Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question For Ladies

Options
  • 18-09-2008 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Just looking for a Ladies view on whether they prefer to be wanted or needed by a male when in a relationship or is it a combination of the two. Many Thanks Cruzzo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

cruzzo08 wrote: »
    Just looking for a Ladies view on whether they prefer to be wanted or needed by a male when in a relationship or is it a combination of the two. Many Thanks Cruzzo

Little bit of both i think! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Wanted as opposed to needed. It scares me when someone needs me. Maybe that's just me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 parnellie

to be honest i think alot of girls prefer a bit of an arrogant arsehole. treat em' mean , keep em' keen. or is that just me (but i really do think younger ladies prefer a bad ass):P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

l agree with Jemmy , a bit of both but equally ;)
    Wanted and Needed is nice as long as the needy part doesn't take over.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Wanted, absolutely. Needed would creep me out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

parnellie wrote: »
    (but i really do think younger ladies prefer a bad ass):P:P:P
    Wrong!

OP: Wanted (for some reason "needed" reminds me of someone being needy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

Both sure but wanted is better than being needed. When you say needed, it comes off as stalkerish.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

In the begining of a relationship being wanted would be what I want. I dont think that it is ever a good idea to need someone (maybe I am being cold hearted?)...having said that it has happened with me, both my husband and I want and need each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Wanted all the way!

For me, I think that a man who stands on his own two feet and is independantly successful (and don't mix that up with rich btw!) and wants to be with me is attractive in every way.

I think I see someone as 'needing' me as someone who is incapable of making their own decisions and leading their own life. I start to feel suffocated and that's not a good thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Wanted, but over time I think it's important to feel needed too, just not too needed, needy is not good.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

'Wanted' in a sexual sense.
    'Needed' to have fun.
    Loved above all of that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Wanted. Same that i'd want to have someone around, not need them to be around. Although it is nice to be needed, too much is scary and can end up going horribly wrong.

Hate clingy where you have to answer for your every breath you took without them being present and constantly reassure them. Grow a backbone ffs. Obviously this applies to both men and women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Ideally?

Desired enough to be wanted, and loved enough to be needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

i prefer to be wanted!!! :D
    But its nice to be needed at times if in a long term relationship you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

wanted, needed doesnt = love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

wanted, needed doesnt = love
    true but when in my experience your in love with someone you tend to need them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

AmyG wrote: »
    true but when in my experience your in love with someone you tend to need them...
    this is ture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

maple wrote: »
    Wanted. Same that i'd want to have someone around, not need them to be around. Although it is nice to be needed, too much is scary and can end up going horribly wrong.

Hate clingy where you have to answer for your every breath you took without them being present and constantly reassure them. Grow a backbone ffs. Obviously this applies to both men and women.

Maple - I always miss you when I read your posts. There's always so you! :)

As was said above, wanted at first then a combination of both. My OH needs me now (in a non clingy way) because he says without me he'd still be drifting and unsettled. I'm pretty sure he still wants me too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

want and need
    sounds like your luckey to have gf say the love word or leave her alone. ;)

Advertisement