Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short Man Syndrome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Would you prefer a penis on each elbow or 4 smaller penises on each knee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A tall good looking man will have more success with women, but not every tall man is handsome so that gives the rest of us a chance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You have penis issues.
    Nope, I don't:) People have latched on to the small penis part of my original post and glossed over the fact that the guy was an arsehole. Those people are the ones with penis issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Nope, I don't:) People have latched on to the small penis part of my original post and glossed over the fact that the guy was an arsehole. Those people are the ones with penis issues.
    You brought up his penis. The first post was about short guys being arseholes. You didn't need to stoop so low and bring his manhood into the thread. That made you sound petty and bitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Not this ****e again. As a self-confessed short arse 5,7', in my experience it seems that tall people are just waiting for any excuse to apply the Small Man Syndrome tag whenever they encounter someone who's small but also happens to be an dickhead.

I've seen on plenty of occasions, tall people saying terrible stuff about short people (see some of the comments on this thread for example) presumably trying to make them feel better about themselves because they generally have a head like a bucket of arseholes :p and if there's any reaction they start calling it Small Man Syndrome not just someone standing up for themselves or giving as good as they got :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Tilly wrote: »
    You brought up his penis. The first post was about short guys being arseholes. You didn't need to stoop so low and bring his manhood into the thread. That made you sound petty and bitter.

I didn't say all short guys are arseholes. As I said earlier, small penis jokes are part and parcel of any sms discussion, just as small men with big bonnet sports cars. The size of the guys penis was relevant to my post. Jesus, lighten up already. I seem to have touched a nerve with people who either have tiny dicks or are only getting shagged by someone with a tiny dick. FFS, it's after hours not personal issues.

I think you're the one being petty and bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Most men have an average sized penis. An average penis on a shorter man looks far more impressive than an average penis on a taller man.

I genuinely haven't noticed SMS, it's like saying all tall men are cocky (no pun intended!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Puffy nipples? I'm intrigued....

Bit of pubertal gyno which didn't recede like it does for most guys. Many lads get some nipple gland growth during puberty which subsequently recedes, some of us are unlucky and it never does - I'm not embarrassed talking about it now though as I'm about to start some hormone treatment to get the feck rid of it :)

This isn't me, but along these general lines:
    http://lagynecomastia.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/type1-gynecomastia-image.jpg

:o

I find it absolutely astounding how much something like this can hammer a lads' confidence. It seems like such a small thing, but I guess when you were known as "tits mcgee" for much of your teenage years, it's going to rub off on you a bit :D

Funny thing is, in every other way people would say I'm lucky, I'm 6"2, getting pretty muscular, about to start cutting fat, but sadly this one little thing makes me feel like a hideous freak, particularly in scenarios in which everyone else is shirtless and I'm like "Eh... Nah I get cold easy!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Candie wrote: »
    I suppose being small isn't particularly masculine looking or attractive to most women, and that's what puts them in a bad mood. Small men also seem to have high pitched squeaky voices, which doesn't help with the image. Then you have to wonder if *everything* is in proportion. There's a reason women favour tall men.:) All generally speaking, of course. Some can compensate with decent personalities though.

This is such a load of twaddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Sounds like you just heard a couple of things you didn't want to hear and you dismissed this as the guy having issues with his height. Maybe he's just a prick?

And I'm curious OP, are you generally more willing to accept abuse if it comes from a tall person? Or do you rightly just label that individual person a prick instead of trying to generalise about some retarded idea of a syndrome?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If there were comments of the same ilk made about women, there would be banhammer bopping and thread closures, but sure it's only fellas so tis grand.

If there were comments of the same ilk made about women, there would be banhammer bopping and thread closures, but sure it's only fellas so tis grand.

You must have missed the comment about some chicks gaping hole?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

the small man has to fight for his attention to make up for his physical appearence.

The small man is agressive and wise they become great leaders and good fathers.

examples include Eamonn Gilmore , Michael D Higgins ,Usher and Simon cowell.

When exactly was he a great leader? It's well kown that Enda keeps Eamonns balls in a jar of vinegar under his bed, the price you pay when you dance with the devil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Doublelime

Monkeykube wrote: »
    When exactly was he a great leader? It's well kown that Enda keeps Eamonns balls in a jar of vinegar under his bed, the price you pay when you dance with the devil.

He's messing you dumbass who in the world would think Kenny and gilmore are great leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

lufties wrote: »
    I wear a fashionable flatcap to take the attention from my shortarseness :)

There's nothing fashionable about a flatcap, just ask Michael Healy Rae! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Doublelime wrote: »
    who in the world would think Kenny and gilmore are great leaders.

Some of the gob****es that voted them in:)

Muise... wrote: »
    It is possible he's on another forum talking about your spelunkingly cavernous quim. Doubt it though.

Muise, you've outdone yourself. I have never been so impressed by an insult in my whole life. Respect. :)
    This is such a load of twaddle.

Obviously the post lacked the requisite number of smilies for you to realise it was tongue in cheek, so here's some to make up. :):D:);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Of course external beauty is only skin deep but lets cut the crap and see who here has x-ray vision?
    Anyone who is unfortunate in the appearance department has got a bloody hill to climb. Plain and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I'm just back from a meeting that was chaired by a little, fat arsehole of a man. The type that is nearly taller sitting down than he is standing up. It got me thinking that over the years I've encountered plenty of short men who were complete arseholes. Much more so than tall men (which I'd count myself as being).

This has become known as Napoleon Complex over the years. Does being closer to the ground do something to the personality of small men? Is it over-compensation? Is it jealousy because tall people tend to get paid more?

Ah, the Napoleon complex: characterised by being easily irascible, complaining about others, particularly those in authority and generally considering others to be "arseholes" due to a deep rooted bias?

wait...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Tall people get paid more? :confused:

Anyway a person's height has no bearing on their level of arseholishness. There are just as many tall arseholes as there are short arseholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Tall people get paid more? :confused:

Anyway a person's height has no bearing on their level of arseholishness. There are just as many tall arseholes as there are short arseholes.

Well-and-fine, but tall arseholes become CEOs, and short arseholes become supermarket duty-managers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Compu Global Hyper Meganet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

jimgoose wrote: »
    Well-and-fine, but tall arseholes become CEOs, and short arseholes become supermarket duty-managers.

Hmm, Lord Sugar must have missed that memo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

the small man has to fight for his attention to make up for his physical appearence.

The small man is agressive and wise they become great leaders and good fathers.

examples include Eamonn Gilmore , Michael D Higgins ,Usher ??? and Simon cowell.

are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,433 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You've got to hand it to short people, because sometimes they just can't reach

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Robson Lobson

Personality beats looks, big cocks and height. Just look at Gordon Ramsey, makes gash drool like a dog that smells fillet mignon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

This has become known as Napoleon Complex over the years. Does being closer to the ground do something to the personality of small men? Is it over-compensation? Is it jealousy because tall people tend to get paid more?

I dont think thats accurate for a number of reasons, although this thread makes me fee taller than Id considered I was, at a shade under 5'10, Im still taller than Napolean actually was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

I find short men to be arseholes more so than average or tall men. OP you should text in Ray Darcy on Today FM tomorrow I'm sure he'll get a definitive answer on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

6781 wrote: »
    I find short men to be arseholes more so than average or tall men. OP you should text in Ray Darcy on Today FM tomorrow I'm sure he'll get a definitive answer on the matter.

just listen to ray darcy for five mins youl have a definitive answer

OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Our ceo is five five and he is on some outrageous money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

My fella is 6'4''.

He used to get aggro from random little fellas out of their trollies in clubs and Bars., he is the most inoffensive guy you could meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

ruthloss wrote: »
    My fella is 6'4''.

He used to get aggro from random little fellas out of their trollies in clubs and Bars., he is the most inoffensive guy you could meet.

You also see this type of small man machismo in the gym. Small little fellas puffing their chest out, trying to look fearsome as they adjust the equipment after someone taller than them has used it, and generally being aggressive in their behaviours and mannerisms. Fooling no-one though.

You also see this type of small man machismo in the gym. Small little fellas puffing their chest out, trying to look fearsome as they adjust the equipment after someone taller than them has used it, and generally being aggressive in their behaviours and mannerisms. Fooling no-one though.
    I think your poor little head is making all this stuff up and you actually believe it.

"Aw - did babby fall off his high-chair??" :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

I think your poor little head is making all this stuff up and you actually believe it.

It's the altitude causing his attitude, I'm afraid. Never met a tall man so petty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

just reading through the thread, and so far it seems that the general consensus is that small men ARE aggressive and ar5e-holish... i'd say i'd be more inclined to say the first though - definitely more aggressive in many ways, but anyone could be an ar5ehole.

but if i was to say from personal experience, i'd agree that the ones i've encountered tend to be little runts with horrible attitudes towards any other men.

kind of a similar attitude to those girls who hate when other pretty girls are around - basically threatened by "betters" being around them

It's the altitude causing his attitude, I'm afraid. Never met a tall man so petty. :)

It's not so easy getting enough oxygen up here, you know - you'll have to excuse our occasional light-headedness. :cool:

Wouldn't be surprised if the OP has to have a little sit down whenever he gets...shall we say, excited.

• Advertisement

pundy wrote: »
    just reading through the thread, and so far it seems that the general consensus is that small men ARE aggressive and ar5e-holish... i'd say i'd be more inclined to say the first though - definitely more aggressive in many ways, but anyone could be an ar5ehole.

but if i was to say from personal experience, i'd agree that the ones i've encountered tend to be little runts with horrible attitudes towards any other men.

kind of a similar attitude to those girls who hate when other pretty girls are around - basically threatened by "betters" being around them
    And i suppose anyone who drives a big car must have a tiny cock?

No wonder i cant find mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

I don't think so. My OH and some of her friends remarked about it one night when we were out for dinner. Short lads trying too hard in the gym with excessive posturing and preening.

Mini Rambo was the nickname given to one lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

I don't think so. My OH and some of her friends remarked about it one night when we were out for dinner. Short lads trying too hard in the gym with excessive posturing and preening.

Mini Rambo was the nickname given to one lad.

well I say! with peer reviewed data like that, we must all bow to your findings, especially because then you'll be the tallest least syndromey man in the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I'm just back from a meeting that was chaired by a little, fat arsehole of a man. The type that is nearly taller sitting down than he is standing up. It got me thinking that over the years I've encountered plenty of short men who were complete arseholes. Much more so than tall men (which I'd count myself as being).

Napoleon was actually considered to be normal or maybe even above normal height wasn't he? At the time he was considered to be 5 foot 6, maybe a bit taller, whereas the average for French men was about 5foot 4 or less. He was just always flanked by the elite guard, who I would imagine would be like the hound from GOT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

It is pretty established that it is a myth. Short people are not more aggressive. Like most derogatory remarks when people take a dislike to somebody they seize on a physical attribute to put the person down. It is actually an aggressive trait and a bully tactic to do this. In other words people claiming somebody has a " Napoleon complex" are bullies and the aggressors.

It happens all the time over different things. Woman who came out insisting women should be allowed contraception under Obamacare was lambasted by the public and media commentators. Comments suggested she was some slut and threats of rape along with a barrage of comments on her appearance. Similarly with the people suggesting Jane Austin be put on bank notes.

It is no different to making a racial slur in reality to suggest "small man syndrome" exists. It just show prejudicial views and poking at something that people think is acceptable to insult somebody on. Even if you don't say it to somebodies face. That is just a show of cowardice with your bigotry

pundy wrote: »

Threatened by our betters....you've got us there. :) In fact, all us small men convene together in a jealous fit of rage anytime a tall bloke walks into the room, making comments such as "look at that tall wanker over there" and "he's fooling no-one with that fake height of his".

Threatened by our betters....you've got us there. :) In fact, all us small men convene together in a jealous fit of rage anytime a tall bloke walks into the room, making comments such as "look at that tall wanker over there" and "he's fooling no-one with that fake height of his".

I furkan knew it!!! :D

And i suppose anyone who drives a big car must have a tiny cock?

No wonder i cant find mine!

no, what im saying is totally accurate.

have you never seen a girl (granted not all are like this) get jealous and ragey when there are prettier girls in the room? it's the same type of thing.

the better looking person is always a threat because of the chip they have on their shoulder. it works the same if the small man is anxious about his own height and looks. they feel threatened and act out.

no you wouldnt say it though would you. it's a silent rage i would assume, and if not then grand, im not saying all short men have this chip on their shoulder of course they dont, but some do, and a lot of people have encountered this before.

good for you for not being one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Is this thread about the size of arséholes? They come in all sizes

Advertisement