Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 16th oct

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I wonder do the boys realised how much they have dropped the ball... (I'd say even the Saracens lad feels sorry for them)... This was a great opportunity to promote the show, and they've just come across as juvenile, coarse, idiots..

Why would they, when the same ****e got them their own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Tryhards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ah deadly.. love KT's good songs..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is she actually singing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Take it easy on them, i think there good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

ah deadly.. love KT's good songs..

Me too......poor girl though, following that s****

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

They were definitely trying too hard, but it was probably their first time doing a show like that in fairness. I don't think they should have went on 'in character', but just be themselves, have the craic and chat about the show. They're after making a HAMES of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

I wonder do the boys realised how much they have dropped the ball... (I'd say even the Saracens lad feels sorry for them)... This was a great opportunity to promote the show, and they've just come across as juvenile, coarse, idiots..

I would like to apologise on behalf of Mayo people for them eejits, we are not actually like that, I swear.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

i love the way people from mayo are so detached from the rest of the country that they can come on this prime time tv show on this god awful RTE and just make it a complete shambolic mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

hardy bucks my hole .they are crap.very bad:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Yeah, if they'd only done the "in character" bit for a minute or two, ideally with half a clue what they were going to say, and then the rest of the interview was an actually plug of the show they'd have gone down much better, I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

I would like to apologise on behalf of Mayo people for them eejits, we are not actually like that, I swear.

Between those guys and Enda Kenny ye have a lot to apologise for. UP MAYO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

They were definitely trying too hard, but it was probably their first time doing a show like that in fairness. I don't think they should have went on 'in character', but just be themselves, have the craic and chat about the show. They're after making a HAMES of it!!

Totally agree. Doubt they made any new fans tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

the ginger is english isnt he? thats just an accent he puts on no

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Between those guys and Enda Kenny ye have a lot to apologise for. UP MAYO!!!

Ehhhh.. what about Beverly (Cooper or no Cooper) Flynn... You have more to apologize for than you think ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

twincamman wrote: »
    hardy bucks my hole .they are crap.very bad:mad:
    More that have watched the hardybucks would disagree with you .
    For my money better than the penny grabbing Ivan the wanabee mrs Ireland anf the pig in a wig and who would disagree? Not saying that I thought the bucks were good or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Well in Limerick we have Pat Shortt and Willie O Dea so it's a close call.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

I'm actually a big fan of the bucks(well maybe not last week's show, but that has potential-hopefully) so I'm not trying to diss them altogether, but they really misjudged the tone of the show... actually I don't know what kind of chat show that would have been alright for! Maybe an audience with Katherine Lynch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Now this is how to do a in character interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLztJeuN8Os&feature=related

And in Kildare we're responsible for (adopted) Eddie Hobbs, who lives in Athgarvan.. I know his brother Bill ... and new FF renegade Sean Power... and Philip Lynch :P ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

edit..

i'm not admitting to anything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

I'm actually a big fan of the bucks(well maybe not last week's show, but that has potential-hopefully) so I'm not trying to diss them altogether, but they really misjudged the tone of the show... actually I don't know what kind of chat show that would have been alright for! Maybe an audience with Katherine Lynch?

Now there's a thought.........a vomit-inducing one, but a thought all the same:(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conamara

Was in the audience for this last night. Have to say the show was good, Brendan was sound and it was a bit of craic. Two things that i was let down by were The Hardy Bucks were pure muck. Shameful and cringeworthy, no defending them. They took things too far and came across as fools. From what i could see most people were cringing at them and some people were very angry at them glorifying wreckless driving. On another note i was more then p---ed that we got no audience prize!! :eek: :p Typical, first show in the series to not give out anything!! What luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You do know that they're taking the p*ss don't you? No need to go apologising on "behalf of Mayo people".

Do people from Dublin come on here apologising every time someone from Dublin does a bad interview on TV?

Of course not and they shouldn't.

Acting as if these lads are the only ambassadors for Mayo in the public eye and represent the county as a whole and need to be apologised for if they act the eejit is, frankly, embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

conamara wrote: »
    Was in the audience for this last night.

I thought the show was pre-recorded during the week? Or maybe I'm thinking of Craig Doyles show during the Summer...

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You do know that they're taking the p*ss don't you? No need to go apologising on "behalf of Mayo people".

Do people from Dublin come on here apologising every time someone from Dublin does a bad interview on TV?

Of course not and they shouldn't.

Acting as if these lads are the only ambassadors for Mayo in the public eye and represent the county as a whole and need to be apologised for if they act the eejit is, frankly, embarrassing.

I refer you to above posts re Enda Kenny and Beverly Flynn, Nuff said :D

I refer you to above posts re Enda Kenny and Beverly Flynn, Nuff said :D

You shouldn't apologise for them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

jaysus are all the people of mayo like these Hardy Bucks?

johnn wrote: »

Yes. Every single person from Mayo is exactly like that.

:)

• Advertisement

johnn wrote: »

More than you'd think!!

Advertisement