Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

22% body fat not losing weight

• 14-04-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Ive been weight training with a PT 2/3 times a week now for the past 3 months I've drastically cut back my eating habits and gone on a low carb high protein diet i was 28% body fat when i started and 16.7 stone I'm 6ft 1 and 32yo. today I'm down to 22% body fat. prob is i don't seem to be going down much on the scales I'm 15.5 stone but doesn't seem to be shifting. can anyone recommend any diet for me as i said Ive really increased my protein intake and still no shift in weight.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

If your lifting weights you will have gained some muscle too so your net loss for 3 months is good and sustainable.

If you need advise here I'd question why you are paying a PT never less post your current diet and you will get some pointers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

siochain wrote: »
    If your lifting weights you will have gained some muscle too so your net loss for 3 months is good and sustainable.

If you need advise here I'd question why you are paying a PT never less post your current diet and you will get some pointers here.

PT says my diet is fine but with summer fast approaching i want to be down more.

typical day diet would consist of

morning two scoops protein powder chia seeds and half cup of oats

snack handful of blueberries spoon of almond butter

lunch chicken breast or two turkey burgers with salad in wholemeal pitta

snack two scoops protein powder an apple or fage total 0 % greek yogurt

dinner chicken breast and spinach always lean protein and green veg

before bed casein powder or shake with almond milk

2 liters water a day and few cups of tea with low fat milk

supplements krill oil capsules

thats it really or variations some lunch times ill have think steak strips in salad wholemeal pitta and some mornings ill have 5 egg whites one whole egg and two slices of mccambridges brown bread with almond butter on. i cook most things in coconut oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wouldn't worry about the scales. You've lost an envious amount of body fat % so as long as that keeps reducing then you're fine IMO.
    Well done by the way, that's very impressive.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about the scales. You've lost an envious amount of body fat % so as long as that keeps reducing then you're fine IMO.
    Well done by the way, that's very impressive.

thanks, just need to get the fat off sick of having the belly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

smyths wrote: »
    PT says my diet is fine but with summer fast approaching i want to be down more.

typical day diet would consist of

morning two scoops protein powder chia seeds and half cup of oats

snack handful of blueberries spoon of almond butter

lunch chicken breast or two turkey burgers with salad in wholemeal pitta

snack two scoops protein powder apple

dinner chicken breast and spinach always lean protein and green veg

before bed casein powder or shake with almond milk

2 liters water a day and few cups of tea with low fat milk

supplements krill oil capsules

thats it really or variations some lunch times ill have think steak strips in salad wholemeal pitta and some mornings ill have 5 egg whites one whole egg and two slices of mccambridges brown bread with almond butter on. i cook most things in coconut oil

That seems spot on but maybe someone with a bit more knowledge might be able to make a few extra pointers. I wish I could organise myself enough to eat like that !!

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That seems spot on but maybe someone with a bit more knowledge might be able to make a few extra pointers. I wish I could organise myself enough to eat like that !!

thanks just sheer determination! thats why I'm so frustrated as i don't really deviate from that at all no alcohol at weekends or anything

If you aren't loosing weigh just starting eating less. Look online for a tdee calorie counter and see what your bmr is and eat less than that amount, it's not rocket science.

Are you counting the calories in absolutely everything you eat? Are you weighing it on a digital scale?
    Boiling or grilling your food?

It is simply impossible that if you eat less calories than your body needs you will not lose weight.

Straight off I would lose the extra protein scoop. That's 100 calories you don't need, Almond butter is calories you don't need.

Do this for a week and see if you lose weight, around 1500 cal guess

Breakfast - 4 30g scoops of oats mixed in a protein shake with 1 scoop and water

Lunch 1.5 chicken breast grilled and a pepper

Dinner 1.5 chicken breast 1 sweet potatoe and broccoli

Edit I see you have another shake before bed, loose that aswell

Between almond milk and the ridiculous 5 scoops of protein that about 700 calories mostly in supplements. I doubt an amateur bodybuilder would have 5 scoops of protein a day.

Also drink 3 x more water than you do, 6 litres

If you aren't loosing weigh just starting eating less. Look online for a tdee calorie counter and see what your bmr is and eat less than that amount, it's not rocket science.

Are you counting the calories in absolutely everything you eat? Are you weighing it on a digital scale?
    Boiling or grilling your food?

It is simply impossible that if you eat less calories than your body needs you will not lose weight.

Straight off I would lose the extra protein scoop. That's 100 calories you don't need, Almond butter is calories you don't need.

Do this for a week and see if you lose weight, around 1500 cal guess

Breakfast - 4 30g scoops of oats mixed in a protein shake with 1 scoop and water

Lunch 1.5 chicken breast grilled and a pepper

Dinner 1.5 chicken breast 1 sweet potatoe and broccoli

Edit I see you have another shake before bed, loose that aswell

Between almond milk and the ridiculous 5 scoops of protein that about 700 calories mostly in supplements. I doubt an amateur bodybuilder would have 5 scoops of protein a day.

cheers for that! gonna try the tdee for this week as i haven't been counting calories at all, and ill give that plan above a go. i fry the food in coconut oil mostly

smyths wrote: »
    cheers for that! gonna try the tdee for this week as i haven't been counting calories at all, and ill give that plan above a go. i fry the food in coconut oil mostly

If you haven't been counting the calories there is your problem.

Is coconut oil expensive? If it is buy rapeseed oil instead and get one of those measuring spoons and make sure to count the exact calories of the oil. It's usually 50-100 cals depending on how much you use

Good luck man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you can get coconut oil for 6 euro for 500ml in supervalu/dunnes, the cocowel stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

you can get coconut oil for 6 euro for 500ml in supervalu/dunnes, the cocowel stuff.

Try bulkpowders.ie they have a good selection of oils and butters as well as protein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You'd probably get it cheaper in an asian shop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah my flatmate got some ktc stuff cheaper in an asian shop in dublin. the cocowel stuff tastes more coconutty though

Advertisement