Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money saving tips

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lowering the thermostat on your heating by just 1 degree can save a good few bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sugar will get a fire going nicely, or so my oh tells me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Lint from a clothes dryer mixed with wax dripped into egg cartons makes a pretty effective firelighter. Of course if you're using a clothes dryer in the first place you're using a lot more energy than just buying firelighters, but any sort of thready material should do it, like cotton balls or makeup pads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Robdude wrote: »
    Here's what I've done. It sucks....but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Dropped my cell phone plan. Now I'm pay-as-you-go and I don't talk unless I absolutely have to. I use the web interface for sending free texts (something like 250 each month) so I can every penny I can there.

No cable/dish for the TV. It really sucks. I have a stack of DVDs and I've seen them all a million times. I come home and toss one in and let it play while I work on the computer.

Set timers for all the electrical stuff...keep the apartment cold at night, turn off hot water, turn off things if I can, etc, etc...

No beer/no soda. I drink water now. It sucks a lot, but it's cheap.

No car/no taxi/no buss if at all possible. I walk everywhere, all the time. I did break down and pay for a Dublin Bike subscription - 10 euro a year isn't too bad. But yeah - I hate walking. This might not be possible, but if it is, it saves a lot of money.

No eating out. I cook as much as I can from scratch - cheap stuff mostly. It's a pain in the arse, but again, no money.

Before you go shopping for food - check the sale prices online and decide what to buy from each store. I think it helps to plan out each meal so you always buy exactly what you need. 'Monday I'll have x, so I need to buy Y'....etc...etc... some places only have sale prices on certain days so you have to plan for that too. Again, not fun, and it takes a good 15-20 minutes to plan but it helps.

I should cancel the internet - but I think I'd go insane.

Jaysus! That's extreme poverty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Broads.ie wrote: »
    Jaysus! That's extreme poverty.

It's not that bad. I mean - I still have my laptop and internet access :)

We've still got food and a roof and all that jazz too. I figure we're better off than a lot of folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Robdude wrote: »
    No cable/dish for the TV. It really sucks. I have a stack of DVDs and I've seen them all a million times. I come home and toss one in and let it play while I work on the computer.

Are you not racking up unnecessary cost on your leccy bill having the TV and DVD player running when you're not using them ? You should throw the DVD on in your PC/Laptop seeing as you're already using that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

WTF? :confused::confused:

All communications can be done for free on the net via Facebook/E-mail/skype ect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

Wear an extra jumper.

Or alternatively go into the local acident and emergency and spend the day there. Its always warm and you'll improve your social skills. You may meet the love of your life or you might pick up some infectious disease, but thems the breaks.

Are you not racking up unnecessary cost on your leccy bill having the TV and DVD player running when you're not using them ? You should throw the DVD on in your PC/Laptop seeing as you're already using that ;)
    A second hand lcd screen and dated video card will give you dual monitors to watch the movies whilst working online, for very little output, probably less rubbernecking too. Most channels you can find on sky have a dedicated youtube channel as well, so its possible to keep up with your latest shows without a TV of any description.

Recent laws mean you don't even need a TV licence to do this, I haven't watched the telly in years. Plus, zero advertisments, its pretty sweet.

An ebook reader from ebay is a hundred euro cost saver too, there's a massive amounts of books legally available for free out there, Project Gutenberg or Baen Books are a good place to start. And the thing uses almost no electricity.

• Advertisement

You're probably right; but my laptop screen is pretty small.

If I were smarter I'd find some way to figure out how much it costs to have the TV on.

It's a small TV - 10" - so I figured it's probably not a lot?

All communications can be done for free on the net via Facebook/E-mail/skype ect...

Can you carry this 'net' around with you as you go about your daily business?

If you have a laptop - you can find free internet access at a lot of places; so you can sorta do that.

But it's a lot more of a pain.

The first two weeks I was in Dublin that was me - every day I was out and walking to places like McDonalds to get on the internet and make calls with Skype. I got some odd looks doing that.

Depends on what your daily business involves. If you are like me and work in an office, I can use the company phone on my desk to make personal calls. So its net and company phone in work, and net and, for others, possibly house-phone at home (I don't have a house phone)
    It depends on your own situation, but its perfectly do-able. You just need to think outside the box a little. :)

Depends on what your daily business involves. If you are like me and work in an office, I can use the company phone on my desk to make personal calls. So its net and company phone in work, and net and, for others, possibly house-phone at home (I don't have a house phone)
    It depends on your own situation, but its perfectly do-able. You just need to think outside the box a little. :)

I'm sure your employers are delighted at your usage of their resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Don't waste money on expensive ipods. Simply think of your favourite tune and hum it. If you want to "switch tracks", simply think of another song you like and hum that instead.

• Advertisement

I'm sure your employers are delighted at your usage of their resources.

Sarcasm....... that's great. Our company employee handbook states that use of the office phone and internet for personal calls, is acceptable. As long as its not abused. So there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

feed pets cheaply with aldi tinned corned beef,scraps etc, stale bread.
    As for whiskas and pedigree chum etc, its all overpriced industrial waste.
    If im tightening my belt so is the feckin dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

feed pets cheaply with aldi tinned corned beef,scraps etc, stale bread.
    As for whiskas and pedigree chum etc, its all overpriced industrial waste.
    If im tightening my belt so is the feckin dog.

You'll have the spastics on your back telling you that's cruel.

OK picture this scenario. I get rid of my phone thanks to your advice. Then I drive to the shop to get some milk. I suddenly crash into a ravine and cannot move from the car because my leg is crushed to bits. WTF do I do? Send a smoke signal?

There are 6 million other reasons you should have a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Sellotape Rice Krispies to your tyres for that luxurious, gravel drive effect when you arrive home.

• Advertisement

OK picture this scenario. I get rid of my phone thanks to your advice. Then I drive to the shop to get some milk. I suddenly crash into a ravine and cannot move from the car because my leg is crushed to bits. WTF do I do? Send a smoke signal?

There are 6 million other reasons you should have a phone.

I'm not saying it's a perfect solution for everybody. The OP asked for money saving ideas, so I gave him an example based on my own personal experience. One that has been working out just fine for me.

But consider THIS! I drive to the shop to get some milk. I suddenly crash into a ravine and cannot move from the car because my leg is crushed to bits. I have my phone with me, but during the crash it has fallen underneath the drivers seat and I cant reach it. WTF do I do? Send a smoke signal? :pac:

I get what you are saying, but I think the example has too many variables. Also, there are 6 million reasons you don't actually need a phone. (See, I can say that too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

You can get DVDs and CDs from any good library,which satisfies the need for 'new' stuff. I take the CDs and burn them onto my ipod straight away. There are some great coupons online too. If you keep your eye on the couponing section of Boards, loads of people are great for updating the special offer of each supermarket, so when an item is bought on offer with a coupon it's very cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Here's a few things I do
    Bringing lunch is the obvious one, bring snacks as well so you don't get caught out you can make your own cereal bars.

I will be getting rid of my tv asap could save 36 euro a month over a year it adds up, you can watch whatever online especially with 3e, rte, channel 4 online. So I would pay for the internet I get a lot more out of it, job ops, entertainment, work stuff opposed to tv.. boo waste of the monies.

light candles, its romantic relaxing and cheap. Plus all the ladies will think your sensitive ;)

energy efficient lightbulbs
    listen to music on Grooveshark
    explore youtube
    avoid taxis unless it's going to be a life saver, save you a dodgy walk home or theres not other option
    buy a monthly bus ticket or better cycle.
    consider moving somewhere cheaper if possible as you probably moved into that place on a higher income than what youre expecting next year.
    don't turn the heating on at night unless its literally freezing, fuzzy hot water bottle and a good set of pjs

kick the habit of buying new clothes unless you need them, invest in two good pairs of shoes, formal/interview wear, weather appropriate clothing while you still have the funds.

Don't shop at convenience stores, plan your shopping and stick to the list

keep a budget ~(pain in the aras I know)
    turn the heat on periodically, avoid turning water heater on except for quick showers you can wash your hair and dishes with cold water (only use a bit of boiled water for grease and fill up your hot water bottle also)

If you're a tea-aholic you'll have to cut it, can't be boiling the kettle ten times a day, and cooking your dinner for 45 mins in the oven every day plenty of other healthy options for every day dinners that are more energy efficient my bill is usually 20 a month for a one bed so it does help.

Go to free events for entertainment or volunteer you'll find that you're not as bored so will be less tempted to putting funds in for entertainment

They are just things I do, look if this is your last year working there just be conscious of false economy spend the money now on things that will save you money in the long run, try to budget or be aware of spending and start looking at prices and oh i hate this phrase shop around, seriously Aldi's 39 cent fruit and veg offers, quality.

Its really hard for me to think what to cut back on when I don't spend a lot, I might budget for 400 but if I don't watch things that could easily go to 450,500 or even 600, last summer I spent a grand in one month.. meth is one hell of a crazy drug.

okay good luck bud!

saa wrote: »
    If you're a tea-aholic you'll have to cut it, can't be boiling the kettle ten times a day, and cooking your dinner for 45 mins in the oven every day plenty of other healthy options for every day dinners that are more energy efficient my bill is usually 20 a month for a one bed so it does help.
    Play it cute though, get youself a teapot with a tealight warmer under it, buy some quality green tea and you're set for the day. Even a tiny pinch of that stuff really lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Save moneys on expensive personalised car number plates by simply changing your name to match your existing plate – Mr 02D34559

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Rinse out your used condoms and hang them on the shower rail to drip dry.

For those of you afraid to boil the kettle 10 times a day for a bit of tae... just try this. Buy a fcuking massive flask. Boil up the water in the morning, enough to fill the flask, then seal it tight. Now whenever you want a cuppa, just use the hot water from the flask. It works. And you don't have to use electricity every time you want a cup of shcald. This is some green environmental shit I'm telling you.

Satts wrote: »

They actually do that in some poverty stricken places like this village in Kenya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a few from viz here, so here's more:

DON'T waste money on expensive ipods. Simply think of your favourite tune and hum it. If you want to "switch tracks", simply think of another song you like and hum that instead

DON'T waste money on expensive paper shredders to avoid having your identity stolen. Simply place a few dog turds in the bin bags along with your old bank statements

Save money on household wear and tear by living in a tent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Here are some more Viz Top Tips, most of which are money saving:

Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view.

Always poo at work. Not only will you save money on toilet paper, but you'll also be getting paid for it.

Weight watchers. Avoid that devilish temptation to nibble at a chocolate bar in the cupboard or fridge by not buying the f**king thing in the first place, you fat bastard.

Recreate the fun of a visit to a public swimming pool in your home by filling the bath with cold water, adding two bottles of bleach, then urinating into it, before jumping in.

Anorexics. When your knees become fatter than your legs, start eating cake again.

An empty aluminium cigar tube filled with angry wasps makes an inexpensive vibrator.

Olympic athletes. Disguise the fact that you've taken steroids by running a bit slower.

Smokers. Save on matches and lighters, by simply lighting your next fag from the butt of your last one.

Vegetarians coming to dinner? Simply serve them a nice bit of steak or veal. Since they're always going on about how tofu, Quorn, meat substitute etc 'tastes exactly like the real thing', they won't know the difference.

Invited by vegetarians for dinner? Point out that since you'd no doubt be made aware of their special dietary requirements, tell them about yours, and ask for a nice steak.

High blood pressure sufferers. Simply cut yourself and bleed for a while, thus reducing the pressure in your veins.

Heavy smokers. Don't throw away those filters from the end of your cigarettes. Save them up and within a few years you'll have enough to insulate your roof.

Corsa drivers. Attach a lighted sparkler to the roof of your car before starting a long journey. You drive the things like dodgems anyway, so It may as well look like one.

A mouse trap placed on top on of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep.

Fool next door into thinking you have more stairs than them by banging your feet twice on each stair.

At supermarket checkouts a Toblerone box makes a handy 'Next customer Please' sign for dyslexic shoppers.

Girls. Don't worry about a nice dress for that important first date. All he's interested in is seeing you naked.

Putting just the right amount of gin in your goldfish bowl makes the fishes' eyes bulge and cause them to swim in an amusing manner.

Avoid parking tickets by leaving your windscreen wipers turned to 'fast wipe' whenever you leave your car parked illegally.

Housewives. I find the best way to get two bottles of washing-up liquid for the price of one is by putting one in your shopping trolley and the other in your coat pocket.

Don't invite drug addicts round for a meal on Boxing Day. They may find the offer of cold turkey embarrassing or offensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Eever

Think I'd rather have the mobile in case of emergencies, and also so that people can contact me when I'm out & about.

you can wash your hair and dishes with cold water (only use a bit of boiled water for grease and fill up your hot water bottle also)

Wash your hair in cold water?? That sounds horrible!

Also, I notice a few people have said "turn the heat off at night". Do people normally have the heat ON at night? Mad stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Put whatever savings you have into Bank of Ireland shares.

oh no ... wait .. scrap that idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    As someone who's lit fires from all sorts of materials and in many varying conditions, I'd love to know how you do this.
    I am not talking about out lighting a wet fire with flint out in the wilds here dude. I get lots of dry softwood off-cuts free gratis in work. Here's what I do

-I scrunch up a sheet of the kilkenny advertiser (which is two pages, if you think about it - four if you're counting back and front).

-Using a hatchet i split up a handful of the softwood offcuts until they are about 1cm across (smaller is better). Maybe 10 of them total. Takes two mins.

-I break them in half but instead of pulling the two halves apart, i bend them in a V shape and put them upside down over the scrunched up bit of newspaper

-I add more kindling leaving plenty of space for the air to get in around it.

And off she goes. Singin in about 10 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

• Why use toilet paper when you have a perfectly good hand?
    • Make your own postit notes from the left overs of last nights loneliness session.
    • Dont throw out those old shoes, recycle them into cereal bowls.
    • Bend ear buds in half to get 1 third extra usage.
    • start smoking from a very early age to stunt your growth dramatically so you can continue getting childs fare on busses well into your thirties.
    • Once a neighbourhood cat is on your property they can legaly be minced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

Don't spend it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Satts wrote: »
    They actually do that in some poverty stricken places like this village in Kenya.

At least when I do it, I don't hang them out near thorns. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Tomk1 wrote: »
    If you have Sky, drop it and go free-sat, one step further sell the TV (use internet instead) save the wasted money from the TV-licence-tax.
    [sky 30*12=360 + 160 = €520
    sky 50*12=600 + 160 = €760] ... Thats nearly enough for a top of the range PC

I disagree slightly. We are talking about saving money, not living on the bare minimum. I would keep the sky. In my experience, if I have something decent to watch when I get home, Im less likely to go to the pub after work, at which I could drop a tenner without realising it. I know with a PC you can watch great stuff too. Thats all I use these days, but there are also days when there is a match on or something, and you dont want to go rigging it up or looking for streams, you just want to have some beer and watch the game, so another trip to the pub. Thats easily 30 quidm not including entertainment for the other 28 days of the month.

Tomk1 wrote: »

Note: buying cheap brands/products does not equate to saving money long term, 2 'crap' advents will cost more than a top-spec, top of the range somewhat 5yr + future proof PC. (note untill recently nearly all retail laptops sold didn't even have enough ram to run Vista relying on virtual memory, ''brand new'' & in 2 years going obsolete) basically cost over lifespan taking into account upgradabillity. ie six months ago after well over a year of saving, & constant price monitoring, waiting for new chips and price drop hitting my €1K-ish budget, got a Dell i7 with single 8gig memory, upgradable to 32gig with the 3 empty slots. So expected cost/lifespan is €100/yr over hopefully 10+ yrs apart from upgrade in 5ish yrs

This I agree with. Last September I was being thrifty and bought cheap winter boots for about 20 euro. I wore them every day from October to January. By January they had holes and were coming apart. I bought a pair of Dr Martin boots for 99$ USD. OOh, a bit pricey. A year on nearly, they are the same as the day I took them out of the box, and could easily last another 5 years easy. I spent 20 EUR initially, if I had replaced them from January to April, that would have cost another 20 euro and they would probably have been falling apart again. Another pair for this Winter, and I would be 60 quid down for boots that fall apart. Instead I learnt my lesson and bought a reliable brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

If it's not nailed to the ground rob it, if it's nailed to the ground?? Rob a hammer then ****in rob it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Here's a few things I do
    Bringing lunch is the obvious one, bring snacks as well so you don't get caught out you can make your own cereal bars.

I will be getting rid of my tv asap could save 36 euro a month over a year it adds up, you can watch whatever online especially with 3e, rte, channel 4 online. So I would pay for the internet I get a lot more out of it, job ops, entertainment, work stuff opposed to tv.. boo waste of the monies.

light candles, its romantic relaxing and cheap. Plus all the ladies will think your sensitive ;)

energy efficient lightbulbs
    listen to music on Grooveshark
    explore youtube
    avoid taxis unless it's going to be a life saver, save you a dodgy walk home or theres not other option
    buy a monthly bus ticket or better cycle.
    consider moving somewhere cheaper if possible as you probably moved into that place on a higher income than what youre expecting next year.
    don't turn the heating on at night unless its literally freezing, fuzzy hot water bottle and a good set of pjs

kick the habit of buying new clothes unless you need them, invest in two good pairs of shoes, formal/interview wear, weather appropriate clothing while you still have the funds.

Don't shop at convenience stores, plan your shopping and stick to the list

keep a budget ~(pain in the aras I know)
    turn the heat on periodically, avoid turning water heater on except for quick showers you can wash your hair and dishes with cold water (only use a bit of boiled water for grease and fill up your hot water bottle also)

Go to free events for entertainment or volunteer you'll find that you're not as bored so will be less tempted to putting funds in for entertainment

They are just things I do, look if this is your last year working there just be conscious of false economy spend the money now on things that will save you money in the long run, try to budget or be aware of spending and start looking at prices and oh i hate this phrase shop around, seriously Aldi's 39 cent fruit and veg offers, quality.

Its really hard for me to think what to cut back on when I don't spend a lot, I might budget for 400 but if I don't watch things that could easily go to 450,500 or even 600, last summer I spent a grand in one month.. meth is one hell of a crazy drug.

okay good luck bud!

Its not bad advice, but don't forget to SAVE the money you save from all that thriftiness. Dont leave it in your current account or you will spend it all on Amazon one late stormy night after a few glasses of Pinot Noir.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Nice lodgement to my bank account this week for back dated rent tax relief.

Anyone who has been paying rent for years like me and foolishly never got tax credits for it, get a request in ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Maedbhish

Never leave your laser card too close to a computer.. Dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Maedbhish

Never leave your laser card too close to a computer.. Dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

I've been very tempted to cut up my credit card over the last few days but can't bring myself to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Don't waste money on expensive ipods. Simply think of your favourite tune and hum it. If you want to "switch tracks", simply think of another song you like and hum that instead.

I do this if I forget my iPod on the mornings :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

when you are looking at flights online, and are returning to the same PC to book them the next day, delete the cookies and browsing history as the airline website can recognise a return visitor and the price will appear more expensive, or book the flight on a different pc.

I ran out of coloured printing ink for my inkjet printer one night lately, and I decided to experiment and refill the cartridge using food colouring, and it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Murder someone and go to prison for a good few years,free room,free food and free sex.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Archeron wrote: »
    A toothpick rammed up the arse of a dead centipede will make an inexpensive new mascara brush for your missus. Likewise a chopstick and a dead hedgehog makes a great new hairbrush.

Yes and save a fortune by reading viz tips on AH instead of buying the increasingly expensive and ever shrinking viz magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    When you need to have the heat on, just have it on for a half hour then off for a half hour and so on. The house won't be toasty but it will be at a comfortable temperature when you're going to work or whatever, and halves the amout of oil/gas/electricity you use.

that uses more energy. because the water you are heating cools when its turned off so uses extra energy to reheat it - my plumber told me that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Get a stackable set of steamer pots so you can cook your whole dinner on one gas ring/ hob.

for groceries you wouldnt buy in aldi/lidl always make sure and collect tesco/superquinn/dunnes points... tesco clubcard points can be converted to clubcard deals for 4 times the value on magazines, days out, irish ferries/stenaline.

use cashback websites like fatcheese.ie/cashbackireland.com/bethrifty.ie when shopping online.

always google for a voucher code when buying online.

price around for everything you need to buy and try to wait for sales if you need to buy something thats not urgent.

price utilites cost regularly, insurances, electric, gas, oil, to make sure you are getting the best possible price

go around your house and pick up items/clothes which you no longer use and sell them on ebay - wait for a special offer weekend when insertion fees are waived.

find out at work what extra's you are entitled to - eg vhi corporate discount, free use or discount on their products or services.

Martinsmoneysavingsexpert.co.uk is a uk website and their forums are great for ideas... its a great website in general - pity there wasnt an irish version of it.

Get rid of the credit card, littlewoods/oxendales/simply be accounts, store cards... ridiculous interest rates... if you need something pay for it straight away in an ordinary shop. there are plenty of prepaid credit cards and visa debit cards for internet shopping etc

stop buying newspapers and magazines, if something is that important you will hear about it and there are plenty of websites to get information on.

Clearout your car - carrying unnecessary weight uses more fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Get a peugeot 207 diesel, 104 road tax, spacious, nifty and unbelievable MPG I mean jaw dropping economy, I beginning to suspect someone is topping it up with diesel when I am in bed.

It actually feels like I have free motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

44leto wrote: »
    Get a peugeot 207 diesel, 104 road tax, spacious, nifty and unbelievable MPG I mean jaw dropping economy, I beginning to suspect someone is topping it up with diesel when I am in bed.

It actually feels like I have free motoring.

How do you manage this?! it went up to 160 i the Budget last year!!!! (Sorry i couldn't help it)

Might i counter suggest walking or even perhaps public transport!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement