Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiny Pokémon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Finally got a shiny! Transferred a Spinda from Ruby last night, went into Pal Park and stars were all over the gaff. Green spots! Now if only it were useful...
    Spr_4d_327_s.png

I'm not entirely sure it was shiny when I transferred it. It can't become shiny through Pal Park, can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Urizen wrote: »
    Finally got a shiny! Transferred a Spinda from Ruby last night, went into Pal Park and stars were all over the gaff. Green spots! Now if only it were useful...
    Spr_4d_327_s.png

I'm not entirely sure it was shiny when I transferred it. It can't become shiny through Pal Park, can it?
    First I've heard of Pal Park changing the hidden values, but I wouldn't complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I think it was shiny in ruby, but you mightnt have noticed. I dont think pal park can change it to a shiny

wobbles wrote: »
    I think it was shiny in ruby, but you mightnt have noticed. I dont think pal park can change it to a shiny

That's what I was thinking too. Ah well. Glad I picked that one so, I had 4... I don't know why tbh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

I'm so terrified that I'll encounter a shiny magikarp when im EV training :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

popzmaster wrote: »
    I'm so terrified that I'll encounter a shiny magikarp when im EV training :P

why? just catch it. it wont affect EVs

Yea i know that its just that if the first shiny i ever encounter in like 9 years of playing is something that you eventually get through the storyline I'll be marginally upset to say the least :p i could always keep it as a magikarp but still...you get my drift

I used the masuda method to get a shiny magikarp despite having its evolution. I just wanted to get the pair

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

Well I don't hve the shiny pair but I do have both of them with french pokedex entries :cool:[

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Spr_4p_469_s.png

Spr_4h_042_m_s.png
    Got these through tradez a while back. They're legit, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Spr_4p_469_s.pngSpr_4h_042_m_s.png
    Fixed.

ah thought it was just me that couldnt see them. Ive got a shiny zubat i got on emerald. Shiny crowbat is awesome looking

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Ah, sorry about that guys. Dunno what happened. I can't even see them myself. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

just picked up another shiny off the gts, pity its a garchomp and looks no different :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

At last, a first shiny in HG - a Growlithe. She's hot and over dressed, but I couldn't name her after Jean Byrne... Anyway, hurray for me.

epic win my friend congratulations im *still* waiting for my first wild shiny... It'll probably be my BW starter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Banjo wrote: »
    At last, a first shiny in HG - a Growlithe. She's hot and over dressed, but I couldn't name her after Jean Byrne... Anyway, hurray for me.

Congratulations!! I love my Growlithe... soon-to-be Arcanine I hope :)

Does anyone know if soft resetting can damage either the DS cart or the older GBA carts? I'm sure I've asked but I've checked and I can't find the answer online. It's flippin impossible to SR on a DS anyway! Might try and get a Shiny Hoenn starter and work my way through the game :) So long as those clock problems don't show up...

When i was trying to get my shiny charmander, i used the masuda method. Took a lot of eggs getting hatched but i just threw them into my pokemon ranch to make up numbers to get the mew.

Not sure about the question about damaging the cart. Id say it would be ok but i wouldnt try it with hard reseting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Oh i'd kill for a Shiny Growlithe :/ I used to have an EV trained Arcanine, he was awesome, oh lord i miss him. DAMN YOU THREAD ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I've seen 99% of the new Pokémon now so my self-imposed spoiler exile is nearly over, but I just had to come on to say I caught a shiny Vullaby yesterday :)

• Advertisement

elekid wrote: »
    I've seen 99% of the new Pokémon now so my self-imposed spoiler exile is nearly over, but I just had to come on to say I caught a shiny Vullaby yesterday :)

The second BW shiny of Boards! Congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

What I wouldn't do for a shiney emboar!

What I wouldn't do for a shiney emboar!
    *cough*gotshinyTepigonGTSandcanclone*cough*

^^ have i mentioned how you're my favourite poster in this whole forum???

^^ have i mentioned how you're my favourite poster in this whole forum???

I thought we had something special... *sobs*

Ran into a shiny Sawk today. Caught. But looks almost identical. Boo urns.

We did....but my god man think of the beard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Wow, just caught a shiny cresselia in platinum!! :O .. thats my(own) second shiny, ^_^. and a running legendary!, I'm shocked =D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

has anyone else noticed shinys more common in black and white, i have found 2 shinys in the last 2 days on my pokemon black(cubchoo and swellow(green white and orange))

I think it might be something about the shaking patches. My Sawk and my brand new shiny Basculin were caught in shaking grass/ dark pools respectively.

Oh and yeah, blue stripe Basculin shiny. It's a slightly different shade of green. Laaaaame. But still, shiny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

well actually i found my 2 in random encounters

Advertisement