Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it OK to freeze cooked turkey?

Options
  • 19-01-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

OK, I think it is OK to freeze cooked turkey, but once you freeze it, do you have to let it defrost, or can you microwave it? What I would like to do is cook my meals for the week in advance, and microwave them when I need them. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭therealme

Cook it, let it cool and freeze it.

When you want to eat it, take it out of the freezer the night before and allow to defrost. If you microwave it to reheat - which you can it will dry it out. If you are reheating in microwave, cover with cling film while reheating.

I prefer to heat oven, wrap turkey in tinfoil, put it in an ovenproof dish with some water around the tinfoil and leave to heat, it will taste much nicer - wont dry out in oven.

Hth.

Advertisement