Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Separate threads for film & TV
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    You sure? I've been searching but don't see it

Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey... is anyway I watched it last night unless it was taken down today.

It's also on US, Canada & New Zealand.

Best Worst Movie was also there about a month ago. Just checked and it not on Netflix anymore it's on Hulu.

http://www.moreflicks.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Team America on Irish Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

fin12 wrote: »
    Team America on Irish Netflix.

F*CK YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

great. in the two hours since that witty post, I've had that theme song stuck in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The Imitation Game, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and The Gambler (2014) added to Canada!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

French cop drama show Spiral series 1-4 is back. On USA Flix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ageyev wrote: »

Went looking for that elsewhere, with no success, so excellent news thanks.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice one, I watched until the end of season 2 on the irish one before they took it down. Really good show though I didn't think too much of it at first, improves a good bit in season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Scream season 1 added to Netflix Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Was going to but the DVDS of ebay at some stage because the 4th season was the only one available. Makes for good news Netflix finally has 1-4.

• Advertisement

A sad sad day. The Office US has been removed.

A sad sad day. The Office US has been removed.

Still on the US netflix. Seems to be gone from the other regions it was on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

coming to irish netflix this month

Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa – 3rd October

What We Do in the Shadows – 10th October

The Pirates! Band of Misfits – 10th October

Homeland: Season 4 – 12th October

Airheads - 14th October

Beasts of No Nation – 16th October

American Horror Story: Freak Show – 21st October

Hemlock Grove: Season 3 – 23rd October

Saving Mr. Banks – 24th October

Capitalism: A Love Story – 28th October

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

peteeeed wrote:
    The Pirates! Band of Misfits – 10th October

Brilliant film.
    peteeeed wrote:
    What We Do in the Shadows – 10th October

peteeeed wrote:
    Saving Mr. Banks – 24th October

These two are going straight on my list

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Just watched " the suicide theory" on netflix.

Great film with many twists and surprise ending.

Aussie film well worth watching without reading the movie plot.

Great performances from the two leading guys :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

I never saw Mr. Banks so I'll give thst a look. Wasn't impressed with Homeland S4. Hemlock Grove s rubbish but so bad it's good kinda rubbish so I'll give that a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Mr. Banks is worth a look, but you can tell its Disneyised to make Walt and Co look better, though it also makes Travers look like a sympathetic character

Mr. Banks is worth a look, but you can tell its Disneyised to make Walt and Co look better, though it also makes Travers look like a sympathetic character

Afaik she wasn't even invied to the premiere but showed up and invited herself!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just watched " the suicide theory" on netflix.

Great film with many twists and surprise ending.

Aussie film well worth watching without reading the movie plot.

Great performances from the two leading guys :)

Not on Irish Netflix....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The Battered Bastards of Baseball on US Netflix is a great watch. Its a documentary about Bing Russell (Kurt Russell's Dad) and his few years as the owner of the only independent Baseball team (at the time) in the 70's. I'm not a massive baseball fan but its just an interesting story I'd never come across before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Ex Machina and It Follows to be added to Netflix Canada on the 19th of this month. I was just asking about them on this thread last week :D............ well according to this list however reliable http://netflixlife.com/2015/09/30/whats-new-on-netflix-canada-in-october-2015/

I never saw Mr. Banks so I'll give thst a look. Wasn't impressed with Homeland S4. Hemlock Grove s rubbish but so bad it's good kinda rubbish so I'll give that a look.

Ya saving Mr Banks is pretty good, nice story. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Scream season 1 added to Netflix Ireland.

I'd this any good?

The animation Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron added to Irish Netflix. I think that's a lovely film and Bryan Adams singing in the soundtrack. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What device do people use for Netflix? It seems very hard to purchase streaming boxes in shops here. Lots of the usual places had bluray players that were "smart (ethernet required)" or "wi-fi (dongle required)". I use a games console but was in Dublin city centre today trying to purchase a box for streaming Netflix and it's like trying to buy hen's teeth :confused:

What device do people use for Netflix? It seems very hard to purchase streaming boxes in shops here. Lots of the usual places had bluray players that were "smart (ethernet required)" or "wi-fi (dongle required)". I use a games console but was in Dublin city centre today trying to purchase a box for streaming Netflix and it's like trying to buy hen's teeth :confused:

I just use my laptop and android tablet. I think I can use it on my ipod touch too.

I've never heard of streaming boxes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As far as I know there's a transition between the new and old models of Chromecast at the moment, which might explain their absence on retail shelves (although they were sold out everywhere last Christmas too). But the CC is probably the best streaming bet for the price. I don't really use the one in the house over consoles, but it definitely does its job without much in the way of pain or hassle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭You Mirin?

Does the new Chromecast do 1080p video on Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Amazon Fire box/stick shipped to a parcel motel address (as they won't ship it here).

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    I just use my laptop and android tablet. I think I can use it on my ipod touch too.

I've never heard of streaming boxes.

Weird, they must not be popular here due to the limited services. The Roku box is popular elsewhere but a lot of the subscription channels are based in the US. You can get BBC iPlayer on streaming boxes but again, limited to a UK address. Amazon Prime isn't available in Ireland officially afaik.

I've never seen a Chromecast for sale in a shop here :confused:

I managed to buy a blu-ray player with built-in WiFi and Netflix app but had to visit several shops to eventually find one (€100 in Power City).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement