Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lads will yez stop!

Caus if we all get our hopes up and we don't win, there'll be the biggest depression in here :P

I am going to enjoy our current position and scream this team over the line.

If we fall short so be it, but this season is a massive success on so many levels for me and 3rd spot will/would be brilliant.

but I will also get joy from all those in glass houses trying to fúck big rocks at us if we do fall short :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If you can't get excited and carried away about winning a title when your top with 6 games to go there's something wrong
    Enjoy it lads we have waited long enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I am going to enjoy our current position and scream this team over the line.

If we fall short so be it, but this season is a massive success on so many levels for me and 3rd spot will/would be brilliant.

but I will also get joy from all those in glass houses trying to fúck big rocks at us if we do fall short :pac:

Sums up my outlook on it. I am scutting out of the back of the 'We're going to win the league' bus, ready to climb aboard but I still have this expectancy that it will all come apart at some stage.

Will it be disappointing if that happens?...of course it will but when you take a step back and realise what this team have achieved you can't be too disappointed...and I won't be giving any of those waiting in the wings for Liverpool to stumble any material to **** over if it does happen.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm not sure if it has been posted here but the postcode of Anfield is very fitting after yesterday.

L4 0TH

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

this calendar year we have won 11 out of 13 with 2 draws, scoring 44 times conceding 16. The team has been stellar in the wins against Arsenal, United and Spurs esp. I just hope to god Kolo isn't remembered for THAT pass costing us the title.
    What BR has done at Anfield is nothing short of astonishing.

I'll look back at his first few games where he was outstanding, in particular at Villa Park where he had Benteke on lockdown. Crouch came off the worse in their duel in the season opener too. He came in as 4th choice CB and going by everyone at the club, he has been such a positive influence on much of the team. All the players and Rodgers have all talked highly of him.

On the other hand, for me, I can't help but look back at be horribly salty over the referee decisions go against us in the couple of the big games in December, ie: the appalling offside call early on vs Man City with Sterling clear through. I know we scored soon after before having a 15 minute meltdown and conceding that second goal at a horrible time in stoppage time of the first half, and it's all very much if's and but's, buuuut potentially going 2-0 up at their place, would they have gone on to win? Who knows, but I think it's doubtful they'd have done so.

Chelsea, well they played well on the day, but we got bent over and shafted by horrible officiating.

We came away with nothing, when we could, should and would have got a point out of both games I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

If you can't get excited and carried away about winning a title when your top with 6 games to go there's something wrong
    Enjoy it lads we have waited long enough

Carried away with what? Being top of the league is not exactly something to get carried away about when things are so tight.
    Excited - of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

We came into this season with nothing, expecting very little other than to push for 4th spot and at that had we finished 5th it would have been an improvement on last year.

I'm just going to enjoy the next 6 games and see where we end up.

As has been already said I won't be leaving my hands out to be slapped by anyone.

If we qualify for the Champions League it will be job done and a great season.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ..and I won't be giving any of those waiting in the wings for Liverpool to stumble any material to **** over if it does happen.

the gas part is I have read on a number of threads things like 'go over to the LFC thread they have the league won already' etc etc

but for the life of me I cant/have not seen any posts to suggest this.

its like some need to build up the excitement of us failing even before we get excited about winning it ourselves.

We're back motherfúckers - we are well and truly back :D

For all the talk of Johnson and Agger being terrible, Sunderland apart Johnson has been really good i think since his return, and despite all the games Agger has missed he has played in 8 out of our 10 clean sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

top 4 was the target and achieved. I'm sure scared there will be a feeling of failure if Liverpool dont win the league.

As i said before, beat West Ham and Man City then I'll start believing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

5starpool wrote: »
    For all the talk of Johnson and Agger being terrible, Sunderland apart Johnson has been really good i think since his return, and despite all the games Agger has missed he has played in 8 out of our 10 clean sheets.

You would have to be scared of Agger & Skrtel against the aerial bombardment to come from West Ham next weekend though.

We've giving Champions League football to Luis Surez please God.

No lets go give a title to Steven Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

slingerz wrote: »
    top 4 was the target and achieved. I'm sure scared there will be a feeling of failure if Liverpool dont win the league.

As i said before, beat West Ham and Man City then I'll start believing.

Rodger's said before the season started that his target was to "Have Liverpool in the conversation" at the business end of the season.

He's certainly achieved that with flying colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think Kolo's performances at the start of the season and what he has brought to the team outweigh one poxy mistake.

the gas part is I have read on a number of threads things like 'go over to the LFC thread they have the league won already' etc etc

its like some need to build up the excitement of us failing even before we get excited about winning it ourselves.

Talking about us in other threads? As a Liverpool fan I find it hard to believe that level of obsession exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I think Kolo's performances at the start of the season and what he has brought to the team outweigh one poxy mistake.

Was outstanding against Arsenal in the 5-1 win too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

djPSB wrote: »
    Was outstanding against Arsenal in the 5-1
    win too.

Best part was when he missed the open goal and ran back laughing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Lads will yez stop!

Caus if we all get our hopes up and we don't win, there'll be the biggest depression in here :P
    Hopes should always be up! No different now than three years ago.
    Blind faith FTW!!

Also is everyone forgetting the colossus of Liverpool that was Andy Carroll? Spent more time on the ground than he did on his feet, hardly a worrying target man. Have Gerrard man mark Nolan and they have no goal threat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Also is everyone forgetting the colossus of Liverpool that was Andy Carroll? Spent more time on the ground than he did on his feet, hardly a worrying target man. Have Gerrard man mark Nolan and they have no goal threat.

You are tempting the jinx.

Carroll is the best striker in the league and we will do well to hold him to three goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

turning point in the season for me is the lucas injury against aston villa. We have won 10 and drawn 1 of our 11 games since then our away form has improved massively and we have hammered arsenal, spurs, everton and utd.
    A midfield 3 of Lucas gerrard and henderson wouldnt have got those results I feel. Gerrard is far better than lucas as DM. Henderson is more effective than gerrard in the role gerrard was being asked to play and coutinho or sterling are far better than henderson as the advanced midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

The positives about Toure really do outweigh the negatives. From his performances earlier in the season to his effect in the dressing room and around the younger players. He was brought in to be a squad player and has seen more games then he's able for at his age in my opinion. When he first joined he said he was filling the Carragher role of being the experienced defender and I think he's done enough in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Well, one contributor changing his handle to "OurYear" and another suggesting the club will apply for a medal for Luis Enrique because he's only played 7 times stand out in the last two pages.

Congrats thus far on an excellent season and lots of great attacking football, but bear in mind The Billionaires at Middle Eastlands are still 4/7 in the bookies for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Players are required to have made 10 appearances in a club's first team to qualify for a medal.

Clubs must submit an application for additional medals to be awarded to players who have not reached this tally.

from Here

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/minimum-games-played-in-order-to-win-league-medal.html

Jose has only played 7 ,but I imagine the club will apply on his behalf

We should have been putting Carra in the squad and throwing him on in the last minute for the past 4 games.

2 more goals and Suarez is joint top scorer in a PL season (31)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Crazy to think we're 12 goals away from hitting 100 goals in the league:eek: Only 1 team (Chelsea) has done it in Premiership history. Too right we can believe we can win the league this year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

We tried, but thanks for bringing him up again.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Well, one contributor changing his handle to "OurYear" and another suggesting the club will apply for a medal for Luis Enrique because he's only played 7 times stand out in the last two pages.

Congrats thus far on an excellent season and lots of great attacking football, but bear in mind The Billionaires at Middle Eastlands are still 4/7 in the bookies for a reason.

Where? Just glanced at a load of European and US based books, and they're offering a shade under evens (4/5 generally) for City to win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We should have been putting Carra in the squad and throwing him on in the last minute for the past 4 games.

2 more goals and Suarez is joint top scorer in a PL season (31)

I think, knowing how competitive Carra is, and the integrity of the man for things like this, he'd hate the idea of being 'gifted' a medal, somewhat.

I don't think he'd have any regrets, really. Not unless he thought he could have played 20-30 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Knex. wrote: »
    I think, knowing how competitive Carra is, and the integrity of the man for things like this, he'd hate the idea of being 'gifted' a medal, somewhat.

I don't think he'd have any regrets, really. Not unless he thought he could have played 20-30 games.

Yeah, I'd agree. It'll be the single biggest regret (only one I'd say in fairness) if the title does happen from a fans perspective imo though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Crazy to think we're 12 goals away from hitting 100 goals in the league:eek: Only 1 team (Chelsea) has done it in Premiership history. Too right we can believe we can win the league this year :)

I bet Norwich can't wait to see Suarez again. He could break that record in that game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Where? Just glanced at a load of European and US based books, and they're offering a shade under evens (4/5 generally) for City to win the league.

4/7 on Bet365 according to http://www.goal.com/en/news/2994/betting/2014/03/31/4721112/manchester-city-still-odds-on-favourites-for-the-premier?ICID=CP_109

I can't access betting sites in work but I'd imagine it's accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Knex. wrote: »

His interview in the times pretty much said that yesterday!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    His interview in the times pretty much said that yesterday!

Might take a look at that, actually. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

turning point in the season for me is the lucas injury against aston villa. We have won 10 and drawn 1 of our 11 games since then our away form has improved massively and we have hammered arsenal, spurs, everton and utd.
    A midfield 3 of Lucas gerrard and henderson wouldnt have got those results I feel. Gerrard is far better than lucas as DM. Henderson is more effective than gerrard in the role gerrard was being asked to play and coutinho or sterling are far better than henderson as the advanced midfielder.

This is also true. However I can't help but feel sorry for Lucas as he developed in to such an important player for us but results speak for themselves we are much more effective set up the way we are currently. Great squad player to have anyway.

O and I reckon bar suspension the battle between Toure and Gerrard when we play City will be unreal. Gerrard will be like a man possessed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I've been singing the "We are Liverpool, lalalalala" chant all morning in my head in work.

4/7 on Bet365 according to http://www.goal.com/en/news/2994/betting/2014/03/31/4721112/manchester-city-still-odds-on-favourites-for-the-premier?ICID=CP_109

I can't access betting sites in work but I'd imagine it's accurate.

I only use Oddschecker for the European mostly based ones.

d0a2916cd2480bd3b7a873fd272f76be.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

:D Do you know when he changed that, even better do you know what he was called previously ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

8 games ago we were 8 points behind Arsenal :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

mike65 wrote: »
    You could blame Rodgers for a terrible set up against Villa or the same error against Soton at home or Hull away. It would be harsh to fix on one player.

Or you could blame the players also in those games for a lack of intensity and quality, given that we have played with the same system against Spurs, Arsenal and Everton and handsomely won all 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just to continue the good vibrations this Afternoon:)

Liverpool's ascendancy/United's Downfall

Do you also recall that in that game bringing Lucas on at half time was what allowed us to regain our shape and get something from that game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »
    I said it

Liverpool will get at least a CL spot and are my 4th favourites for the league.

However, they're 8 points behind Arsenal and 7 behind City with a lot of football to play. Suarez is in unbelievable form and will probably win player of the year. Liverpool have the three above them all at home and the easiest run in.

Its not impossible and they have a good chance, but I won't be rushing to the bookies with the mortgage
    Point taken lads. I still think you have a chance the way Suarez playing and the remaining fixtures.

Back to the game... We're shiite!!! :-(

Yee laughed at me back in January! Top of the league, well done

Yee laughed at me back in January! Top of the league, well done

Fair play.

Just dug up my own thoughts at the time... This is prior to the Everton 4-0 game. Lolz
    Tomorrow night will really sway perspective for a lot of people, I feel.

If we lose and then don't sign anyone in the remaining days, I'm not sure I could hack this place. Everyone will be fuming, and rightly so.

My money is on a draw.

Also, I'm worried for the rest of the season. A lot of people say we have an easier schedule, I'm not so sure.

You're never guaranteed points against the top teams, home or away. The fact that we have them all to play at home, United aside, doesn't give me reason to cheer. Equally, the fact that most of our games against the "lesser" opponents, for want of a better term, are now all away from home, doesn't inspire me.

We've been really good at Anfield over the last 12 months, and so were reliable against those teams in terms of regularly picking up the 3 points. I can't see us playing them all away now with similar success.

I genuinely do worry about us tailing off, and if we don't sign anyone in the next 3-4 days, I worry even more so. This Everton game is massive, as confidence and momentum can help paper over the cracks, which has been the case so far this season, really.

Pleasantly surprised, would be one way of calling it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Just to continue the good vibrations this Afternoon:)

Liverpool's ascendancy/United's Downfall

Good article. It actually makes it all the sweeter this season seeing them fall apart as we move on to better things.:) You know they'll be back when they rid themselves of Moyes but for the moment it is utterly brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Sterling 'v' Spurs (Outstanding)

Absolutely top drawer yesterday, still can't get over how strong he is. I'm very excited about where the future brings him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

8 games ago we were 8 points behind Arsenal :eek:

And now 7 ahead

A 15 point swing, pretty remarkable tbh

:D Do you know when he changed that, even better do you know what he was called previously ;)

and before that again. I remember he used to drive a Rig ;)
    Absolutely top drawer yesterday, still can't get over how strong he is. I'm very excited about where the future brings him.

I really hope he plays himself into the Brazil WC team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Hard to believe that 4th place seemed like an impossible dream at the start of the year, spurs seemed ahead of us, Arsenal looked like they might win it all for a while, city and chelsea were playing a different game altogether and Utd were champions. I thought we'd get 5th or 6th spot and BR would be fighting for his job.

Delighted to be wrong. Not sure what the precise turning point was? Will take any kind of win against the hammers, absolutely anything. Last minute pen, anything, just keep us dreaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is it just me or is everyone excited to bump into a fellow Liverpool fan and just talk and talk about winning the league? All morning I have been talking about Liverpool, no work been done but luckily the boss is a bigger supporter than any of us so he won't shut up either.

Please hurry up Sunday! :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement