Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Yeboah wrote: »
    Michael Noonans lunchtime comment re mortgage interest relief being phased out at end of year for FTBs will surely have people trying to get deals done by end of the year...Interest relief would make some difference to me and will keep the wolf from the door hopefully
    fingers crossed the right place comes around sooner in light of this. I wont be panic buying, id have bought by now in that case, but its more pressure than id like

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

folan wrote: »
    fingers crossed the right place comes around sooner in light of this. I wont be panic buying, id have bought by now in that case, but its more pressure than id like

im lucky enough to be getting keys next week but was under pressure last year as it was originally getting cut to 15 % and then the house fell through..Lucky enough we will get it now but nowone should panic buy although id hate for people to find a lovely place and contract or other issues delaying the purchase till next year. As you said more pressure that people didnt really need

• Registered Users Posts: 4 midterrace

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank you all for the information contained in this tread it has been a great help to me while I have been going through the mortgage process. Big thanks to Killers1 in particular for all great insights. Just wanted to let you all know I went through a broker and got approved for 132000 mortgage with AIB on (41 grand salary). I received the keys a couple of weeks ago. The whole thing took approx 3.5 months.

One interesting thing that did happen was that the bank looked at the pictures online of the house and came back with questions on the amount of work required (all cosmetic from pictures) and how we were going to pay for it. We had already carried out survey on their request. The broker hadn't come across this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Villa05

Michael Noonans lunchtime comment re mortgage interest relief being phased out at end of year for FTBs will surely have people trying to get deals done by end of the year...Interest relief would make some difference to me and will keep the wolf from the door hopefully

One of the most disturbing statements on this thread and a sign that we have learned nothing from what has destroyed our country.

If you are depending on MIR to help, you should not be buying. MIR is a subsidy to the seller not the buyer (i.e. it prevents the house from falling to its true value and the buyer ends up paying more than they would have if the subsidy did not exist)

MIR runs out after 7 years (could be earlier depending on future budgets), at that point your mortgage repayments will re-adjust upwards. In 7 years you may well have additional expenses, such as kids, interest rates may also have increased from their current record lows. Remember just before the crash, the ECB rate was at 4.5%, on current bank markup that would put your interest rate at between 7 & 8%.

As taxpayers our resources have been exhausted in keeping the wolf from the door up to this point. The wolf always comes back when the meal is easier to obtain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

Villa05 wrote: »
    One of the most disturbing statements on this thread and a sign that we have learned nothing from what has destroyed our country.

If you are depending on MIR to help, you should not be buying. MIR is a subsidy to the seller not the buyer (i.e. it prevents the house from falling to its true value and the buyer ends up paying more than they would have if the subsidy did not exist)

MIR runs out after 7 years (could be earlier depending on future budgets), at that point your mortgage repayments will re-adjust upwards. In 7 years you may well have additional expenses, such as kids, interest rates may also have increased from their current record lows. Remember just before the crash, the ECB rate was at 4.5%, on current bank markup that would put your interest rate at between 7 & 8%.

As taxpayers our resources have been exhausted in keeping the wolf from the door up to this point. The wolf always comes back when the meal is easier to obtain!!!

MIR is worth circa €150 a month to me... €150 euro is the difference to me between paying the mortgage comfortably and being very cautious with my spending. Its a lot of money to me and it goes a long way, maybe not to you. Maybe i was a bit dramatic about the wolf from the door comment but i was just empashising the magnitude of MIR to lower paid people trying their best to get a place of their own. Its not people like me who have destroyed this country. I have an opportuinity to buy now with my partner a property we couldnt afford in the good times and i have took it. And you dont know my or anybody elses circumstances at the moment referring to kids etc. I have friends in Dublin who will spend €150 tonight in coppers and flannerys and not remember spending a cent, Il be using it as relief for my mortgage and a roof over my head. Im no financal expert as you seem to be but if you think Michael Noonans performance yesterday was anything but dangling a carrot for prospective buyers to get on the property ladder than i find that naive.Also i think the word "disturbing" is a little harsh for this thread...maybe use words like that on the threads about serial killers and paedophile priest. Sorry if its people like me who ruined this country and sorry if i disturbed you.

• Advertisement

even 100 euro a smonth in MIR adds up, it can easily afford another monthly mortgage payment. while keeping the wolves from the door is probably more hyperbolia than anything else, you cannot deny the difference such a sum makes in the current economic climate. to be loosing that helping hand for any of us ftbuyers is a serious threat. it will hlep many of us cover fuel expenses over the coming year, pay for petrol or transport costs, keeping us at work.

its also made a massive differnece to many of my friends who were doing great during the boom years, who have been continually hit over the past few years.

to suggest that those of us looking for MIR, and keeping it in mind as an incentive and not as a method of paying for a larger and more extravegant mortgage, is a falicy. MIR doesnt even come into most of our discussions when we have been querying repayment amounts and budgetting, its a short term bonus for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

As I get older I am beginning to realise the stereotype that Irish people are a bit thick exists for a reason. I have no doubt the vast majority of people have learned nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

MIR is worth circa €150 a month to me... €150 euro is the difference to me between paying the mortgage comfortably and being very cautious with my spending. Its a lot of money to me and it goes a long way, maybe not to you. Maybe i was a bit dramatic about the wolf from the door comment but i was just empashising the magnitude of MIR to lower paid people trying their best to get a place of their own. Its not people like me who have destroyed this country. I have an opportuinity to buy now with my partner a property we couldnt afford in the good times and i have took it. And you dont know my or anybody elses circumstances at the moment referring to kids etc. I have friends in Dublin who will spend €150 tonight in coppers and flannerys and not remember spending a cent, Il be using it as relief for my mortgage and a roof over my head. Im no financal expert as you seem to be but if you think Michael Noonans performance yesterday was anything but dangling a carrot for prospective buyers to get on the property ladder than i find that naive.Also i think the word "disturbing" is a little harsh for this thread...maybe use words like that on the threads about serial killers and paedophile priest. Sorry if its people like me who ruined this country and sorry if i disturbed you.

If a 150 euro is the difference between being comfortable and broke, then you can't afford to take out a mortgage.

You would have to be insane to take out one if things are that tight.

House prices will go down further if no incentives for buyers, wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

As I get older I am beginning to realise the stereotype that Irish people are a bit thick exists for a reason. I have no doubt the vast majority of people have learned nothing.
    That's only Irish ppl living in Ireland. The get up & goes have got up & gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

res ipsa wrote: »

Not to Australia it seems! :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056686480

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

res ipsa wrote: »

Not to Australia it seems! :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056686480
    The working holiday vermin will be back within a year when oz has sucked all their savings out if them.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Hi All,

We got mortgage approval from BOI back in April and put our booking deposit down on the house we want to buy at the end of May. That was five weeks ago and nothing has moved on. BOI have asked for more recent bank statements and payslips as the original ones we submitted are "too old" (they were from Sept 2011 - March 2012).

We have done this and now BOI are querying why my actual gross salary on my payslip doesn't equate to what's on my salary cert. My broker has explained that it's because I'm currently taking parental leave at one day per week - Killers1 do you know if this is likely to affect whether or not we will actually be able to draw down the mortgage now or not?

Husband earns €60k per year guaranteed, plus an additional €10k commission (not guaranteed).

I'm a public sector worker earning 37K but this comes down to €30k when you take off the parental leave (which is a set amount of 70 days, taken at my own discretion, with my employer's consent) i.e. so it's not forever and once it's finished, I'll be back on my regular €37k salary which will increase again in a few months time, when I get my next increment.

We have an existing tracker mortgage on a 3 bed two-storey apartment in North Dublin, 20 minutes from the city centre and pay about €950 every month (including TRS calculation). We plan to rent this out and had estimated to receive rental income of €1100 per month, however the bank have adjusted this to €1000 :rolleyes:

We have savings of €30k (€13,500 from consistent monthly credit union savings over the past number of years, €9k from a gift and €7500 saved in the bank in the last six months).
    We have no other loans and our credit card is at zero (previous to this we pretty much paid it in full every month, or near enough).
    We have all the usual bills every month, including childcare costs of €780 per month however this will no longer be the case when we move, as the grandparents will be minding our child.

The house we want is €230k so we're looking for a mortgage of €207k which was offered to us by BOI back in April. Should I be worried that they're requesting more statements and payslips and are querying my parental leave? Our broker has said it'll be tight....what do you think Killers1?

Just an update - looks like this will go through and the loan offer will be issued at the end of next week. However - the latest now from BOI is that they won't accept the six months-worth of AIB e-statements that show our bank accounts from Sept 2011 - March 2012. Even though these statements were used to determine our original mortgage approval and BOI have had these for three months now.

Once again, I'm just at a loss to explain why they can't clarify all their requirements upfront to save time (and money). We already had to go back to AIB to request statements for the last three months - why couldn't they have told us three weeks ago, when we were getting these statements, that the previous six months-worth of statements weren't acceptable.

AIB were shocked when I told them. It's costing €2.54 per page to get these statements reprinted. Ahhh rip-off Ireland is still alive and well.

So just to make people aware - e-statements are no longer accepted by BOI. When getting bank statement organised for mortgage approval - ensure you request official statements direct from your bank and cancel e-statements -if this is how you have it set up - so that you won't be charged for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Villa05

We have an existing tracker mortgage on a 3 bed two-storey apartment in North Dublin, 20 minutes from the city centre and pay about €950 every month (including TRS calculation). We plan to rent this out and had estimated to receive rental income of €1100 per month, however the bank have adjusted this to €1000

Hi Funnyonion, Is the mortgage on the apartment with BOI or AIB and are you aware that you will loose the tracker rate, when the apartment is rented (I'm assuming it was purchased as a residential and not BTL) TRS will also go and the mortgage rate will switch to BTL mortgage which can be substantially higher. Has your mortgage broker advised you of this?

Was there any attempt to sell the apartment prior to obtaining a mortgage for a house? and if so did the bank block it because of negative equity?

I hate to be coming across as being so nosy, but from your post you have been very open and honest in you dealings. I am not so sure the banks and Mortgage broker have been so quick to inform you of all the implications of this transaction. There is alot to be concerned about this, it is very 2006'ish

Edit: PS the practice for charging for bank statements after you have signed up for e-billing (which saves the banks considerable amount)should be reported to the national consumer agency, A practice you would expect from the lowest of the low and should give you an indication of who you are dealing with for the next XX years should you draw down this mortgage

We have an existing tracker mortgage on a 3 bed two-storey apartment in North Dublin, 20 minutes from the city centre and pay about €950 every month (including TRS calculation). We plan to rent this out and had estimated to receive rental income of €1100 per month, however the bank have adjusted this to €1000

Hi Funnyonion, Is the mortgage on the apartment with BOI or AIB and are you aware that you will loose the tracker rate, when the apartment is rented (I'm assuming it was purchased as a residential and not BTL) TRS will also go and the mortgage rate will switch to BTL mortgage which can be substantially higher. Has your mortgage broker advised you of this?

Was there any attempt to sell the apartment prior to obtaining a mortgage for a house? and if so did the bank block it because of negative equity?

I hate to be coming across as being so nosy, but from your post you have been very open and honest in you dealings. I am not so sure the banks and Mortgage broker have been so quick to inform you of all the implications of this transaction. There is alot to be concerned about this, it is very 2006'ish

Edit: PS the practice for charging for bank statements after you have signed up for e-billing (which saves the banks considerable amount)should be reported to the national consumer agency, A practice you would expect from the lowest of the low and should give you an indication of who you are dealing with for the next XX years should you draw down this mortgage

Hi Villa05,

I appreciate your input and in answer to your questions:

We never tried to sell the apartment prior to this. We would be in negative equity, although not by too much, as we bought just before prices went crazy - but I don't want to sell it and make a loss if I don't have to. We want to move to a house to have a garden, be closer to family etc, but we don't HAVE to move, as the apartment is the size of a three bed house and is big enough for our needs.

Buying a property is one of the biggest purchases I'll ever make so I am in no hurry to offload it. I am happy to rent it out and perhaps have it as an investment for my children in the future or perhaps look to sell it in about ten or twenty years.

The mortgage on the apartment is with KBC so they are not aware that we will be renting it out and I'm not going to tell them either. I have checked all of my mortgage documents and it mentions nothing about losing the tracker, should we change from our PPR to renting it out. When we bought the apartment, KBC was trading as IIB Homeloans - that is the only reference to a "homeloan" that I can find in all of my documentation. The documentation keeps referring to a "mortgage" and mentions nothing about residential or terms and conditions if I change to an investment property.

So many people are defaulting on their mortgages, are renting off the books etc so I've decided that not telling KBC is the only thing I'm not doing above board and am going to take the chance that they won't bother to check, as long as my mortgage continues to be paid.

I'm aware we will lose the TRS credits when I rent it out but it's the revenue that I have to inform about this - the bank just follow their instructions so I would think it's unlikely to be flagged.

That's certainly a good idea about reporting AIB/BOI to the Consumer Agency regarding the statements issue. The new mortgage is with BOI and their policy is not to accept e-statements.

This may/may not be fair enough but it does raise a concern as to why we are all being encouraged to use Internet e-statements, online billing etc, if these are not actually deemed to be valid documents and in my situation for example - I have to pay extra for "valid" statements. It's AIB though who are scandalously charging the €2.54 per page of statement - this is a joke in this day and age!!

Perhaps clarity needs to given with regards to the legalities around e-statements so that either they are valid documents and MUST be accepted by everyone or else they're not and people should actually be opting for postal bank statements instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eddie2008

Hi Funnyonion, we are going with boi too and are about to drop in eStatements tomorrow. Argued and argued that it would cost us to get originals so my advisor said he knew of the issue and would accept them. But he's not the underwriter.... AIB said that if they don't accept them, bring them to my branch and get them certified (stamped) and it won't cost penny.

Good luck, we're in same position as you, a second mortgage for a family home

Eddie2008 wrote: »
    Hi Funnyonion, we are going with boi too and are about to drop in eStatements tomorrow. Argued and argued that it would cost us to get originals so my advisor said he knew of the issue and would accept them. But he's not the underwriter.... AIB said that if they don't accept them, bring them to my branch and get them certified (stamped) and it won't cost penny.

Good luck, we're in same position as you, a second mortgage for a family home

Eddie, AIB offered to do the same for me and said they'd stamp/verify the e-statements at the branch but BOI refused to accept these also. So I don't know if you should risk it. Like I said - back in March when we applied for mortgage approval, they gave it to us, based on our e-statements but now that we actually want to draw down the mortgage, the BOI underwriter won't accept them - hence us having to go back and order reprints and pay for the privilege.

Just letting you know - they are unreal and will question every single thing. Also, if you get the approval, do not buy a stick of furniture for your house until you have their cheque, as they don't like to see you spending any money before you draw down the mortgage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 heltipp

killers1 wrote: »
    heltipp wrote: »
    Anyone have any knowledge with a leasehold property. The house i am trying to buy is leasehold now the sellers have gone to the council and have acquired a deed of transfer which makes it a freehold i think which is great for me. But this needs to.be lodged to the labd registry before i can sign contracts and move on and this hasnt happened yet and i am in a panic over it. They seem to think the council should do it and the council arent really forthcoming. Any guidance or knowledge of how it works would be great

Sounds like the vendor needed to get permission to sell the house (ex-council house?). This is fairly common and there shouldn't be an issue, just might take a bit of time to have the paperwork in order waiting for the council to give the vendors solicitor the go ahead.

killers thanks for your reply. vendors got permission from council. they now need to register the propery with land registry. it a first regstration but this is taken time. my solicitor said once she receives a folio number we can proceed with sale

also we have contined to save even though we have all the deposit etc but were going to withdraw some for when we off during summer. is this a good idea or really bad. will we have to give more statements when.we drawing down money

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭bambam26

Hi,

Is anybody on here getting there morgage tru Ulsterbank, i was due to draw down this week to close on Friday, have been told that this is very unlikely due to the IT problems. Talk about a disaster, i have booked next week off work, arranged furniture deliveries, servise instalations ect

• Registered Users Posts: 43 heltipp

bambam26 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is anybody on here getting there morgage tru Ulsterbank, i was due to draw down this week to close on Friday, have been told that this is very unlikely due to the IT problems. Talk about a disaster, i have booked next week off work, arranged furniture deliveries, servise instalations ect

mine is with ulsterbank. not at drawdown stage yet unfortantlu. god i would go mad its some mess. how have you found them so far

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭bambam26

heltipp wrote: »
    mine is with ulsterbank. not at drawdown stage yet unfortantlu. god i would go mad its some mess. how have you found them so far

Other than a bit of mis communication ( which in fairness was me not understanding things fully ) they have been really good to deal with, not the quickest with coming back with answers tho but when they do they explain thing fully.

Just hope to god they sort out there issues ASAP so i can get it all signed and done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 stressederic

Hi all,

Wondering if anybody has any advice. We put an offer in on a property back in April, it got accepted. We're FTB and told the EA that we wanted a quick sale. He said no problem, the seller would be able to move when we were and we should be in mid June. We got is surveyed, valued etc. We have given notice to landlady where we are renting at the mo and have furniture and that ordered for new place. We signed contracts at beginning of June but they still havent signed their contracts so it is not binding. I have just found out that the reason they havent signed is because where they are buying is going through probate. Surely I should have been told this from the start. I have no idea how long this will take. I am constantly being lied to by Estate Agent and their solicitor keeps ignoring mine. Where do I go from here????

Any advice appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 debbiermcd

Hi,

We've agreed on a sale but having had a survey done a couple of areas came up that are going to cost; drains, structural damage to a shed, some work to be done around boilers, etc.

Drains need further investigation but wondering if it's normal procedure for the vendor to cover cost of same?

Also, the shed was listed in description but needs to be either repaired or knocked - is it the norm to negotiate on something like this too?

Thanks, D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 thos007

Have just closed on our new house. Had been renting the same house for a number of years and then our Landlord had to put the house on the market. Put us in an awkward situation. Do we move and continue renting or try and buy? I'm married with two children and one income so wasn't sure whether I would get approval or not. I had been following various property threads here on boards and reading a lot of good advice that was being shared. When we received the letter from the landlord about selling the house I contacted by PM one of the people giving the good advice. You know him as "Killers1" and most of you will have guessed that he works in the mortgage/broker business. Contacting him was the best move I made in the whole application process. We spoke on the phone and I gave my financial details. As like other posters here on boards I got the same dedication, commitment and excellent advice. In the end we got the best mortgage deal possible at the lowest rates, and completely stress free. After the process I've been through I cannot recommend highly enough his free broker services. Thanks to Boards for giving us this platform to share information and especially thanks to Killian or "Killers1" as we know him.

congrats thos007.

Weve decided on a bid recently, and have gone in lower but with the helping hand of wnating a really quick turn around.

however, im uslter bank, and have no idea whats happening in my account over the past fortnight (i cant see if DDs have gone out or payments come in on time). had me thinking of anyone who might have lost out on a place because of an inability to get deposits etc out, or get up to date balances etc for applications. Must be frustrating and has me a little worried!

if the offer is accepted, at least we have another savings account that could most of a booking deposit, but we will cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

Anyone able to tell me if theres any protection around being gasumped after sale agreed? im pretty sure there isnt, but would like to be completly sure before i move forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi, just a quick question, I am trying to get the letter of offer and other documentation signed off but I need to meet with the mortgage advisor before I do so as I am unsure of a few things. I got the documentation nearly a month ago and you only have 30 days to get it in before the offer lapses. However last week the bank I am dealing with got flooded and is now 'closed until further notice' according to their voicemail. I left voicemails on the phones of the 2 people I was dealing with and also sent them emails but the offer lapses this Friday so I am anxious that If I don't get the documentation in before then I will have to apply all over again and I really don't want to have to do that - as they could change the amount they offer me then couldn't they??

Would they give an extension on the 30 days in this instance do you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 BRIDGE27

Hi folks.

Looking foe a bit of advice really...We are in the process of buying our first home, we had the mortgage pack sent out to our solicitor after 2 weeks when dealing with BOI. Also we have applied for a mortgage with AIB....5 weeks ago...they have offered us the mortgage in principle but are an absolute nightmare to deal with..lack of communication from them is awful I have to ring them to get updates or we hear nothing. They told me I had all the info in that they required..when I rang a week later..they wanted something else etc..but they never call. Now that I have provided everything, the next step is to get my property valued? With BOI you only get the property valued if you decide to go with them..with AIB you must get the property valued by them before they'll offer the full mortgage (provided there is no problem)..I am really at my wits end with them. BOI variable rates are a little higher at 3.48% to AIB 3.24%, but it works out at €50 month cheaper on the repayments...not sure what to do really.

Have anyone encountered similar problems and have you any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

BRIDGE27 wrote: »
    Hi folks.

Looking foe a bit of advice really...We are in the process of buying our first home, we had the mortgage pack sent out to our solicitor after 2 weeks when dealing with BOI. Also we have applied for a mortgage with AIB....5 weeks ago...they have offered us the mortgage in principle but are an absolute nightmare to deal with..lack of communication from them is awful I have to ring them to get updates or we hear nothing. They told me I had all the info in that they required..when I rang a week later..they wanted something else etc..but they never call. Now that I have provided everything, the next step is to get my property valued? With BOI you only get the property valued if you decide to go with them..with AIB you must get the property valued by them before they'll offer the full mortgage (provided there is no problem)..I am really at my wits end with them. BOI variable rates are a little higher at 3.48% to AIB 3.24%, but it works out at €50 month cheaper on the repayments...not sure what to do really.

Have anyone encountered similar problems and have you any advice

Use a valuer who is on both banks panels and they'll usually do a report for each bank for you for no extra cost. You can then have a loan offer issued from BOI and if the AIB one comes through go with that one, otherwise use the BOI one. If you want to PM me details of the property I'll give you contact details of a local valuer on both panels.

leahyl wrote: »
    Hi, just a quick question, I am trying to get the letter of offer and other documentation signed off but I need to meet with the mortgage advisor before I do so as I am unsure of a few things. I got the documentation nearly a month ago and you only have 30 days to get it in before the offer lapses. However last week the bank I am dealing with got flooded and is now 'closed until further notice' according to their voicemail. I left voicemails on the phones of the 2 people I was dealing with and also sent them emails but the offer lapses this Friday so I am anxious that If I don't get the documentation in before then I will have to apply all over again and I really don't want to have to do that - as they could change the amount they offer me then couldn't they??

Would they give an extension on the 30 days in this instance do you think??

Just sign the loan offer acceptance with your solicitor and ask them to return it to Head Office before Friday. You'll then have a further couple of months to drawdown the loan & sort out whatever other queries you have.

folan wrote: »
    congrats thos007.

Weve decided on a bid recently, and have gone in lower but with the helping hand of wnating a really quick turn around.

however, im uslter bank, and have no idea whats happening in my account over the past fortnight (i cant see if DDs have gone out or payments come in on time). had me thinking of anyone who might have lost out on a place because of an inability to get deposits etc out, or get up to date balances etc for applications. Must be frustrating and has me a little worried!

if the offer is accepted, at least we have another savings account that could most of a booking deposit, but we will cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

Anyone able to tell me if theres any protection around being gasumped after sale agreed? im pretty sure there isnt, but would like to be completly sure before i move forward.

From the time you have an offer accepted to having to sign contracts and pay the contract deposit is generally around 1 month so the UB issue shouldn't cause you any problems. If you have difficulty accessing the booking deposit just explain the situation to the EA and you wont have any problems.

In relation to gazumping there is no protection for the buyer even after you sign the contracts! Not until your solicitor receives signed contracts back from the vendor are they committed to selling you the property and this generally only happen close to the proposed closing date.

• Advertisement

thos007 wrote: »
    Have just closed on our new house. Had been renting the same house for a number of years and then our Landlord had to put the house on the market. Put us in an awkward situation. Do we move and continue renting or try and buy? I'm married with two children and one income so wasn't sure whether I would get approval or not. I had been following various property threads here on boards and reading a lot of good advice that was being shared. When we received the letter from the landlord about selling the house I contacted by PM one of the people giving the good advice. You know him as "Killers1" and most of you will have guessed that he works in the mortgage/broker business. Contacting him was the best move I made in the whole application process. We spoke on the phone and I gave my financial details. As like other posters here on boards I got the same dedication, commitment and excellent advice. In the end we got the best mortgage deal possible at the lowest rates, and completely stress free. After the process I've been through I cannot recommend highly enough his free broker services. Thanks to Boards for giving us this platform to share information and especially thanks to Killian or "Killers1" as we know him.

Hi Thos007
    Many thanks for your kind words, very much appreciated and I want to wish you & your family all the very best of happiness in your new home.
    Thanks
    Killian

Advertisement