Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosanna Davidson Agony Aunt

Options
  • 22-03-2012 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

i read the herald every day and for the past while its been annoying me that this woman has been given a job as an agony aunt

what does she know about life at her age, or hardships

she went to private schools,grew up in rich home celebrity dadyy,probly fancy holidays,soon as she left school she is modeling,never did a days hard work unless you count standing aorund having your photo taken.. then after a couple years of this she becomes miss ireland and then goes off to do miss world..

how can she give people advice in an agony aunt capacity?

dear rosanna,im addicted to the smack and ive been injectin into my eyelids coz all me other veins have colappsed and i dont know how to get off it,please help me

dear roasanna im a fat ugly over weight bird with no friends and no fellas will look at me never mind kiss me, what can i do

dear roasanna my father is an abusive alcogolic and he beat us for years and now im all messed up and dont know what im doin im suicidal

dear rosanna i got molested as a kid and now every time i see my uncle he winks at me and tries touching me up,i need help

what does this woman know about any of these issues,how is she qualified to give people advice on anything other then modelling or going to celebrity parties???

am i the only one annoyed by this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

She is Miss World, she has done it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I doubt too many people with serious problems are going to go looking for advice off the agony aunt in the herald. If they did I'm sure all they would do is recommend the person get in contact with someone who is actually in a position to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

If you're that upset about the propriety of the Herald agony aunt, I can't imagine you've seen much hardship either.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

mackg wrote: »
    I doubt too many people with serious problems are going to go looking for advice off the agony aunt in the herald. If they did I'm sure all they would do is recommend the person get in contact with someone who is actually in a position to help.

i know this but still shes not qualified for the job at all

give her a column about fashion or the celeb scene in dublin or soemthing usefull to the young girls or somebody

Sinfonia wrote: »
    If you're that upset about the propriety of the Herald agony aunt, I can't imagine you've seen much hardship either.

im not upset

we are in a recession here, people are struggling to find jobs but the herald is giving this job to rosanna davidson,does she need the few quid

let some 55 year old aulone on the dole from finglas do the job or soembody who knows something about living

not some 23 year old rich kid or however old she is

• Advertisement

It really is just an excuse to stick her name on the cover and use that to market the paper to her fans.

mackg wrote: »
    It really is just an excuse to stick her name on the cover and use that to market the paper to her fans.

give her a modelling column or a fashion column and stick her face and name on the cover for her fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

CyberJuice wrote: »
    im not upset

we are in a recession here, people are struggling to find jobs but the herald is giving this job to rosanna davidson,does she need the few quid

let some 55 year old aulone on the dole from finglas do the job or soembody who knows something about living

not some 23 year old rich kid or however old she is

100 % of 55 yo's from finglas are illiterate

John Doe1 wrote: »
    100 % of 55 yo's from finglas are illiterate

some 40 yr old from ballyfermot then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Nobody writes to those things, they make it all up.

• Advertisement

MungBean wrote: »

Took the words out of my mouth, a fashion/celeb column would involve her writing a column this avoids that messy business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

it's in decline now but before the days of the internet the troll had to get off on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Dear Roseanna,

My Dad thinks he's a singer. He keeps writing sh*t songs like this one:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Dear Rosanna I know this old fella who's eyebrows are bigger than his head. Should I beat them off with a hurl or set fire to them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

:rolleyes:

This is the worst instance i've seen of the use of the "People are struggling to find jobs" cliché!

GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

haters be hatin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

MrStuffins wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

This is the worst instance i've seen of the use of the "People are struggling to find jobs" cliché!

GTFO!

He's missing the point. It goes back to the bankers, they ruined us :mad:

ColeTrain wrote: »
    He's missing the point. It goes back to the bankers, they ruined us :mad:

Rosanna Davison yadda yadda bankers yadda yadda BERTIE!!!!!!!! blah yadda blah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

dear rosanna,im addicted to the smack and ive been injectin into my eyelids coz all me other veins have colappsed and i dont know how to get off it,please help me

dear roasanna im a fat ugly over weight bird with no friends and no fellas will look at me never mind kiss me, what can i do

dear roasanna my father is an abusive alcogolic and he beat us for years and now im all messed up and dont know what im doin im suicidal

dear rosanna i got molested as a kid and now every time i see my uncle he winks at me and tries touching me up,i need help
    jezus OP, you had a hard life there all-right, have you tried seeking professional help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Ya well shes getting the baps out for playboy so who cares.

• Advertisement

afatbollix wrote: »
    Ya well shes getting the baps out for playboy so who cares.

About 5 years after anyone was interested!

Miss World, maybe, but attractive? Nah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Dear Rosanna,

me Da is shaggin' me Nanny...

/thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

am i the only one annoyed by this

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

If t'eyes are the window of the soul, she's a fùcking airhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I can see the Herald doin' a piece on this thread yet...

Imagine if Alison O'Riordan wrote to her looking for advice on her negative equity....... and Rosanna replied..........

I think the brainless sh*tty "Journalism" universe would implode!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Correct, That was my job during TY work experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I wish to neither knock her out nor up but them rags should not be allowed publish such for the throngs that only really buy em for that section. For inspiration.. see how at lunchbreaks they comb those sections studiously for inspiration or to nervously check if what they did last night is acceptable. it often is..

"Sure she wasn't that close a cousin"

"Sure that one brief encounter will only bond you closer to your bff's bf in the long run"

I'm not surprised rosanna lights up like a guru for this sort of tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well when Jordan is writing an agony aunt colum then i guess anyone can do the job. Anyone remember Dear Linda in the Sunday world? The problems were alot simpler back then.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Rosanna is writing rubbish for a rag because nobody else will employ her

Advertisement