Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Fire [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The second season of NBC's drama series Chicago Fire will receive its UK premiere on Sky Living on Wednesday October 16th at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Loving Season 2 so far... I love the consistency of this show - there's no sub par episodes, they're all equally as good...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah, it's a show that came back feeling like it had never been away. Just good solid performances all round from the actors and writers. It's turning into one of the best procedural shows on television. If the spinoff is as consistent and of the same quality then we're going to be in for a treat.

squonk wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a show that came back feeling like it had never been away. Just good solid performances all round from the actors and writers. It's turning into one of the best procedural shows on television. If the spinoff is as consistent and of the same quality then we're going to be in for a treat.

I already love the story arcs they've got going on this season. The arsonist thing is top notch, and the informant in the ranks is great viewing.
    Can't wait to see how the addition of Otis to the Kelly/Shae living situation will turn out.
    One thing that I'd like to see ended soon is the will they/won't they between Casey and Dawson. Just get them together already and stop dragging it out.

It looks like there's a few cast changes for the spin-off (and for the better by the looks of things)... Voight and Dawson are still there, and we're also getting Patrick Flueger (The 4400) and Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill) instead of Tania Raymonde and that other dude that was in that episode with her...

I already love the story arcs they've got going on this season. The arsonist thing is top notch, and the informant in the ranks is great viewing.
    Can't wait to see how the addition of Otis to the Kelly/Shae living situation will turn out.
    One thing that I'd like to see ended soon is the will they/won't they between Casey and Dawson. Just get them together already and stop dragging it out.

It looks like there's a few cast changes for the spin-off (and for the better by the looks of things)... Voight and Dawson are still there, and we're also getting Patrick Flueger (The 4400) and Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill) instead of Tania Raymonde and that other dude that was in that episode with her...

Yup, I'm not too into the relationship stuff but I care about it more on this show than almost all others. Most shows add relationships because they have to and they drag the showy down as a result but CF revolves around them and they're handled great.

Is Dawson leaving CF to join CPD or will she continue to be cast in both shows? She's a great character so I don't want to see her leave CF.

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    Yup, I'm not too into the relationship stuff but I care about it more on this show than almost all others. Most shows add relationships because they have to and they drag the showy down as a result but CF revolves around them and they're handled great.

Is Dawson leaving CF to join CPD or will she continue to be cast in both shows? She's a great character so I don't want to see her leave CF.

Dawson's brother is on CPD

Gabriella Dawson is staying on Fire...

Her brother (whose first name I can't remember) is pretty much gonna be the main guy on PD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i have to say this show is terrible, stuck it out till the last few in the first series, tried it again with the first ep of the second, the 'action scenes' are fine the dramas bits are just so bad, this new blonde guy so obvious what he's up to

i have to say this show is terrible, stuck it out till the last few in the first series, tried it again with the first ep of the second, the 'action scenes are fine' the dramas bits are just so bad, this new blonde guy so obvious what he's up to

No accounting for taste as they say. Yes, it is obvious what he's up to but the crew aren't stupid either and have copped on and therein lies the drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just got caught up on S2 last night and I have to say, cracking season so far! So compelling! I'll have to check out Chicago PD.

Watched the first few EPS of CPD. I really like it. I hated Voight but he is growing on me. Very hard hitting first few EPS. I like the subtle crossovers with Chicago Fire. Not really in your face like CSI.

• Advertisement

I'm in total withdrawal. I hate this mid season break thing. When did they start doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

So is Kelly going to channel his inner Paul Kersey?

This show just gets better and better.

It sucks that we're losing both Katie and Rafferty in the one episode - two very good recurring characters, but will be interesting having Rebecca working at the firehouse. Speaking of recurring characters, I'm really hoping Jeff will become a regular cast member for season 3, so will be super pissed if they kill him off or something.

Looking forward to Kelly's revenge storyline.

This show just gets better and better.

It sucks that we're losing both Katie and Rafferty in the one episode - two very good recurring characters, but will be interesting having Rebecca working at the firehouse. Speaking of recurring characters, I'm really hoping Jeff will become a regular cast member for season 3, so will be super pissed if they kill him off or something.

Looking forward to Kelly's revenge storyline.

I LOVE JEFF *swoon*

eh hum

what a great episode after waiting for Soooooooooooo long! I liked Rafferty, not at first but she grew on me. Poor Ottis. He'll be lost without the girl of his dreams. I hope the Chief doesnt let your wan go. I think she would be good for him. I dont want poor Wally to be lonely. I think its a bit inappropriate that Mills asked him how his love life was going though, no?

and now I have to wait another week!!! sigh.

SarahBM wrote: »
    I LOVE JEFF *swoon*

eh hum

what a great episode after waiting for Soooooooooooo long! I liked Rafferty, not at first but she grew on me. Poor Ottis. He'll be lost without the girl of his dreams. I hope the Chief doesnt let your wan go. I think she would be good for him. I dont want poor Wally to be lonely. I think its a bit inappropriate that Mills asked him how his love life was going though, no?

and now I have to wait another week!!! sigh.

To be fair Mills has known Boden since he was born, since Boden worked with his Da, and not to mention the affair Boden had with Mills' mother. I'd say it's fair enough him enquiring.

Another week until more Fire, but at least there's a new Chicago P.D. tonight. If you haven't started watching it yet, what better time to catch up - it's equally as good and you'll already know half the cast.

To be fair Mills has known Boden since he was born, since Boden worked with his Da, and not to mention the affair Boden had with Mills' mother. I'd say it's fair enough him enquiring.

Another week until more Fire, but at least there's a new Chicago P.D. tonight. If you haven't started watching it yet, what better time to catch up - it's equally as good and you'll already know half the cast.

All caught up on PD. again the wait is killing me! I like it more that I thought I would actually! Voight was annoying in Fire, but he has grown on me. I havent been watching SVU so I might be a bit lost with the cross over. SVU is a show I wish I had kept up with. they must be on like season 20 at this stage!

I think Fire is like a WAY better version of Third Watch.

Not keen on Matt's injury storyline

I think Fire is like a WAY better version of Third Watch.

Pretty much how I summed it up

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

It's a bit too similar to Kelly's inury storyline last season.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Not sure where they are going with it. The only solution really is that he is taken out of the field, which would be a complete and utter disaster. unless he gets promoted and runs a fire house, or goes training at the academy or something. I hope Gabby kicks your wans arse. I dont like her. :mad:

• Advertisement

Not sure where they are going with it. The only solution really is that he is taken out of the field, which would be a complete and utter disaster. unless he gets promoted and runs a fire house, or goes training at the academy or something. I hope Gabby kicks your wans arse. I dont like her. :mad:

Unless they decide to get brave and kill off Casey, if he suffers another injury on the job. Season finale possibly. It'd be brave of them and I'd miss Jesse Spencer (I've always liked him as an actor), but the show would survive without him. His storylines are usually the weakest. And especially now that Herman has passed his Lieutenant exam, there's someone to take his place on the team waiting in the wings.

Unless they decide to get brave and kill off Casey, if he suffers another injury on the job. Season finale possibly. It'd be brave of them and I'd miss Jesse Spencer (I've always liked him as an actor), but the show would survive without him. His storylines are usually the weakest. And especially now that Herman has passed his Lieutenant exam, there's someone to take his place on the team waiting in the wings.

but I dont want Casey to die :(:(:(:(

but I dont want Casey to die :(:(:(:(

It's unlikely. I don't think the producers are brave enough to go down that road just yet. Merely a thought I had.

It's unlikely. I don't think the producers are brave enough to go down that road just yet. Merely a thought I had.

Phew! :o

Cant wait to watch Chicago PD now, but will have to wait til tomorrow. :(

Phew! :o

Cant wait to watch Chicago PD now, but will have to wait til tomorrow. :(

Same. Stupid meeting first thing in the morning, otherwise I would've stayed up (one of the few perks of unemployment)

Same. Stupid meeting first thing in the morning, otherwise I would've stayed up (one of the few perks of unemployment)

ya, sometimes I wish I could take like a month off work and college so I could catch up on all the awesome telly I seem to be missing.

my run through's are on stand-by til exams are over in May. I think I might just take a wk off and vegetate in front of the telly. there just arent enough hours in the day!!!

ya, sometimes I wish I could take like a month off work and college so I could catch up on all the awesome telly I seem to be missing.

my run through's are on stand-by til exams are over in May. I think I might just take a wk off and vegetate in front of the telly. there just arent enough hours in the day!!!

I have no idea how I'll cope once I get back to work. The idea of having to wait until after work to get my fix of the Chicago Fire gang is horrifying.

I have no idea how I'll cope once I get back to work. The idea of having to wait until after work to get my fix of the Chicago Fire gang is horrifying.

first world problems, eh?:rolleyes:

That was simply a great 40 minutes of TV! It's one of the best episodes of any show I've seen this season. They've been fairly focused on what they're doing, clearing the decks with Katie and Rafferty. I'll miss Rafferty. She was growing on me and loks to have bowed out before her time. Perhaps she might be back? I wonder if Dawson might have another crack at the academy thus enabling Rafferty back in? Katie is impossibly cute so I'll be sorry to see her leave but I think she kind of had short stay written all over her! Rafferty though looked like a stayer.

I love how this show started life in a fairly good state in that, for a first few episodes of a new show it was consistent and above average but has now turned into a behemoth of TV quality. CPD looks to be going the same way. Voigt is great on that show though, like other posters here, I was't a fan on Fire.

I thoght while watching that they might desk Casey. I suppose though it's an added tension point, we know he could explode at any time. I've enough faith in the production team to hold out and reserve judgement for now but it struck me as being similar to last year's storyline too.

I am so looking forward to the next episode though. I want it to be next week alreayd! I want more damnit!!!

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention - I've really loved the addition of Molly's. It's great being able to see all the firefighters (and on occasion the PD crew) gathered outside of work socially, and because 4 of the employees at 51 own the thing, it never seems forced that everyone hangs out there.

Advertisement