Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Are soccer republic showing Utd vs Blackburn today

Yes they are but only if you have eicom broadband here is a link to the match.

http://soccerrepublic.eircom.net/setanta/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Anyone else having a problem with their Tring Plus subs today? I'm just getting a test card saying "Broadcast Upgrade Please Wait" on the four sports channels. Every other Saturday I get the football without any problems, so is there something genuinely up with Tring or will I be heading to the supplier on Monday to find out why my Tring Plus sub has been downgraded to just a Tring sub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Johnmb wrote: »
    Anyone else having a problem with their Tring Plus subs today? I'm just getting a test card saying "Broadcast Upgrade Please Wait" on the four sports channels. Every other Saturday I get the football without any problems, so is there something genuinely up with Tring or will I be heading to the supplier on Monday to find out why my Tring Plus sub has been downgraded to just a Tring sub?

All over the net - very weird

Manc-Red wrote: »
    All over the net - very weird
    Ah, at least its not just me then. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Yep, same here, getting the broadcast upgrade test card on the 4 sports channels. I had a look at the alsat forum and was waiting for all the mods to come on and do their usual: "Well we have it here, there must be something wrong with your TV!" No word from them yet, I fear the worst now, the 3pms may be gone just like Digitalb 2 years ago. I really hope not though. Looks like I will be renewing my Sky Italia afterall!!

Johnmb wrote: »
    Ah, at least its not just me then. Thanks for the reply.

Apparently..... The deal was only for terrestrial channels with Tring.

Could be wrong there but I'd say they've been nabbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see the thread about this matter has been deleted in alsat forum

thats strange

Headshot wrote: »

thats strange

I'd say its good night Tring.

Sorry for the guys who bought that card I am.

If it is gone, darkman will be rightly ****ed

• Advertisement

If it is gone, darkman will be rightly ****ed

By all means, if thats the case the man wouldn't dare try it again.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

thats strange
    Wow! Good show.

If it's not there, it didn't happen :D

I'd say its good night Tring.

Sorry for the guys who bought that card I am.
    It is a shame, hopefully though it is just a one-off problem (fingers crossed!). Just before they deleted the thread on the Alsat forum (what a shower of w*nkers! I don't expect them to be able to do anything about it, but to try to pretend nothing is happening makes me glad I don't deal with them, and guarantees I never will!), I noticed a poster confirmed that the early match was fine, so it might just be the 3pm matches that are affected. If that's the case, €280 for a years worth of the other matches isn't a complete loss, especially compared to what Sky charges.

byte wrote: »
    Wow! Good show.

If it's not there, it didn't happen :D

nothing to see here, move along :D

Apparently..... The deal was only for terrestrial channels with Tring.

Could be wrong there but I'd say they've been nabbed.

Never heard that before, is there a link anywhere to that info?

thats strange

Nothing strange about that, Alsat have been doing that for years, they censor anything and anyone that slightly criticises them, North Korea eat your heart out!

byte

Another thread was closed
    Alsat wrote:
    When we know what's happening, we will tell you.

Closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Just checked out the tring forum, the admin locked a thread and said ''When we know whats happening, we will tell you.''.

Sorry to anyone who bought it if it is gone :(.

Finne1993 wrote: »
    Never heard that before, is there a link anywhere to that info

Not on the net, from a friend called Ragnarok who posts on L'js and DS.

Extremely trust worthy source.

Its very funny looking at the alsat forum, they're deleting and closing threads like mad, they'll shut down the site next! :D

Finne1993 wrote: »
    Its very funny looking at the alsat forum, they're deleting and closing threads like mad, they'll shut down the site next! :D

Thank god for L'js - Fun & games tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Can always fall back on the amazing spiderbox with "free gift" I wonder how the providers and the relevant authorities are looking on at the free gift....

• Advertisement
    byte

Can always fall back on the amazing spiderbox with "free gift" I wonder how the providers and the relevant authorities are looking on at the free gift....
    I have been wondering how they managed to get away with the Gift++ thing for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

apparantly this is what people are seeing instead of their footy. didnt miss much today! well actually yes you did 7-1 united excellent match! ;)
    do feel sorry for you guys with cards hopefully only temporary problem. maybe they are looking at improving their feeds but i have a feeling it is something more

[IMG][/IMG]
    irishchris wrote: »
    apparantly this is what people are seeing instead of their footy. didnt miss much today! well actually yes you did 7-1 united excellent match! ;)
    do feel sorry for you guys with cards hopefully only temporary problem. maybe they are looking at improving their feeds but i have a feeling it is something more

th_tring.jpg?t=1290877036

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

[IMG][/IMG]

th_tring.jpg?t=1290877036
    cheers mate only realised i posted wrong screenshot :D

darkman speaks
    Tring today has strat brodcastion problem....for the footy for all Albania and out site too...

In my confirmation they says they have problem with their Antena to ketch signal from British Telecom some big problem there...I have no idea what really happents but we have to wait for update ...I can not gave more info for momment ..I just says what brodcasters people inside told us...

Soon we will have more news...

Is not alsat fault if brodcaster has problem please be patience.
    http://alsat.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=336068

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Title and contents of his post has changed now to this:
    Offical Announcmet from TRING OPERATOR
    Te Dashur Kliente ,ju kerkome ndjese per gjithcka qe ndolli sot nga Mengjesi i dites 27-11-2010 deri ne keto momente...

Ndeshjet e Fotbollit nuk u transmetuan per arsye Teknike per shkak sepse nje nga Antenat DOWLINK-UPLINK nuk ka funksinuar me u lidh me British telekom per marrjen e evenimenteve Sportive .

Te gjithe klinetet do kompesohen me 2 jave exta tek abonimi i tyre.

TRING

Dear Costumers . We apologise for inconveniences that happens from this morning ,date 27-11-2011 until now.

We had problem to transmit all footy today for technical problem with broadcasting with one of our Dow link-Up link is connect with British telecoms to get transmission.

All Costumers will me compensate with 2 weeks extra in their subscription.

TRING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'd imagine that the "free gift" is the excuse the FA will use to strip Tring of its 3pm rights.
    Its ridiculous that the Dark one can blatantly and publicly plug his "free gift" as well as sell Tring subs.Its a conflict of interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

He turns off the free gift on tring at 3pm on Saturdays on the spiderbox. Well he used to anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Zardoz

He turns off the free gift on tring at 3pm on Saturdays on the spiderbox. Well he used to anyway
    He was advertising this today.
    Tring Plus Football in Service+ Saturday 3PM EPL

Spiderbox will have even another big package on footy 3PM Satirday in Eutelsatw2 16east
    TRING PLUS Avalble in Service+ Exclusive to Spiderbox only...

Today was supposed to be the first day of Tring + :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

God that Alsat forum is just a laughing stock to be honest...

What happened to the day that forums were places to express your views!

I have been banned off it for a while for even telling the truth!!

Can't see Darkman getting away with the gift for long more!

• Advertisement

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    God that Alsat forum is just a laughing stock to be honest...

What happened to the day that forums were places to express your views!

I have been banned off it for a while for even telling the truth!!

Can't see Darkman getting away with the gift for long more!

Listen I was banned for nothing too, Its a crock of sh*t & I hope that Tring is indeed barred from showing 3pms - so that shop cant make loads of money of decent punters in the future.

When it happened once with Digitalb, that was me finished with cheap cards.

Twice I hope will have every one doing the same thing.

Listen I was banned for nothing too, Its a crock of sh*t & I hope that Tring is indeed barred from showing 3pms - so that shop cant make loads of money of decent punters in the future.

When it happened once with Digitalb, that was me finished with cheap cards.

Twice I hope will have every one doing the same thing.

Stop and the mods are awfully bias too... Oh well i have nothing to do with them anymore!!

What happened with Digitalb again??

Ya i know i had thought of getting Tring + too but the pix quality was a no no for me!

I also got stung on digitalb and I had a spider****e, I got rid after 4 months.

Stop and the mods are awfully bias too... Oh well i have nothing to do with them anymore!!

Ya i know i had thought of getting Tring + too but the pix quality was a no no for me!

Digitalb was not allowed to show 3pms.... Fair Enough...

The problem was that Alsat said on its forum to all the punters that the 3pms would be back Live from November 1st last year.

This of course was bulls*it of the highest order that left alot of us furious.

With digitalb they promised everyone there would be sat 3pms for the season. Around the same time as this the 3pms were dropped, never to return again. Darkclown kept promising them back. Never happened

I also got stung on digitalb and I had a spider****e, I got rid after 4 months.

Crap sub & a crap receiver, I'd say they made an absolute killing out of them.

Digitalb was not allowed to show 3pms.... Fair Enough...

The problem was that Alsat said on its forum to all the punters that the 3pms would be back Live from November 1st last year.

This of course was bulls*it of the highest order that left alot of us furious.

Aw the dirty shower........

I don't like DM at all to be honest..

I wouldn't trust him...

I have the Spiderbox 5000sd...

And the support for it is pretty ****e...

Wouldn't mind a Sky It or Ger sub...

Nova looks quite a savage sub for the prem but a bit extreme in the price range!

talking about DigitalB, i ****ing love to have that supersport package back again

:(:(

Better be careful manc, wasn't he threatning to disembowel you?:D

• Advertisement

Would be quite happy if that terrestrial only theory was true!!

He was selling those tring+ cards pretty cheap for a while like..

He's defo making a mint...

Better be careful manc, wasn't he threatning to disembowel you?:D

LOL! - Even he wont start that crap if this goes pear-shaped lol

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

not just gone on spider, i have a tring plus card and there was no footy today or yesterday. well there was just no 3pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

There were questions been raised over the possibility of Cyfra+ pairing cards with receivers on other satellite forums this week. I really hope this does not come to pass as I am a subscriber to and I know many other boards members are also subscribers and if cards had to be paired to specific crapppy boxes. The appeal of Cyfra would be much less.

http://www.maldiviandigital.com/f2/cyfra-denies-pairing-cards-89010/

"CYFRA + denies pairing cards

2010-11-26 1:15:20 p.m. / Jacek Grzeszczak
    Last updated: 2010-11-26 2:06:58 p.m.
    Source: C +
    With the introduction of the new HD decoder Sagemcom by CYFRA + satellite platform, appeared on the web about pairing cards with decoders used. CYFRA + indicates that the pairing has not introduced cards with decoders Sagemcom HD. It should be noted, however, that in order for the card has been activated in collaboration with the HD decoder Sagemcom, it must have other rights, which takes a little longer than other types of decoders work with CYFRA + cards.

Activated with decoder cards Sagemcom HD work in all other receivers, and vice versa - the cards that have received permissions to any other receiver (for today it's all the cards that were used), will be active in Sagemcom HD decoder.

Activation of the decoder card Sagemcom HD is unusual because it takes about 40 minutes and should be made to the channels with the frequency 10.796 GHz, pol. V, SR 27500, FEC: 5 / 6; DVB-S/QPSK)."

taken from above link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Would a Cyfra branded CAM overcome this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,579 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Crap sub & a crap receiver, I'd say they made an absolute killing out of them.

From someone who has owned in excess of 100 receivers over the years I'd have to strongly disagree with you.

You couldn't actually own one, if that is your opinion?

Leaving aside it's network capabilities, it is as solid as they come for a hd receiver around the 200 euro mark.
    I have the Spiderbox 5000sd...

And the support for it is pretty ****e...

Really, they release a patch and upgrade roughly once a month, I don't know what your used to but in my experience that is unparalleled support??? :confused:

• Advertisement

Come on like grand for the hd boxes but the sd box support isn't good...

They keep saying CCAM is in working order with all forms but its not..

CCAM 2.1.1 is the only compatitable one..

The patches they have produce have been pretty pointless, haven't patched my reciever since august...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭denis1501

Agree totally Boggles, You can think what you like about Darkman and his gift but the Spiderbox HD is a good receiver for the price. Aside from the picture quality, which is great, it has many other excellent features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,579 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Come on like grand for the hd boxes but the sd box support isn't good...

They keep saying CCAM is in working order with all forms but its not..

CCAM 2.1.1 is the only compatitable one..

CCAM is hit and miss at the best of times, too many dependent variables.

Not going to discuss it but your dealing in the shady wild west at the best of times with any sort of server sharing.
    The patches they have produce have been pretty pointless, haven't patched my reciever since august...

Really even the latest one? :confused:

I've owned some boxes where I have had to wait 4-5 years for some form of firmware update.

The Spiderbox is an absolute quality receiver, have completely turned my back on my beloved collection of TMs since I took ownership of two over a year ago.

Boggles wrote: »
    CCAM is hit and miss at the best of times, too many dependent variables.

Not going to discuss it but your dealing in the shady wild west at the best of times with any sort of server sharing.

Really even the latest one? :confused:

I've owned some boxes where I have had to wait 4-5 years for some form of firmware update.

The Spiderbox is an absolute quality receiver, have completely turned my back on my beloved collection of TMs since I took ownership of two over a year ago.

Ya CCAM is pretty solid on the Dreamboxs though..

Oh i love the box adn wouldn't get rid of it for the world!

The gift and PVR function is what i really like it for!

Pretty user friendly too!

Just think it can be improved in places but for the money you can't go wrong!

3pms not working again on Tring, looks a slightly different issue than last week, this time its just saying access denied or no subscription, looks like the Tring Plus update for the 3pms was'nt activated, its doomed now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement