Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

CAGE CONTENDER XIII : BELFAST : 28 APRIL 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

What's going on here?

i was'nt there but i hope it was'nt as unsporting as it looks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I would believe that's JMS getting up after the tap

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

What's going on here?

Lost the run of himself in the heat of the moment and got in Cooke's face after the tap, he apologised straight away and also in his post fight interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

IRELAND/UK FIRST AIRINGS

Prelim Card:

UK: Tonight @ 22:00 on Premier Sports (Sky platform 433) FREE TO AIR

Ireland: Tonight @ 22:15 on Setanta Sports

Main Card:

UK: Friday 4th May @ 22:00 on Premier Sports

Ireland: Friday 4th May @ 22:00 on Premier Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Hi John, will this be airing in Australia?

• Advertisement

ollieo wrote: »
    Hi John, will this be airing in Australia?

Yeah it goes out next week, I'll pm you the full details when I have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Will be tuning in Friday to see the Greg loughran fight and the dean lister fight. Greg is one of the best Fighters in Ireland will we see him competing again soon John?

How about Greg vs Norman for the title?

Will dean Lister be returning? You teased a fight with Chris fields on twitter Any chance of this happening?

Niall0 wrote: »
    Will be tuning in Friday to see the Greg loughran fight and the dean lister fight. Greg is one of the best Fighters in Ireland will we see him competing again soon John?
    Greg has agreed to fight in Belfast on 6th October. The plan is to bring in a UFC vet to face him.

Who would you guys like to see Greg fight?
    How about Greg vs Norman for the title?
    Not a hope, they are training partners and good friends.
    Will dean Lister be returning? You teased a fight with Chris fields on twitter Any chance of this happening?
    It has been spoke about, we will see how it progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pccb

Greg vs ali mc clean (cage wars champ)
    Greg vs chris stringer (clan wars champ)
    Greg vs carl warburton (ufc vet)
    Greg vs marcus davis (ufc vet)

All good match ups that make sense in different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishdownhiller

hey john, will it air online? student in england with no sky!

also..how bout greg and andre winer? or is he signed to bamma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

IRELAND/UK FIRST AIRINGS

Prelim Card:

Main Card:

Ireland: Friday 4th May @ 22:00 on Premier Sports

can't see Premier Sports on Sky and according to wiki it became a pay subscription channel on 5 August 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_Sports#History

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

jim_bob wrote: »
    can't see Premier Sports on Sky and according to wiki it became a pay subscription channel on 5 August 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_Sports#History

You can tune it in to the extra channels bit, where ITV and BBC 4 etc are. It is normally a pay subscription channel but Cage Contender should be free to view on it.

Don't ask me how to tune it in though, someone done it for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Here is how to tune in 'Premier Sports' on sky

Services>System Setup>Add Channels

Frequency: 11.680 GHz

Polarity: Vertical

Symbol Rate: 27500

Select the channels you want with the yellow button and press Select again

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

IRELAND/UK FIRST AIRINGS

Prelim Card:

Main Card:

Ireland: Friday 4th May @ 22:00 on Premier Sports

Hi John,

Can you confirm that it will be on Freeview tonight on Premier?

Cheers

Dean

Deanicus wrote: »
    Hi John,

Can you confirm that it will be on Freeview tonight on Premier?

Cheers

Dean

As far as we are aware it will not be Free View tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Pccb wrote: »
    Greg vs marcus davis (ufc vet)
    Great call!

Get your promoters hat on John and get in touch with Marcus-has a big following and is an exciting fighter who makes fans want to return and is a UFC veteran too who loves fighting in Ireland.

If ya really pushed it ya could get him on the Late late an all the week or 2 before ;)

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Great call!

Get your promoters hat on John and get in touch with Marcus-has a big following and is an exciting fighter who makes fans want to return and is a UFC veteran too who loves fighting in Ireland.

If ya really pushed it ya could get him on the Late late an all the week or 2 before ;)

I have been talking to Marcus over the last few weeks about another fight on the July card. The Greg fight won't happen because Davis now fights around the 180 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

As far as we are aware it will not be Free View tonight.

Thanks John,

Pity about that.

Cheers

Dean

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

I have been talking to Marcus over the last few weeks about another fight on the July card. The Greg fight won't happen because Davis now fights around the 180 mark.

185 mark perhaps , you could make a killing on that one ;)

Kieran81 wrote: »
    185 mark perhaps , you could make a killing on that one ;)

It could be a punishing night for Marcus ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

It could be a punishing night for Marcus ;)

well played sir:D , thats a great fight

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Just check my Cage Contender XIII main card recording on my Sky+ and it was Interrupted, missed the whole thing basically

Any idea if they will be showing a repeat anytime soon John?

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Just check my Cage Contender XIII main card recording on my Sky+ and it was Interrupted, missed the whole thing basically

Any idea if they will be showing a repeat anytime soon John?

I have emailed Setanta to find out for you, will post on here when they reply

How do you guys feel about bringing in Marcus Davis now that he got KO'd last night in Dublin by Mark Casserly?

Does it make a difference in your view?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

Marcus Davis

Sorry all.. Im just not pulling the trigger like I did even 5 years ago. I have days in the gym where i cant be touched but days where I'm lethargic. Consistency is key to being a professional fighter. My reactions have slowed. I'm not going to make my decision now until I am with my family but this wouldn't have happened 10-5 years ago. Time I think has caught up with me. I will be with my wife tomorrow and we will discuss my career. From the bottom of my heart I thank everyone who has ever supported me... God bless
    Marcus

Kinda sounds like he may feel like its over for him anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Father time is a cruel master

Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

How do you guys feel about bringing in Marcus Davis now that he got KO'd last night in Dublin by Mark Casserly?

Does it make a difference in your view?

Not to me, it was K1 not MMA and he has not fought striking on it's own in a long time and anyone can be KO'd if caught right-i think he'd love to retire on a win on Irish soil to be honest.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Not to me, it was K1 not MMA and he has not fought striking on it's own in a long time and anyone can be KO'd if caught right-i think he'd love to retire on a win on Irish soil to be honest.

I agree with the fact it was not MMA making a difference tbh. But there are other angles then coming into play from a promotional point of view.

For example:

Will the ticket buying public still buy a ticket to watch him after such a heavy loss (this question applies to both the die hard MMA community and the casual UFC/Davis follower)

Would the other fighter still want to fight him coming of such a heavy loss? And would the fighter see any benefit in the fight?

Would Davis be more flexible/realistic with fee etc coming of this loss?

These are just a few of the things that could affect any possible match up, then of course the fourth angle in will Marcus be retired now or not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I agree with the fact it was not MMA making a difference tbh. But there are other angles then coming into play from a promotional point of view.

For example:

Will the ticket buying public still buy a ticket to watch him after such a heavy loss (this question applies to both the die hard MMA community and the casual UFC/Davis follower)

Would the other fighter still want to fight him coming of such a heavy loss? And would the fighter see any benefit in the fight?

Would Davis be more flexible/realistic with fee etc coming of this loss?

These are just a few of the things that could affect any possible match up, then of course the fourth angle in will Marcus be retired now or not
    1. Yes the average punter would as imo they'll pay to see a ufc vet and the fact that the average punter wont know about his loss tbh

2. Every fighter in Ireland see's the advantage of possibly taking the scalp of a ufc vet.

3. Dunno about the fee, possibly could be subsidised by a seminar a few days after the event.

• Advertisement

Arawn wrote: »
    1. Yes the average punter would as imo they'll pay to see a ufc vet and the fact that the average punter wont know about his loss tbh

I'm just not so convinced on this one, had he lost outside of Ireland I don't think I would have the same point of view. But he lost in Dublin and I think that could have a pretty negative effect on sales.
    2. Every fighter in Ireland see's the advantage of possibly taking the scalp of a ufc vet.

Again not so sure, one of the risks being if Davis wins the opponent looses face because another local guy has recently beaten him.
    3. Dunno about the fee, possibly could be subsidised by a seminar a few days after the event.

Lots of different scenarios here was just dropping into the mix. From a promoters point of view the loss in Dublin makes him less of a draw thus worth less.

Advertisement