Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do with Sheamus?

• 22-12-2013 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

The Celtic Warrior will return at some stage in early 2014, the Rumble is a likely target. Do you think they should turn him heel? He seemed to be spinning his wheels a bit in the months prior to his injury, and the crowd reaction told a tale. The smarks on a few of the wrestling sites I visit seem to despise him.

I think he's a good wrestler who always puts on a good show and can work with anyone, look at the matches he got out of Big Show in the latter part of 2012 for instance.

Personally I'd like him to join up with HHH and co and turn heel, but I've a feeling because he does move merch and is popular with younger fans that they'll keep him face.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

would like to see him return at the rumble ppv but not in the rumble itself, maybe interfere against someone from the shield, get a feud going with ambrose i think would be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont like him at all but though the would have done brilliant as a bodyguard to HHH and join the Authority when the Shield eventually split, maybe he could fight a babyface Reigns, but dont know is that possible with the return of
    Batista

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

I like Sheamus, think he has a good brawling style. I like to see him go all out heel but as the op states he seems to be quite popular with younger fans,and that's their target audience at the moment. Plus he seems to be the go to choice when WWE are doing their PR and charity events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Think him joining the Authority could be good. I'd like to see him as a heel as his babyface run had gone WAY past it's expiry date.

Maybe feud with a babyface Reigns?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Non baby kissing face could be great for him either. Aggressive in the way Ryback was pre heel turn but with ability to put in a good match.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

May sound like something for the prediction thread. But I see him working with and trying to get over Alexander Rusev who apparently taped some hype vignettes for the main roster and is next be called up.

2m7f144.jpg

Make him humble the old Country way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

^^^ ugh, not Rusev.... what do they see in that guy? Theres far better talent ready for call up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    ^^^ ugh, not Rusev.... what do they see in that guy? Theres far better talent ready for call up.

He is a big guy and we all know WWE love them

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Foreign heel = $$$

vladimir-kozlov.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bringing Lana as well? :)

Speaking of big guys, outside of Ascension and Kruger(or whatever his name is now), who else do they have in NXT?

As for Sheamus, he'll be face upon returning as long time absentees usually are, so would need to do something to turn heel.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Bringing Lana as well? :)

Yes.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Speaking of big guys, outside of Ascension and Kruger(or whatever his name is now), who else do they have in NXT?

Mason fecking Ryan. He has leaned out a lot and has got gotten quicker and less muscle bound. He is the current tag partner of star in the making Jason Jordan on NXT live events. Ryan is in role of as the person in team who gets the hot tag and cleans house.

Mojo Rawley who has begun to appear on NXT TV is tipped to be the next Cena type star. Still early days but he has a great upper body and speaking ability. As well as impressive virtual leap. His on and off screen personality is essentially Duffman.

WWE has a shed load of massive ex-American Football types who have largely only been in NXT since July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Surely he's an obvious choice to face the Real Americans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭briany

Surely he's an obvious choice to face the Real Americans?

How would that angle go? The Real Americans don't like the Irish, or just Sheamus taking a general dislike to their attitude? If it's the former, I find any sort of historical or ethnic motivation meant to compel a feud with an Irish wrestler to be very underwhelming. Cole's attempts to talk up Finlay's matches with the likes of Regal by mentioning the requisite (?)00 years of British oppression were pretty cringe worthy. If WWE were to go that route, though, I'd stick Finlay in Sheamus's corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Provided his merch sales stay strong with the Kiddies he'll be staying a face. Just somewhere below the main event scene.

The Real Americans don't like illegal immigrants. The WWE have been clear in their definition of their characters. Actually, they should be having a go at Barrett after his visa problems, but Sheamus could really go against Cesaro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Could just have Sheamus talking to Mysterio to set Colter off, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Heel turn would be a bad idea, mainly because he's not a good heel. A feud with the Real Americans would go nicely. Have them feud with another wrestler and have Sheamus return evening the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jd1594

I don't think he should turn right away. It wouldn't be as effective and the crowd will be cheering his return anyways (the 'lil jimmies anyway). Maybe leave it until after WM like Ryback this year, hopefully not with the same consequences as Ryback mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Heel turn would be a bad idea, mainly because he's not a good heel. A feud with the Real Americans would go nicely. Have them feud with another wrestler and have Sheamus return evening the odds

I thought he was a great heel, a tough Irish brute who could wind up a crowd. As a face WWE portray him as the happy go lucky big thick Mick. A jovial simpleton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Send him back to the hardy bucks,Eddie durkan style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

I'd like to see him go face to face with Rikishi's ass. To be honest he'd go down quicker at summer slam that a blim without wings, all depends on what angle you look at it though. Isn't really a match for Mankind or any of that jazz like

Going back to the United Kingdom faction in the 12 game maybe. I think a three faction of Sheamus, Drew and Barrett could make quite an impact.

As somebody whom has visited and lived in the States, it's easy to get offended at the GB grouping. We're a small island, Many over there consider us part of the UK. Pure ignorance.

Th US don't give one solitary fcuk about us apart from their occasional fawning In the Italian dominant 'Howard Beach' area of NY terms like 'White N1gger' and 'Smoked Irish' are still common place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd like to see him feud with Lesnar

Is there any word out about his return date? Is the Rumble still a possibility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Change his music to dropkick murphys shipping out to Boston. That what should be done with Seamus

Last that I heard was that he was frustrated with the speed (or lack there of) of his recuperation. That was a couple of months ago though. Nothing has been said of him officially by WWE since that interview so a Rumble return is far from impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I love Shambo but I'm not enamoured with his Irish-Cena or jerkass character. I would like to see him try being a difference type of face. Something a bit more subtantial. Maybe doing a version of JBL/HBK with Sheamo and the authority, beating him down emotionally until his breaking point. As annoying as Trips is on screen at least this way he'll have to wrestle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Just read various rumour sites over the last few months, from turning heel (which I doubt) to facing Undertaker at WM, which he did say that he would like. I look forward to seeing him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Have said this before, but he seems like a really nice fella in interviews, a good talker and very funny - in a typically Irish self deprecating way, but he seems to sh*t the trunks when he gets a mic on WWE tv. He was way way worse than Cena in his last few months, was getting no reaction at all.

He was much better as a heel and should probably do that for a few more years before turning into a fully fledged face.

• Advertisement

Things seem to be happening.

All of his tweets were deleted and all his profile photos were removed:

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/with_replies

A new look perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

289565.PNG

First new tweet just up, name down as #TheStreak, the plot thickens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Drew Mcintyre claiming he was hacking his account but seems all very confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Put him in a heel stable with regal, Barrett, McIntyre and mason ryan..... Like in wwe 12! Regal would be the proper mouth piece

The new WWE thing is doing stuff like this over the weekend when nothing else is going on so fans have something to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    The new WWE thing is doing stuff like this over the weekend when nothing else is going on so fans have something to talk about.

So much for the lasting effects of Friday night Smackdown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Sirsok wrote: »
    Put him in a heel stable with regal, Barrett, McIntyre and mason ryan..... Like in wwe 12! Regal would be the proper mouth piece

Good idea. Regal leading a faction with Shamey and Barrett.

Personally, would fire the other two. Charisma vacuums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

An Irish Faction with Sheamus, Rebecca (Becky Lynch) Maybe Devitt depending on his NJPW. Lead by Finlay.

Know need to join a UK one. Let the UK guys have there own faction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It sounds naff when you say it but I think an Irish stable could be brilliant.

I'll stick with the tag team of Pretty Ridiculous with Veronica Lane for Becky:

cf4c34dc814911e3878212a6fed0d37b_8.jpg

Smile and Wave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It sounds naff when you say it but I think an Irish stable could be brilliant.

Add Hornswoggle into that faction. Its WWE creative after all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Dracula88

Just when I was about to lose all faith in WWE guess who returned. Yes that's right the Celtic Warrior Sheamus. I personally couldn't stomach WWE without him. He is without a doubt my favourite wrestler. The best in my opinion. I miss him as champion he really deserves that spot. I love his brawling style. Can't wait to see what he can do in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's going to play up front with Shola Ameobi once' Vince buys Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Dracula88 wrote: »
    Just when I was about to lose all faith in WWE guess who returned. Yes that's right the Celtic Warrior Sheamus. I personally couldn't stomach WWE without him. He is without a doubt my favourite wrestler. The best in my opinion. I miss him as champion he really deserves that spot. I love his brawling style. Can't wait to see what he can do in the future.

tumblr_m85drlsS7N1rclg0oo1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

289565.PNG

First new tweet just up, name down as #TheStreak, the plot thickens.

WOW, I really hope this doesn't lead to Sheamus Vs. The Undertaker for WMXXX, that's really underwhelming if it turns out to be the case.

Sheamus is no threat to the streak at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Stick him in a feud with Cesaro post chamber ,will be aweomse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭briany

Loughc wrote: »
    WOW, I really hope this doesn't lead to Sheamus Vs. The Undertaker for WMXXX, that's really underwhelming if it turns out to be the case.

Sheamus is no threat to the streak at all.

I, for one, wouldn't mind no 'Take this year. He's pushing fifty, his WM matches have been samey for the last several years and the streak is too great a thing to lose. If he were to lose it, it should be after a long feud. It should be like Hogan v. Andre, not bus him in for two weeks tops. That's not drama, and that would be underwhelming and quite a disservice.

Decent of a thread bump but I thought this interview referenced on the Review A Wai podcast was worth posting in a dedicated thread especially the second half:
    There's a good chance Long Island's pro wrestling fans will be on their worst behavior when WWE's LIVE Road to WrestleMania Tour makes a stop at the Nassau Coliseum this Saturday night, and Sheamus wouldn't have it any other way.

"It has a reputation," Sheamus said of the Coliseum, known for years for hosting the kind of fans who boo the good guys, cheer the bad guys and are quick with a chant if they don't like what's going on in the ring.

"We know it's a crowd that might go against the grain, and we deal with it," said Sheamus, who will battle old foe Alberto Del Rio at the Uniondale event.

"There's a couple cities like that. When you go, they want the show to be about them sometimes or their opinions, which is cool. They're paying their money. They're going to do what they want to do and it makes it interesting for all of us. You just go with it,man. We're professionals. If you fight them, you're going to drown."

The "Celtic Warrior" knows plenty about fighting, having won three world titles and the 2012 Royal Rumble since debuting five years ago. But the biggest battle of his last year has been against a shoulder injury that sidelined him for six months until his return this past January.

Although Sheamus said he enjoyed his most-prolonged visit with relatives in Ireland in nearly a decade, by November he was primed to get back to work.

"I was ready to come back at the Survivor Series, but for whatever reason they wanted me to wait for the new year," said Sheamus, who returned as a "surprise" entrant in this year's Rumble match. "I firmly believe everybody knew I was going to come back at the Rumble."

Sheamus acknowledged that the news of his return became somewhat buried in the other headlines coming out of that night, including Batista's in-ring return and fans' strong emotions about Daniel Bryan being left out of the match. Still, Sheamus considers his return an unmitigated success.

"I was just glad to be back in the ring. I rehabbed my shoulder really, really well. It was my first injury and I got through it with flying colors. So, for me, in that respect it was a success," said Sheamus, who spent some of his time away from the ring re-evaluating his WWE character.

"Rehabbing my injuring, I was kind of spinning my wheels and I kind of realized I let my character become a little bit hokey. So coming back, I'm a lot more motivated, a lot more direct. I want to have fun every now and again . . . but you can't just rest on your laurels. There a lot of young guys in the developmental system coming up and the way you handle that is by going out there and having the best match you can each and every night," Sheamus said. "WrestleMania is around the corner and we're all looking to tear it up. Everybody is on their A-game."

Sheamus is tentatively scheduled to be part of the 30-man Andre the Giant memorial battle royal at WrestleMania 30 on April 6 in New Orleans. Sheamus acknowledged that since debuting at WrestleMania XXVI in a top-billed match against Triple-H in 2010, he's not been featured as prominently as he'd like on the "Show of Shows."

"It was such a huge match, and I feel like at every Mania since then, I haven't had the opportunity to do that again. I'm hoping at Mania 30 or 31 to bounce back to that level again," he said. "The wheel goes round and round and comes back and opportunities are given again. You just have to remember that. After four years of experience -- and especially after the match with Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 27 for the U.S. title that ended up being a dark match -- you've got to realize that patience is a huge key in this game."

Sheamus battled Bryan again at WrestleMania 28 in 2012, but that match is remembered more for lasting 18 seconds than the fact that Sheamus won it to capture the world heavyweight championship. Sheamus believes it all worked out for the best in the end.

"I just know we had zero storyline going into that pay-per-view. Obviously, you want more time, but coming out of that match, we had more steam than anybody going into Extreme Rules," said Sheamus, who beat Bryan again in a show-stealing match at the subsequent pay-per-view event. "I thought the way it happened drew so much interest in that match at Extreme Rules, and we were able to pay it off. The story really came after Mania."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/pro-wrestling/sheamus-calls-long-island-s-wwe-crowd-interesting-1.7466191

Seems to be chomping at the bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

rovert wrote: »
    Seems to be chomping at the bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS8dBpQmt7A&t=0m26s

----

Sheamus vs Barrett plz.

Or Christian forevermore. Whatever works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

No more Christian matches please, the last 200 were enough for me.

turn him heel, they can't book him properly as a face so may as well turn him where they should be able to do more with him.

Money could be made with him as corporation muscle challenging Bryan after Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

He just needs a bit of an overhaul really. I don't think just turning him heel would solve anything long-term. He just needs to drop the OTT Irish shtick to be honest. I'm proud he's one of our own and all that but I don't need it shoved in my face either, drop the "fella" nonsense and the random Father Ted and other references that at the end of the day, whilst a little bit of fun at the start has worn thin especially when you consider the majority of the audience watching doesn't have a clue what he's on about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement