Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chicory root alternative coffee

Options
  • 15-04-2014 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Going through one of those periods of my life where i want to cut down on coffee and caffeine in general. Someone recommended a coffee alternative made from chicory root. So i was down to one or two cups of tea daily in any case. After drinking the chicory for two weeks, i started to get headaches which subsided to be left with something akin to sinus or symptoms which i experienced years ago when i stopped drinking tea/coffee altogether. I know caffeine contracts blood vessels but does chicory do the opposite? Is this what is happening in my case or some allergic reaction? Sorry i forgot to add i am still drinking one cup of tea or a glass of coke daily?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Maximilian Cope

Other alternatives it's the roasted barley, but, unfortunately, it's very hard to find in Ireland. Probably you will find in a polish grocery store. Otherwise try to ask in a italian store.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tom75

Hi,
    Chicory coffee (INKA), very tasty and very common in Poland.
    You should find it in every Polish shop in Ireland - powder (like standard coffee), or in bags (like a tea).

w w w .google. ie/search?q=kawa+inka&client=opera&hs=sDr&channel=suggest&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=TwfIU4asAqr17AbNiIDwBA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1333&bih=602

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Polish shops have this for sure. My other half is Polish and drinks it.

Inka is the brand he uses - as mentioned above.

Advertisement