Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV Show Recommendations *NO DISCUSSION*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Condor

Seasons 1& 2 currently on Sky Box Sets

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6510950/

Haven't watch the series but highly recommend 3 Days Of The Condor

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Elmo wrote: »
    Haven't watch the series but highly recommend 3 Days Of The Condor

The show is based on the original book and movie screenplay. I must give the movie another watch - it's been years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Title: Teachers TV Series (2001–2004)

Cast: Ursula Holden Gill, Gillian Bevan, Lloyd McGuire - James Corden and Kara Tointon are in S1. Huge turnover of cast.

Genre: Comedy drama

Description: follows the exploits of school staff both inside and out of the classroom.

Watch this if you like: The Inbetweeners, Derry Girls, Friday Night Dinner, The Young Offenders

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280330/

YOU TUBE:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭thatsmighty

The Terror

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Halfway through Industry and enjoying it so far although it bit needlessly graphic in places. The rotten tomatoes critics consensus sums it up well I think "Though Industry's social critiques tend toward the superficial, sharp writing and an excellent ensemble make it easy to enjoy its soapy workplace drama anyway."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Just finished Deutschland 83 on All 4. Excellent, would highly recommend it. Will probably start Deutschland 86 later on. Have watched the opening episodes of both The Americans and The Man in the High Castle over the last week. Not sure whether I’ll persevere with both/either. If I was to choose one it would probably be The Americans.

If anyone knows where to get Deutschland 89 I’d appreciate it. I asked on the Line of Duty thread, but the mods clamped down on discussions of other shows there, which is fair enough. 89 doesn’t seem to be on All 4. Thought I saw it on Prime, but when I looked again couldn’t find it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

trashcan wrote: »
    If anyone knows where to get Deutschland 89 I’d appreciate it
    Keep an eye on RTÉ 2. It should show up a little later on Channel 4. As long as they are still selling it to terrestrial channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

dont know if its been recommended before but i found psych on amazon. currently found it on peacock, via vpn. frothy nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Keep an eye on RTÉ 2. It should show up a little later on Channel 4. As long as they are still selling it to terrestrial channels.

Cheers.Just finished 86 this evening. 89 coming to All4 on 26th or 27th of this month. I’d highly recommend. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Paths to Freedom is on Youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

The godfather of Harlem - 93% on rotten tomatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Mr Inbetween adverts cropped up on stuff I was watching on Fox League, so I started watching, it's brilliant.

I've only watched the first season so far but it's excellent.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Mr Inbetween adverts cropped up on stuff I was watching on Fox League, so I started watching, it's brilliant.

I've only watched the first season so far but it's excellent.

Mr inbetween is brilliant

The internet isn’t for everyone

Just finished the three lots of Deutschland, very good and well worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dingle1969

I am currently rewatching The Sopranos. Without doubt the best tv series ever made. Anyone who likes tv has to watch this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I've started third season of Gomorrah - had to take a break half way through season 2. It's a bit too real at times without much in the way of humour which Sopranos has plenty of.

Anyway it's a tale about drug gangs in Naples, bit like The Wire for realism. Subtitles required. Great TV

Just finished dr death, wasn’t sure what to expect and I was really gripped by the story

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I can definitely recommend Hacks...ploughed through all 10 episodes...delighted to hear Season 2 on the way. Jean Smart is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Top notch TV show. Definitely filling the gap until succession season 3.

I’m watching devils at the moment and I’m enjoying it so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Reservation Dogs - upbeat TV show about the lives of young native American's. A comedic view at the often less than easy lives they live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This is Taika Waititi's latest show. I'm looking forward to it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Doesn't disappoint, hope it runs for several seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Would highly recommend The White Lotus and also Hacks as someone else mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I had never heard of Mr inbetween so thanks for the recommendation. It is indeed brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭billyhead

Agree. He's a real cool dude.i love his sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Where does one find Mr. Inbetween? Tried amazon, sky Atlantic and netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Same here but watched the whole three seasons based on the post here - excellent show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I need help with the name of this show.

It is a comedy and there was a female character who appeared in one episode who spoke so gently and quietly that people could barely hear her.

I’m certain it wasn’t a movie and that it was a one time appearance.

As I type I’m think it was Brooklyn Nine-Nine but I can’t find a match on Google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Title: American Rust

Cast: Jeff Daniels, Maura Tierney, Alex Neustaedter, Mark Pellegrino, Rob Yang

Genre: Drama

Description: American Rust explores the tattered American dream through the eyes of complicated and compromised chief of police Del Harris in a Rust Belt town in southwest Pennsylvania. When the woman he truly loves sees her son accused of murder, Harris is forced to decide what he's willing to do to protect him.

Links: American Rust (Official Series Site) Watch on Showtime

Watch this if you like: Philipp Meyer's Book, Slow burning crime drama,

Advertisement