Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLA Suppliments

Options
  • 11-04-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Rather than resurrect a zombie thread I said I'd start a new one on the topic of CLA supplements.

I've been looking into my diet and fitness regime and I've started to look after myself more while training the past two weeks or so. CLA supplements are something I've come across and I'm just wondering if anybody on here would recommend them? I've seen reviews state that once you stop using them, gains are immediately lost, they can leave you dehydrated etc. so would like to hear some more about them from posters here.

I'm 6ft and weigh 78kg so I'm not overweight, what I'm looking to do is tone up. I've spent the past few weeks doing sets of 15-20 with light weights, eating healthy - using coconut oil, taking protein, getting cardio from playing gaelic football etc. but in the coming weeks I'm looking to move towards sets of 8 in order to tone.

I'm wondering if CLA supplements will aid me in doing this or would they be overkill seeing as I'm not overweight - I'm just looking to tone up as much as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Don't bother your hole. You don't need it, unless you want to lose weight from your wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

How come you are lifting light weights? If you aren't injured you're only wasting your time with high reps/low weights in my (admittedly unprofessional) opinion.

When people say 'toned' they usually mean they want to get leaner with visable muscles. You do this by addressing your diet and lifting heavy things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Don't bother your hole. You don't need it, unless you want to lose weight from your wallet.

Cool, cheers for the heads up
    How come you are lifting light weights? If you aren't injured you're only wasting your time with high reps/low weights in my (admittedly unprofessional) opinion.

When people say 'toned' they usually mean they want to get leaner with visable muscles. You do this by addressing your diet and lifting heavy things :D

I'm lifting light weights for muscle stamina. If you want to tone you do heavier weights with 8-12 reps, if you want strength/bulk then you do heavier weights again with 4-6 reps

I've been doing pre-season & stamina workouts, now that it's heading into the business end of the season I want to tone and I'm getting my diet in order to compliment that, just wanted to know if CLA would help with losing a bit of additional weight and tone more

Advertisement