Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best anti-inflammatory cream for ACL tear?

Options
  • 15-04-2014 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

In a lot of pain with a tear to my anterior cruciate ligament. On Nurofen to reduce inflammation, codeine for the pain, tiger balm, arnica tablets, ice etc.

Never found Voltarol any good in the past...anyone able to give any opinions on good anti-inflammatory creams that I might find useful?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

ice. no kidding, get as much as it on as you can in 20 minute bursts throughout the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

00sully wrote: »
    ice. no kidding, get as much as it on as you can in 20 minute bursts throughout the day.

I know it's meant to be excellent and I'm doing it right now but it feels so, so stiff afterwards it's unreal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

What did your doctor recommend?

Did your physio agree?

How about the surgeon?

Anyone prescribe anything?

Hanley wrote: »
    What did your doctor recommend?

Did your physio agree?

How about the surgeon?

Anyone prescribe anything?

Doctor and physio both prescribed a combination of what I listed in my original post.

I just someone on here might know about something else that is good. Went to chemist yesterday to get a second tube of voltarol and they told me it's the strongest available and does the same as difene gel which is on prescription and more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Doctor and physio both prescribed a combination of what I listed in my original post.

I just someone on here might know about something else that is good. Went to chemist yesterday to get a second tube of voltarol and they told me it's the strongest available and does the same as difene gel which is on prescription and more expensive.

Diclac is Irish made voltarol, cheaper. Not sure about potency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Dermighty wrote: »
    Diclac is Irish made voltarol, cheaper. Not sure about potency.
    Bad luck with the tear its a long road ahead for you!
    From experience 3 acl tears! ice and elevation is the only way to reduce the swelling it will subside after a few weeks!
    Stay off it as much as you can until swelling has subsided!

Bad luck with the tear its a long road ahead for you!
    From experience 3 acl tears! ice and elevation is the only way to reduce the swelling it will subside after a few weeks!
    Stay off it as much as you can until swelling has subsided!

You're not the first to tell me it will be a long road, such a pain in the a**.

I'm finding it hard to elevate it over heart level, even when I'm lying down using a combination of pillows and cushions. Any suggestions to make the elevation easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

You're not the first to tell me it will be a long road, such a pain in the a**.

I'm finding it hard to elevate it over heart level, even when I'm lying down using a combination of pillows and cushions. Any suggestions to make the elevation easier?
    To be honest I'd just sprawled out on couch and lobbed the leg onto someone jumbo sized cushions

Advertisement