Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

morning workout with a kettlebell

• 20-04-2014 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

guys i need 45 mins work out for mrning for a 5 day kettlebell on top of 5x5 work out o i do something every day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 artengo

Im far from an expert but I believe you should not swing kettlebells every day.
    I did not come up with this theory but I bombarded several respected kettlebell trainers on facebook for info and one guy who was very kind with advice said to just do 3 times a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You'll probably find something on http://www.fitnessblender.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

45 minutes is a lot with KBs but you could do:

KB swing/push up ladder
    10 swings
    1 push up
    10 swings
    2 push ups
    Go up to 5 push ups and pyramid beck down.
    This gives you 90 swings & 25 push ups

Take 2-3 minutes rest

Then:
    10 minutes of
    8 goblet squats
    8 KB rows each side

2-3 mins recovery

Then
    10 minutes of
    5 single arm KB presses each side
    5 reverse lunges off each leg
    20s plank

You can extend all of these.
    Make the push up ladder higher, up to 10 push ups & back would give you 190 swings & 100 push ups.
    You could extend the 10 minute blocks to 15 over time

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

Loads of ideas for KB workouts at myomytv.com (in the workouts -> kettlebell workouts section obviously). They're mostly shorter than 40 mins but no reason why you couldn't add in more reps etc. Are you looking for something that's 40 mins of just kettlebells, or 40 mins all in including warmup/cooldown?

Advertisement