Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freezing - Fruit and Veg Juices?

• 03-01-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone freeze their own juices, I want to make juices to do me a week in the one batch rather than doing them every day, there'll be things like spurlina and superfood in the juices. Any tips welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I have a centrifugal juicer that I use to make juice for smoothies etc and I have frozen the smoothies with acidophilus and wheatgrass powder in them and all was ok. I imagine it's not much different to freezing soup tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭pipster

You may not have to freeze them as they will last for a few days, see article

http://nutrition.about.com/od/askyournutritionist/f/cutveg.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I suppose doing it in batches and freezing is better than actually *not* juicing at all?

I've read the articles saying the goodness is gone from the veg and fruit but in my view its better than having to juice every day which isn't really doable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Acutally now that i think of it , all these companies that sell the 3 day detox and juices, surely they aren't fresh, if they are produced a week (minimum) before the are consumed and they still 'work'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Frozen fruit juices sounds like ice pops. Ice pops are nice.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Frozen fruit juices sounds like ice pops. Ice pops are nice.

Tesco sell frozen valencia orange juice ice pops made with OJ and nothing else. They are nommy.

Advertisement