Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FREE Breakfast Friday at McDonalds (Fri 27th)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

And the solar powered fridge to keep the milk chilled?

Can you get a fridge that runs on Buckfast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Dia1988 wrote: »
    I queued up for 5 minutes at McDonalds Temple Bar, then immediately went out and gave it to the nearest homeless person.

I felt guilty giving her such muck so went to Aldi and bought a box of fruit n Fibre, 1 litre milk and a bowl/spoon. She was delighted if not a little confused!

Why are people making crappy comments about this, it more than what some would do, fair play to him/ her,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I queued up for 5 minutes at McDonalds Temple Bar, then immediately went out and gave it to the nearest homeless person.

I felt guilty giving her such muck so went to Aldi and bought a box of fruit n Fibre, 1 litre milk and a bowl/spoon. She was delighted if not a little confused!

Fruit and fibre cereal is also muck.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Fruit and fibre cereal is also muck.

Also about 25% sugar :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

McDonalds food is nothing but glorified cardboard.

Not sure why anyone would que for free McDonalds not to mind pay for it.

Hmmm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

McDonalds food is nothing but glorified cardboard.

Not sure why anyone would que for free McDonalds not to mind pay for it.

que ? really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

que ? really

B8D6KfWCEAABdaW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Got my free McMuffin in the Ilac Centre this morning. It was gas, the queue was out the door, across the hall and into Burger King! The BK manager eventually came out and asked people to move away and queue from the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Was gonna get one of these this mornjng and saw the queue at grafton st. Walked straight on. I'll get one when I'm looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Well done to everyone who survived this ordeal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

messrs wrote: »
    I was down at kylemore road and the amount of cars going through the drive thur was crazy, so many cars in the queue - all getting them with no issues

got mine in Kylemore Road at 5.45 this morning, they threw 2 into the bag :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

tinodz wrote: »
    Well done to everyone who survived this ordeal

why did they do it?was it part of a promotion or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

McDonalds, Costa and Insomnia all mentioned in this thread.

cmon guys, we can do better than this.

support your local independent coffee shops, they are bloody everywhere!

In fairness, Insomnia is Ireland's largest, INDEPENDENT coffee franchise. At least none of the profits is going overseas.

However I will try to support smaller cafes when I can. But Insomnia Cafe was once one single cafe in a Galway book store. As a Galway local, I don't see the need to instantly abandon it now that its got so big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Insomnia coffee is now made by the same company and from the same beans as McDonald's coffee roasted in the UK.

Granted they're last company was scottish so just moved down a border into England.

That coffee shop of insomnia in galway actually started as a different name as easons were trying to create a brand, gave up and went with insomnia. Could have been Cafe Tiki similar to the same name as the roasted coffee itself.

Anyway back to the mcmuffins. I'd love mcmuffins normally but no way I was joining a long queue to save such money.

And as for prices being different in different restauarants. They're franchises as well and not all participate in the same offers, promotions or prices. Found this before when trying to use the mcdonalds app voucher at the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Why are people making crappy comments about this, it more than what some would do, fair play to him/ her,

No act is a selfless act!

The person walked off feeling good about themselves thinking they are great for doing a great thing, everything we do is a selfish act!

But fair play all the same:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

JustTheOne wrote: »

The person walked off feeling good about themselves thinking they are great for doing a great thing, everything we do is a selfish act!

...Joey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Seeing people queue up yesterday for this muck was truly depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

So many people in Stillorgan (lot of schools around!), they gave out vouchers for the same offer to be used anytime up to Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Congratulations on winning contribution to the thread award 2015:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Truly depressing??

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

JustTheOne wrote: »

That person was me and the only feeling I felt was a feeling of guilt for giving the homeless wiman a Muckky McMuffin hence why I then return and gave them a box of Fruit n Fibre, milk with bowl/spoon.

I would hope any boardsie would do the same!

No need to give money just decent food.

Advertisement