Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Continuum [Showcase - CA] *Spoilers!*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Summary of finale: :eek:

That is all. Now just 9-10 months to wait for that 'reason'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Very good, this show got very good recently. Hope we find out that reason early in season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Really great season finale, The show started great then some bum episodes in the middle and then a great couple of last episodes. Hopefully this season will be renewed for another couple of seasons and the writers will be able match the first season.

kagama gone was a shock and the big black dude looks to have been killed off too but probably not. I'm sure in the next season they will be introducing more characters from the future, maybe there was more people sent back in time to pave the way for Kiera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Really great season finale, The show started great then some bum episodes in the middle and then a great couple of last episodes. Hopefully this season will be renewed for another couple of seasons and the writers will be able match the first season.

kagama gone was a shock and the big black dude looks to have been killed off too but probably not. I'm sure in the next season they will be introducing more characters from the future, maybe there was more people sent back in time to pave the way for Kiera.
    jason said there were more people sent back and they were doing something already, the privateers as they were called, some fella called mr esher or something, and their probably paving the way for alecs eventual rise,

i do wonder how its gonna be swung keeping kiera staying onside with alec, knowing future him arranged the bombing, and i honestly didnt think alec had anything to do with the time travel device, i just thought he was happy to let it happen,

id say the events that kicked off in this episode will lead to spate of terrorists attacks which will require the countries of the world to spend so much money that they will go broke, leading to the corporations bailing them out and future events playing out as they should,

looking forward to season 2:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr E wrote: »
    Summary of finale: :eek:

That is all. Now just 9-10 months to wait for that 'reason'.

Yup. Once he said "And you're not gonna believe why". I was practically screaming "Don't end it there. Don't end it there." Then it cuts to black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,113 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yup. Once he said "And you're not gonna believe why". I was practically screaming "Don't end it there. Don't end it there." Then it cuts to black.

You must have seen the wrong one, because the one that I saw carried on for another 5 minutes, ah well, what a shame.:(

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Very enjoyable finale. I liked the way Kiera was unscathed after the explosion. It opens up a new story line for next season, with new agent trying to find out what her story is and freelancers running interference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sarn wrote: »
    I liked the way Kiera was unscathed after the explosion.

Her suit threw a shield up over her and Alec as the building came down. I was disappointed to lose Kagame as I found him the most interesting character. I'm sure we'll see him in some 2077 flashbacks, but I was most interested in seeing if being in our time changed him and how he and Keira would interact as the show went on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

iguana wrote: »
    Her suit threw a shield up over her and Alec as the building came down.

I know, that's what I liked. Inadvertently revealing some of her tech opens up interesting story opportunities for next season as they try and puzzle it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Some of the Liber8 characters didnt get enough build, only a couple of them are more than faces in the background. Thats pretty much the only complaint I have with it. Everything else was great. After the first episode I expected it to burn out from doing too much too soon, but it managed to keep itself going and get even better in the last few episodes.

Hopefully it will be back, ideally with more than 10 episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I was surprised Garza was still alive at the end. I only noticed her because of her creepy "Do you think I'm pretty?" when Alec was tied up.

Is Liber8 down to just Sonya, Garza and the computer guy?

Fantastic.... well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gah... another renewed show to play catch-up on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,113 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's good to hear that it's continuuming.:D

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

Glad it's renewed, it is a bit cheesy and goes off the rails in parts but I like they actually have a story line and plenty to work with for next season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/08/continuum-picked-up-by-us-network.html

Probably SyFy US as the UK channel picked it up recently. http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/08/syfy-uk-acquires-rights-to-canadian-series-continuum/

Syfy UK has closed a deal with GK-TV to acquire the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to Canadian science-fiction series Continuum. The show’s ten episode first season is set to premiere on Syfy UK in late September.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Best surprise of the summer - knew next to nothing about this and had zero expectations. What I got was a show that was quite intelligent at times and made the great decision to muddle the morals a bit by having terrorists who have a noble aim but ignoble means.

Good finale as well - left plenty of plot lines open. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nicholas Lea have a regular re-occurring role in season two, maybe also chasing down his former mentor Alec (William B. Davis in the future who tutored Lea's Krycek in the X-Files).

Also I could see Kellogg's role being pumped up next year as he grows closer to Kiera.

For season 2, I'd love to see the future stuff expanded upon (rather than just a 2 minute prologue at the start of every episode).

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/08/continuum-picked-up-by-us-network.html

Probably SyFy US as the UK channel picked it up recently. http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/08/syfy-uk-acquires-rights-to-canadian-series-continuum/

Syfy UK has closed a deal with GK-TV to acquire the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to Canadian science-fiction series Continuum. The show’s ten episode first season is set to premiere on Syfy UK in late September.

Starts Thursday 27th September at 10pm

Premiere Monday Jan. 14th on SyFy so season 3 of Being Human @ 9pm....which will be better for that show as it can get a bit more adult. Expect cuss words to be edited out of Continuum though.

Best to watch the Showcase version.

It bombed in the US ratings on Monday night :(

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/01/continuum-gets-mere-02-in-us-ratings.html

Lost Girl got the same numbers as Being Human :)
    I know Continuum already got renewed but that SyFy money sure helps....if it stays a hit in Canada it will be OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

if I remember correctly, it didn't start off the greatest, but it did get gradually better. Hopefully US audiences see that.

It bombed in the US ratings on Monday night :(

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/01/continuum-gets-mere-02-in-us-ratings.html

Lost Girl got the same numbers as Being Human :)
    I know Continuum already got renewed but that SyFy money sure helps....if it stays a hit in Canada it will be OK.
    well hopefully SYFY apply a bit of logic for season 2 and not air a SCI-FI show that already aired over 6 months ago in Canada, and dont air it on a monday night when the networks are in full swing,

this is gonna lead to issues, i really liked the show, but it did lull a fair bit mid season, and then it ended strongly, how well the show performs on SYFY will be taken into account when it comes time for a season 3 decision,

hopefully SYFY air season 2 at the same time its airs in Canada, season 2 starts around March/April so SYFY could just let it roll directly into season 2,

Production starts on season 2, also....the US ratings went up a fair bit in its second episode, word of mouth? http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/01/continuum-season-2-production-starts.html

The SeriesGuide app on Android now shows season 2 starting on Monday April 1st.

Looking forward to it actually. They threw a few curveballs in the season 1 finale, so it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah it's a show that made it worthwhile to stick with so I'll be watching the new season

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    The SeriesGuide app on Android now shows season 2 starting on Monday April 1st.

Looking forward to it actually. They threw a few curveballs in the season 1 finale, so it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Showcase officially said today it airs Sunday April 21st :)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/continuum-season-2-premieres-april-21st.html

Showcase officially said today it airs Sunday April 21st :)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/continuum-season-2-premieres-april-21st.html
    cool, im moving to Canada soon, so i should be watching that live :):)

but i dunno about ads, maybe time delay ;):D

that seems a bit lazy even for a teaser, and using such a common quote, something like "Derivatives are financial weapons of mass destruction." would have been a better quote :D or "Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man.

and is it me or did that sound like Kagame, didnt he die?? i actually cant remember,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

don ramo wrote: »
    that seems a bit lazy even for a teaser, and using such a common quote, something like "Derivatives are financial weapons of mass destruction." would have been a better quote :D or "Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man.

and is it me or did that sound like Kagame, didnt he die?? i actually cant remember,

Kagame could still be in it, as a flash back to the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 activityyup

Just found this show by chance & gave it a chance after the first episode & was rewarded ! Season ended really well & looking forward to the 2nd series already... Have been recommending it to friends that havent heard of it to.

Really liking the way Kiera seems to have already been figuring out what was going on in the future
    with the food not being distributed
    Will be good to see what way she will turn

why wouldnt they, but its kind of idiotic that they are holding it back till june when its back april 21st in canada, fair enough it will probably pull in a pretty good rating on friday night during the summer months, but i think the 2 month delay from canada will affect SYFYs ratings again for season 2,

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hadn't seen any of this before but S1 is on Netflix US now so going to have a look.

Heads up!/don't forget....season 2 kicks off this Sunday! [well, really Monday around 4am....but hey.... :=) ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Hadn't seen any of this before but S1 is on Netflix US now so going to have a look.

It starts slow, watch the whole thing this weekend- who needs a social life?! :D

Heads up!/don't forget....season 2 kicks off this Sunday! [well, really Monday around 4am....but hey.... :=) ]
    2 episode premier, happy days:):)

So, anyone check out the season 2 opener?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭squonk

So, anyone check out the season 2 opener?

Would you not give it a look and tell us what you thought? If it's a 2 part premier I'll get to it later in the week. Ive enough of a backlog after the weekend to keep me going tonight.

It's only a single episode as far as I can tell. I'll be watching tonight. :)

• Advertisement

yeah their facebook page said a 2 hour premier, yet only 1 episode aired,

Advertisement