Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to eat eggs when I don't like them?

Options
  • 15-04-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Not for me but for a friend. Needs to up the protein intake (exercise & muscle) and eggs have been recommended. What can be made from eggs for someone who doesn't really like them?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Not for me but for a friend. Needs to up the protein intake (exercise & muscle) and eggs have been recommended. What can be made from eggs for someone who doesn't really like them?!

I eat an enormous amount of eggs because I like them and how I feel after eating them.

If I was your friend I'd listen to my body! Maybe he doesn't like them for a reason.

Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Make a breakfast/lunch wrap. Just dice up some veg (brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, whatever else you like) and fry the veg for 5 mins. Add in an egg white or 2 and mix around while cooking. Line a wrap with 2 cooked turkey rashers, put your vegetable/egg mix on the wrap, fold up and enjoy. Absolutely delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

He doesn't like broccoli or cauliflower. I told him to eat hardboiled ones like an apple, they'd be gone in 3 bites but don't think he's keen.
    Are there 'egg muffins' you could make which might disguise the taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Paleo pancake. Two eggs and a banana into a blender with a pinch of cinnamon. Pour onto a hot frying pan with a little oil/butter for 5 mins (or however long it takes for the mixture to harden on the bottom side) and flip it, fry for a further 2 mins and serve. Doesn't taste of egg or banana.

Sounds good Lord and possibly just what he's looking for. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

Coconut flour pancakes and coconut flour bread area good way. Loads of recipes for them on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Just don't eat eggs, there are plenty of other protein sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Same way I eat fish even though I don't like it.
    I just don't eat fish. I eat other stuff instead.

Okay so any other HELPFUL replies unlike the last 2? :-)
    Stating the obvious is really annoying.
    At least if you are going to appear to be helpful with your 'don't eat eggs then' approach SUGGEST alternatives :-)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

At least if you are going to appear to be helpful with your 'don't eat eggs then' approach SUGGEST alternatives :-)

It was a valid response.. I see people forcing down cottage cheese nearly gagging.. "But its a good source of protein"

Nutrition is about sustainability if you are tricking yourself into eating eggs you wont keep it up

Why not eat a packet of ham? €1.50 for a convenient 20g of protein
    Same with packets of cooked chicken / roast beef
    Milk (if you can afford the carbs / fat)

One of the most convenient and affordable protein sources is whey, pick a flavour you like and supplement your diet.

You could also just have larger portions of meat with each meal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Could he scramble them and cover them in ketchup? I do it.

He has whey also for shakes.

Sustainability is of course important but surely there is a way of eating them without the typical egg taste,which is what Im looking for. So the suggestions of blending them with a banana was a good one.
    Eat somethin else isn't. Especially when a suggestion isn't made!

Plus you never know,he might get to like them!

Aren't there lots of additives etc in pre packed ham? Not really the best suggestion I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tin of tuna. Handy and more protein.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Aren't there lots of additives etc in pre packed ham? Not really the best suggestion I would say.

I have not died yet...

Buy decent ham, not the plastic wafer thin stuff

He has whey also for shakes.

Sustainability is of course important but surely there is a way of eating them without the typical egg taste,which is what Im looking for. So the suggestions of blending them with a banana was a good one.
    Eat somethin else isn't. Especially when a suggestion isn't made!

Plus you never know,he might get to like them!

What's the point of eating eggs if you do not like them? Eat something else. Its not like protein is hard to find.

What's the point of eating eggs if you do not like them? Eat something else. Its not like protein is hard to find.
    Cheap
    Easy to prepare
    Not a lot of eating involved
    handy to grab and go

Anyway think I've got my answers!

Cheap
    Easy to prepare
    Not a lot of eating involved
    handy to grab and go

Anyway think I've got my answers!

You can say that about a lot of portion sources though and also add the important point : tasty. Diets should be sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Seriously. You thought your question needs a response other than don't eat eggs?
    No food is mandatory. If you don't like something don't eat it. It's not complicated my dog can even figure it out.

Just eat something else. Here's a suggestion try something you do like.

Don't choke down food you dislike simply cos it has 7 grams of protein .

There are literally thousands of protein sources on the planet and literally millions of healthy people who have never eaten eggs. Try fish. It's also brain food.

Either that or hold your nose and swallow

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Have Easter eggs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I kind of understand where the OP is coming from, because I have always despised eggs, yet EVERY article I've ever read or anyone I've ever talked to about increasing protein (primarily for weight training) has said eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs!

And when I say every article, I really do mean every article. They made eggs out to be mandatory.

So I really felt like I had to start eating eggs if I wanted to train.

That's probably where the OP's friend is coming from.

Luckily for me I got over my hatred of eggs and started eating them as omelettes.

whirlpool wrote: »
    I kind of understand where the OP is coming from, because I have always despised eggs, yet EVERY article I've ever read or anyone I've ever talked to about increasing protein (primarily for weight training) has said eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs!

And when I say every article, I really do mean every article. They made eggs out to be mandatory.

Luckily for me I got over my hatred of eggs and started eating them as omelettes.

Thank you, yes, you're on the ball!
    Omelettes could be a good one yes, and he has suggested he 'try' a piece next time I'm making one (I sometimes have them for dinner). Eggs are also 'small' in quantity but great for protein - I've had hardboiled ones and just peeled & eaten them before, great as a snack! But I couldn't eat them in the morning - can't handle the smell that early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

conzy wrote: »
    I have not died yet...

Buy decent ham, not the plastic wafer thin stuff

Decent as in "€1.50 for a convenient 20g of protein"

Meat that is this cheap is muck

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Just don't eat eggs, there are plenty of other protein sources.

Hi, sorry to hijack the thread. What would be good alternatives to eggs? I cannot stand eggs at all, to the point if someone is eating one I am tempted to leave the room! What would be good protein alternatives to eggs because alot of diets and plans feature eggs. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I have been in the same boat. Recently my housemate made banana pancakes. I was dubious at first but can honestly say I cannot taste eggs in them and they are delish and filling!!

Two eggs, a banana or two, some rice flour(its gluten free) and some cinnamon. If I have it I will also throw in some walnuts or coconut flakes.

5 mins on the pan and I have a super delish snack in the morn.

Try one OP and see what you think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Hi, sorry to hijack the thread. What would be good alternatives to eggs? I cannot stand eggs at all, to the point if someone is eating one I am tempted to leave the room! What would be good protein alternatives to eggs because alot of diets and plans feature eggs. Thanks.

Meat.
    Fish.

frag420 wrote: »
    I have been in the same boat. Recently my housemate made banana pancakes. I was dubious at first but can honestly say I cannot taste eggs in them and they are delish and filling!!

Two eggs, a banana or two, some rice flour(its gluten free) and some cinnamon. If I have it I will also throw in some walnuts or coconut flakes.

5 mins on the pan and I have a super delish snack in the morn.

Try one OP and see what you think!!

Soemone else suggested something similar to those here, and I still haven't gotten around to making one. Tomorrow morning, I will, or maybe later for lunch, if there's eggs, and I will let you know. They do sound lovely! :D

JIdontknow wrote: »

Meat (beef, chicken), fish (salmon, tuna), dairy (milk, cheese, greek yoghurt).

whirlpool wrote: »

A lot of them mention tuna as a good source and very handy, but i don't like tuna so i don't eat it. They mention eggs because they are a good source and are quick and eat to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

2 to 4 eggs
    1 banana
    blend/mix

Some great tasting and healthy pancakes are the result.

Advertisement