Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do old people annoy you?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

oh man. this thread is so ****ed up! i can't believe it, i honestly can't, and i'd thought the internet had made me immune to this kinda emotion! but ****! arrgh! i can't believe it, i genuinely can't. ive worked wtih a lot of old people in my time, and i think there's only one who i've wished an early grave for. some of the ****ing coolest, most interesting people ive met were wehn i was caring for the elderly, not to mention some of their perspectives and experiences, and attitudes literally chaning my own life perspectives, and prompting me to do things i'd've never done otherwise.

ahh, **** ye. ye'll be stuck with it someday. personally, i just hope i can still embrace life the way some of the old people i've met could.

froo-froo, your mistake here is a rookie one.
    The internet is not serious business. Relax. They be trollin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

i hate walking behind old people when u cant pass them out for whatever reason and i hate driving behind them

seriously.. WHAT the **** are you doing driving 30 in a 50 zone where everyone drives like 50/60ish!

thats my one major pet hate while driving

other then that i love old people .. they have fascinating stories of life and everything man

iv learnt and laughed alot off my old old fella hes great and i hope he doesnt die
    but he will eventually

JUST LIKE EVERYONE HERE!"?!!?!!!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

if someone on crutches/heavily pregnant was on the bus would you give up your seat even though it's not your fault they are on crutches/heavily pregnant?

manners dictate you should.

and the older you get, the more the old bones tend to ache. energy supply is down, sleep is usually more needed, and your body doesnt work as well as it used to. only good manners to allow someone who needs it more to have your seat.
    I would give up my seat but sometimes there are more deserving people for the seat.But what really gets me is when they sit down and put the trolleys where the wheelchair/prams go and wont move if someone gets on needing that space.Also talking about manners they should get some and then more people would give them the seat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I was on the train last week and some young guy, unprompted, got up and give his seat to an eldely woman who had just got on...even though he was with his friends and all.
    I thought it was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

You haven't experienced anything until you've gone to mass!

Being shouldered while exiting the church! Mary and Barney pulling a double team, while talking about the weather of course, and preventing you getting around them so you can take more than one step every 4 seconds. Coughing onto the back of your neck while they are kneeling behind you (and you're sitting).

The most annoying thing, though, is when they expect other people to hold the door open for them and it slams into them (while they are discussing the weather with Barney) and then they give the nearest young person the dirtiest look possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement