Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three mobile broadband

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭fr3d12

I'm not sure what if anything would be effective in your circumstances but I came across these the other day.

Mobile Broadband Outdoor Panel Antenna.
    Clip antenna.
    High Gain 3G Directional Antenna.

The clip antenna is probably the weakest of the three options.
    I honestly can't tell you if they will work for you but if you google them you'll find loads of info on them all.

You also might be as well off to just ask Three to release you from your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I have put the modem in the attic and the speed has increased, it over 1mb most of the time and over 2 or 3 as well. So big difference in speed. Only problem is since putting it up a few days ago I have lost connection about once a day. this morning I could not get the signal light to stay green. I turned it on and off a few times and it stayed green. Does anyone else have this problem and can it be fixed? Other than that I am happy with the broadband and the speed.

I have put the modem in the attic and the speed has increased, it over 1mb most of the time and over 2 or 3 as well. So big difference in speed. Only problem is since putting it up a few days ago I have lost connection about once a day. this morning I could not get the signal light to stay green. I turned it on and off a few times and it stayed green. Does anyone else have this problem and can it be fixed? Other than that I am happy with the broadband and the speed.

I'm not sure to be honest what you can do, my huawei wifi modem will disconnect at least once a day and has to be reset to get it going again but mine is beside me so it's not really an issue.
    I'm glad at you are getting some service at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

fr3d12 wrote: »
    I'm not sure to be honest what you can do, my huawei wifi modem will disconnect at least once a day and has to be reset to get it going again but mine is beside me so it's not really an issue.
    I'm glad at you are getting some service at least.

LOL My current set up has my router about 300m away and on the other side of a river. When there's not much water in the river the quickest way to do a hard reset if one through the web interface fails is to put my waders on and cross the river. When the rivers up a bit its a longer walk around the road way and over the bridge. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I have to do a daily hard reset but can also go 5 days (seems about the limit) without a reboot.

LOL My current set up has my router about 300m away and on the other side of a river. When there's not much water in the river the quickest way to do a hard reset if one through the web interface fails is to put my waders on and cross the river. When the rivers up a bit its a longer walk around the road way and over the bridge. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I have to do a daily hard reset but can also go 5 days (seems about the limit) without a reboot.

Haha that is funny sorry for giggling.:D
    I couldn't imagine pulling the waders on at say 11pm though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

It has been done :eek: The router is on a neighbors property and its less bother to them if I nip across the river than if I walk down their drive around the house and through the garden and back, particularly at night. They are good enough to allow me to have the router on their property so I don't want to fire off all their security lights if I don't have to.

I have other locations I can use but the current one while not the best is the easiest to maintain along with being the safest location for my gear.

Needless to say three tell me (I still have the emails) that my location has "great out and about coverage" but no mention of needing waders :rolleyes::D

It has been done :eek: The router is on a neighbors property and its less bother to them if I nip across the river than if I walk down their drive around the house and through the garden and back, particularly at night. They are good enough to allow me to have the router on their property so I don't want to fire off all their security lights if I don't have to.

I have other locations I can use but the current one while not the best is the easiest to maintain along with being the safest location for my gear.

Needless to say three tell me (I still have the emails) that my location has "great out and about coverage" but no mention of needing waders :rolleyes::D

Good neighours are as hard to find as good friends.
    I can imagine how you wouldn't want to set off sensors and have the dogs barking etc so it does make sense to get the waders on.
    Has it happened where you have just taken the waders off and gone indoors after a reset and had to head straight back over again?

Seems many of us are in the same situation with regard to broadband services, the only reason I'm still with Three is because there are very few ISP's who can service my area, Three never once admitted to me that my area has bad reception and just spouted about no one else in the area had a problem etc but that said it has been adequate for a while now, speeds during the day can be really bad though, this time of night it improves greatly for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Does Rain effect the signal? It is very slow tonight does anyone else have the same problem.

Does Rain effect the signal? It is very slow tonight does anyone else have the same problem.
    Rain affects my signal. I have no signal bars on the modem and it takes a while to load a site etc.
    When we had the scorching heat for the few weeks last summer I had a terrible connection so weather does play a part

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

fr3d12 wrote: »
    I signed up to three two months ago on their 60gb pro package,in the first week everything was fine but it's been downhill since with download speeds ranging from 0.19 to 0.30mbps,the service i was sold promised upto 21.
    I constantly have to switch the modem off and on after losing the connection,i've made countless calls to customer care who assure me someone from their tech team will get to me within 24hrs but they never do.
    One CC agent told me i was leaving the modem on too long and that 1-2 hours per day was enough!
    So the way i see it is that i've been missold a service and would like to ask has anyone been able to get out of the contract?

I'd appreciate any relevant input.

where are you based?

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    where are you based?

I posted that about 18 months ago.
    I kicked up a bit of a fuss with Three and Comreg and my connection improved, maybe it was coincidence maybe not

Advertisement