Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Sebastian Vettel's finger salute when he wins. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Price stickers on books, and still worse... Price stickers on books that don't come off in one piece. Swaretagad, I spent 15 minutes picking one off the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

bobbygrant wrote: »
    people using 'was like' or 'went' too much instead of 'said'.

I was in the room when my mother was on the phone last night and was wishing she'd use something else instead of said. What I heard was something like this:

She said they come in sometimes and can't afford to pay and she said they will pay eventually but she said it might be ages and I said well that's not much good to you now is it and she said no it isn't but she said she doesn't want to lose the custom and I said I suppose that's true too.

AGHHHHH!

I suppose it was a trivial thing that quite annoyed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Nobody ever asks men :mad:

Every once in a while my ma just says "27 is the optimal age to have a child" for no reason. More and more frequently the nearer I get to 27.

The amount of people who say things like "Would you not give your child a brother or a sister? Would he not like to have someone to play with?".

My own mother's the worst -

"Are you having trouble with your little swimmers?"

Jesus fcuking Christ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Czarcasm wrote: »
    The amount of people who say things like "Would you not give your child a brother or a sister? Would he not like to have someone to play with?".

My own mother's the worst -

"Are you having trouble with your little swimmers?"

Jesus fcuking Christ :(

My poor friend gets that all the time from her family, she's 25 year old single mother who gets €25 a week off the dad, works a couple of days a week even though financially it wouldn't make a difference if she took the full dole to give the wee lad a good example, takes no money off her parents, and then her family start giving her grief for being too "selfish" to have another kid. what the f like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

My poor friend gets that all the time from her family, she's 25 year old single mother who gets €25 a week off the dad, works a couple of days a week even though financially it wouldn't make a difference if she took the full dole to give the wee lad a good example, takes no money off her parents, and then her family start giving her grief for being too "selfish" to have another kid. what the f like?

Jesus facking christ. If she did have another while still single, she'd be getting grief from other quarters. Poor woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

When you're on a bus or plane with high backed seats and some auld bitch hangs their jacket off the back of your seat it so it's touching your hair... ARRRRRRRRGH!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pubic hair stuck under foreskin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Pubic hair stuck under foreskin.

Yours? or belonging to someone else.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

When you pull the trigger and get a click rather than a bang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

kowloon wrote: »
    When you pull the trigger and get a click rather than a bang.

Damn Hollywood.

When you are trying to peel a price sticker off an item you just bought and your thumbnail/fingernail bends just a little.... it feels like someone has pulled it off with a pair of old rusty pliers. So price label stickers are a trivial annoyance to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

thank God

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Im sure its been said loads but, people out shopping in general drives me crazy! esp in shopping centres but overall really. They stop suddenly right in the middle of the aisle, shopping centre or on the street to talk to someone. or they just walk really slow but you cant quite get by them because theres another slowie coming your way and youre trying to duck through but no, aggghhh, annoying! just move along people, or at least stand in out of the way of everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Price stickers on books, and still worse... Price stickers on books that don't come off in one piece. Swaretagad, I spent 15 minutes picking one off the other day.

Those security stickers they put on the three sides of any game you buy from Game. The ones that don't come off in one section, and you have to find an edge at least 3 times per sticker:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

People who say "yolo".... If you are about to jump out of a plane its just about forgivable. But saying it because youre going to have an extra spoon of sugar in your coffee should earn you a slap of a wet fish.

Actually saying "hashtag" before a descriptive in real life should warrant severe beatings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    thank God

Welcome aboard Oldie,

When those little hinges on the CD case break off :mad:

Oh and Passat and Bora drivers. :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sirbob

People who stand out on the road at pedestrian by a junction crossings waiting on the lights to change :mad:

would anyone really mind if i ran over there foot with the back wheel of my van they shouldn't have been there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Garzard

The radio keeps going static whenever I walk into the room. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Ahh bollocks! Went all the way back out to the office to get my laptop, got the laptop, had a niggling feeling I was forgetting something... "Nah, it's grand, I have everything", got home, went to plug in the laptop...

Forgot to plug out the power adapter for the laptop and left it behind me in the office... have to go back out again! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

On the train home and there's a woman near me with an old Samsung phone deleting what seem to be hundreds of text messages or something. After each one, there's a little beep thing of confirmation.

I swear to god, I'm this close to grabbing the phone off her and throwing it out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

snowgal wrote: »
    Im sure its been said loads but, people out shopping in general drives me crazy! esp in shopping centres but overall really. They stop suddenly right in the middle of the aisle, shopping centre or on the street to talk to someone. or they just walk really slow but you cant quite get by them because theres another slowie coming your way and youre trying to duck through but no, aggghhh, annoying! just move along people, or at least stand in out of the way of everyone!

People who stand in shop doorways or any doorways really, take pubs for example, oh I'll just stand here and light my cigarette and pollute the people trying to pass by me as well as block their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lordy Lordy, Fred's 40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I warned everyone I know last year not to do any of that stuff, my brother was going to put one of those childhood photos in the local rag. I took the opposite route of 40th birthdays and did nothing for it. I wouldn't even let my husband take the day off work, I know, I should have given the long suffering chap the day off work, but I was depressed. I even had a little weep:o, I never do crying.

I got a fantastic watch and a fabulous designer handbag as well as lots of goodies out of it though, might as well get something decent for turning 40. Be glad to be 41 next week, as mad as it sounds, it won't be as traumatic as turning 40 was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

People who say "yolo".... If you are about to jump out of a plane its just about forgivable. But saying it because youre going to have an extra spoon of sugar in your coffee should earn you a slap of a wet fish.

"Yolo" is never, ever forgiveable!

Imagine how I feel when I'm in Ennis - there's a restaurant bar with that exact name. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Those fücks who point at their wrist while asking for the time. :mad:

Oh and cracking your knuckles. Just stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Youtube annotations :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Forgot there was a second version. :( was wondering why everyone was so quiet :):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement