Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

supersets

• 18-04-2014 12:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

what are they and how do you do them.
    lets say its chest day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Supersets are where you pair two exercises and complete them back to back, almost in a circuit.

So if it was chest day, one superset could be
    A1 Chest fly
    A2 Push ups

And you repeat the exercises for the number of sets you're doing and the number of reps e.g. 3 x8 for each would mean you would do A1 8 times followed by A2 8 times and then repeat x3.

However, I'm no expert but I think I'm right in saying usually they say to superset opposing muscle groups or opposing motions i.e. like a push and a pull.

I usually alternate muscle groups for supersets. So if it's chest and tris day I could do the chest fly then dips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Here's a bunch of short 20min intense workouts, one for each of the major muscle groups. most of these workouts contain supersets. Watch the videos and they'll give you a good idea of what supersets are...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fast-20-minute-workouts.htm

Advertisement