Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PRE hangover cures

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

the OH bought a box of milk thistle tablets 2 weeks ago, had 2 good rips since and popped 2 before each session. felt deadly the next day! they help the liver work well of something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

my brother in law is the same. He would be really sick for days. i'm suffering here but thankfully i'll be sound tomo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

le la rat wrote: »
    Until the bed feels wet

has never happend to me, might wake up and have to go to the toilet but never wet the bed, should try it man, it works for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

the OH bought a box of milk thistle tablets 2 weeks ago, had 2 good rips since and popped 2 before each session. felt deadly the next day! they help the liver work well of something!

Well, I read that and scoffed but what do you know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

for some reason I just picture her/him out farting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

A bit late to help the OP but anyway,

Step 1. Big dinner with plenty of soakage. Something like a stew or something with a big feed of spuds.
    Step 2. Stay on the pints, stay away from the ga ga juice.
    Step 3. Get the food in on the way home and get the water in before bed. Something like a nutrigrain bar next to the bed for the 6am wake up wouldn't hurt.
    Last but not least if the hangover does kick in then minimise it. On the way to work get a banana, chocolate and a pack of tayto, (potasium, simple sugars and salt). If it's a weekend, there is no substitute for sleep.
    From your body's point of view you want to expel the residue of the night as soon as possible so the food will also help any of the nasty stuff down, so without being too crude, a good poo is yer only man. Follow that with a slice of toast with honey, the honey binds and neutralises any of the nasties left in your tummy.

It's rare that I've needed to employ all of those. But the OP might be glad of some of them in the morning. Alas my days of going Hammer and T(h)ongs from Thursdays to Sundays are behind me but they were good whilst they lasted.
    P.S. Seriously, stay away from the top shelf.

humbert wrote: »
    If it's taking three days to recover I'd be concerned you're doing/have done serious damage.

I dont get it either, the tiredness might push into the 2nd day after a major weekend with little sleep but not the hangover. Id 5 nights hard nights in a row there recently and I wasn't even really hungover the day after the 5th night and I was spot on the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

My main serious issue is a sickly stomach caused 100% by over acidity in my stomach. Still haven't found how to cure it!

The best thing is to stay up for as long as you can drinking water and to ensure you have a sugary drink first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Personally I don't believe hangovers exist, well at least not to the extent people go on about.

3 days for every hangover is bullshít tbh. I've been on "other" sessions that don't even take that long to recover. I'd say never mind the pre drinking cures, go man up and go for a walk after your session the day after etc. Stop moping it really isn't that bad.

Is the "hangover" etiquette just an extended bragging of a night out and attention seeking? That's my question :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

This has worked for me on several occasions:

Very last drink of the night - Lucozade.

It seems to keep the blood sugars up and hydration bang on.

Try it and see, let us know if it works for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Jay D wrote: »
    Personally I don't believe hangovers exist, well at least not to the extent people go on about.

3 days for every hangover is bullshít tbh. I've been on "other" sessions that don't even take that long to recover. I'd say never mind the pre drinking cures, go man up and go for a walk after your session the day after etc. Stop moping it really isn't that bad.

Is the "hangover" etiquette just an extended bragging of a night out and attention seeking? That's my question :)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Can I inject you with poison and see how long it takes to recover?

That's what alcohol is, basically poison to your system. Hence the hangover is your body saying "hey, you ruined me last night, so we'll ruin you for the few days".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-420582/What-GP-takes-hangover.html

better than the usual daily mail 'news' item.

a lot seems to depend on what type of alcohol you drank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Can I inject you with poison and see how long it takes to recover?

That's what alcohol is, basically poison to your system. Hence the hangover is your body saying "hey, you ruined me last night, so we'll ruin you for the few days".

It's funny cause I (like anyone) have been on some serious sessions over the years and I can recall off hand feeling rough after drinking (Riga I think it was called) some foreign spitit that tasted somewhat like vinegar. That was once out of hundreds to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Never drinking again in my life.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Going on the lash.

But it takes me a good 3 days to get over the lash.

Any suggestion on pre binge drinking cures.
    Something to eat of drink before I go out and poison myself tonight.

Some say milk. tried that. Was sick as a dog for 3 days after.

Some say lots of water. No.

My once a month night out in Dublin is fast approaching .
    Never drinking again in my life.:(

:D;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

djdunny wrote: »
    I bit the bullet and bought this

http://www.nohodrink.ie/

Gonna try it tonite. will let you know how i get on tomorrow :)

Been using this since last December, 100% works, ive converted loads of my mates too, super stuff highly recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

I remember arriving home 2 Christmasses ago, after 4 days on the serious lash (that 12 Pubs thing has to stop) I had a hangover so bad that I couldn't do anything. Couldn't talk, couldn't sleep, couldn't even make a cup of tea! It got so bad that I actually thought there might be something seriously wrong with me and hauled myself from the sofa to call my Mum and Dad to tell them to come home quick.

My Mum just laughed, promised me I'd be fine and said 'Welcome to being over 25!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The physical pain I experience now after drinking is making it not worth it anymore.
    Also m brain literally turns to mush for days afterwards.
    Look at some of the posts I've made. They look like a 5 year old typed them. Not the person who'll be running the country some day.
    I really wish I never touched a single drink.
    I still remember getting pissed regularly with my friends at the age of 12:eek:
    Far too young to be putting that **** into your body.
    Mind you it was only 4 cans of druids I think we drank at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

The physical pain I experience now after drinking is making it not worth it anymore.
    Also m brain literally turns to mush for days afterwards.
    Look at some of the posts I've made. They look like a 5 year old typed them. Not the person who'll be running the country some day.
    I really wish I never touched a single drink.
    I still remember getting pissed regularly with my friends at the age of 12:eek:
    Far too young to be putting that **** into your body.
    Mind you it was only 4 cans of druids I think we drank at the time.

Im in my mid 30s now. I was the same as yourself when I was younger. Drink and drink . Now im in bits. Cant think, stomach in knots and hands are shaky.
    And I know this is only day one of the hangover. I still have to face the heart burn which adds to the list for day 2.

Maybe its time to stop abusing myself.

Pints with double Redbull and vodka all night. I spent over 70 euro.

BUT..

I hard a really good time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Im in my mid 30s now. I was the same as yourself when I was younger. Drink and drink . Now im in bits. Cant think, stomach in knots and hands are shaky.
    And I know this is only day one of the hangover. I still have to face the heart burn which adds to the list for day 2.

Maybe its time to stop abusing myself.

Pints with double Redbull and vodka all night. I spent over 70 euro.

BUT..

I hard a really good time
    I'm not the worst today actually, I did have a few too many vodkas though which I'm not meant to anymore.
    Thank god I don't have the shakes today.
    Did you ever get the real bad DTs where you are scared out of your mind and you see rats and spiders in your room. Then you get a heart attack as your trying to sleep and the sweats. Jesus just thinking of it now.
    I wish I never drank in my life.
    Another weekend wasted really, but there's so many friends now that I'd never see if I didn't go out for a few drinks with them at the weekends.
    I should just stay sober.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I'm only 19 and I get these deathly hangovers....... I think it's a sign....

few naggins tonight be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tool_

I'm not the worst today actually, I did have a few too many vodkas though which I'm not meant to anymore.
    Thank god I don't have the shakes today.
    Did you ever get the real bad DTs where you are scared out of your mind and you see rats and spiders in your room. Then you get a heart attack as your trying to sleep and the sweats. Jesus just thinking of it now.
    I wish I never drank in my life.
    Another weekend wasted really, but there's so many friends now that I'd never see if I didn't go out for a few drinks with them at the weekends.
    I should just stay sober.

Hanging together myself today and have taken a couple of tramadol and having a couple of cans now to take the edge off. The restless nights are the worst of it for me - can handle the rest alright. Ideally I'll drink less in future when I sort a few things out but not sure I'll ever change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Really doesn't work at all. Tried that at the thursday xmas party, arrived in at about 11 after sleeping thru 2 alarms, dyin. Wasn't the only 1, but that noho stuff made no difference at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

jonnny68 wrote: »

Been using this since last December, 100% works, ive converted loads of my mates too, super stuff highly recommended
    He does swear by it,I clocked who it is just from this comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Or don't drink. That works for me.

Can't stand this "holier than thou" attitude. Not swimming also prevents drowning but wheres the fun in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

What a load of horse-shight...

Drink enough and you WILL get a hangover ....

Ridiculous thing to say ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Blondini wrote: »

What a load of horse-shight...

Drink enough and you WILL get a hangover ....

Ridiculous thing to say ............

Yeah they exist alright. I've been left in 2 day hang over hell a few times. It's the worst feeling in the world.

And yet I'm still a lush :P

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

I know this sounds a bit odd but it works for me! I suffer from terrible hangovers as in vomiting etc, but if i eat a salad before i go out i still get a hangover but no vomiting. Also other times when i come in from a night out i drink a dioralyte.. Absolute lifesaver that one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Eat well the day when you are going on the beer, good healthy dinner and loads more food before you head out. Also get as much water than your neck an hour before you go out, maybe two litres or more. When you get back home when your scuttered two pints or three pints of water and food and bye bye hangover the next day. I had to start doing this because I was getting two or three day hangovers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I find orange juice and violent anal works wonders for my hangovers

Advertisement