thread about Harimau missing the regular keeper and defender today ..

2lviidt.jpg

gerrup!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Super stuff Dio

Super stuff Dio

Cheers Shano :)

Had a good night. 10 bets up...
    Swansea (+1,-1,-2)
    Bayern (FH & SH hcap (-1) and a few corner hcaps)
    Real (-2)
    lesson learned is wait for the right matchs and strike. Easier said than done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement