Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Tea - Energy

Options
  • 23-10-2014 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I work out regularly ~ 3-4 days/week gym - which would include over an hour cardio session and 45mins on resistance training -weights.

Keeping fit is a passion of mine and recently I've been feeling a slight slump in my fitness regime! Energy levels are not as they used to be and i'm feeling a little bit more tired (perhaps it's the change in season!).

My diet hasn't changed and I drink lots of water pre, during and post workout! Someone has mentioned to be to drink green tea...??

Essentially, I'm just looking for some ideas on how to boost my energy levels! I hit the gym after work, I could never drag myself out of bed early enough to go in the wee hours of the morning!

Thanks in advance for any feedback :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ElecKtrA wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I work out regularly ~ 3-4 days/week gym - which would include over an hour cardio session and 45mins on resistance training -weights.

Keeping fit is a passion of mine and recently I've been feeling a slight slump in my fitness regime! Energy levels are not as they used to be and i'm feeling a little bit more tired (perhaps it's the change in season!).

My diet hasn't changed and I drink lots of water pre, during and post workout! Someone has mentioned to be to drink green tea...??

Essentially, I'm just looking for some ideas on how to boost my energy levels! I hit the gym after work, I could never drag myself out of bed early enough to go in the wee hours of the morning!

Thanks in advance for any feedback :cool:
    Article here for you on matcha tea

I used it and what I noticed was I didn't feel as weary going home in the evenings - I used to have a cup of it if I had training or a match. I wouldn't notice anything along the lines of an energy boost as such but it's quite good for you so I try to drink it regularly as part of my diet

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

D'Agger wrote: »
    Article here for you on matcha tea

I used it and what I noticed was I didn't feel as weary going home in the evenings - I used to have a cup of it if I had training or a match. I wouldn't notice anything along the lines of an energy boost as such but it's quite good for you so I try to drink it regularly as part of my diet

Hey,

Thanks for that! Where can I buy it? Health stores? It appears to have lots of great properties indeed :D

lilysteashop.ie is where I've purchased green tea before so it's the only place I can recommend really - perhaps others might have better alternatives though.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

if you make the switch from regular tea to green tea it will definitely have health benefits for you. However if you want to use green tea as an actual supplement for fitness then its going to have to be 6 - 8 cups a day or taking the extract in tablet form to get enough of the most active ingredient EGCG. i do both using these tablets, good value

http://ie.bodybuilding.com/store/bodybuilding-supplements/green-tea-extract.html?_requestid=2467561

Perhaps somebody could clarify this for me actually - but can green tea or its extract have negative health effects - my uncle has diabetes I believe and while it may have been lost in translation, I thought I heard somebody in my family saying he was told to not drink as much green tea as he had been.

He had initially been drinking it to help alleviate health problems and now just prefers it!

I would recommend starting with match OP - before going for supplements - see how you get on and if yoy feel you it up a notch later, then do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

D'Agger wrote: »
    Perhaps somebody could clarify this for me actually - but can green tea or its extract have negative health effects - my uncle has diabetes I believe and while it may have been lost in translation, I thought I heard somebody in my family saying he was told to not drink as much green tea as he had been.

He had initially been drinking it to help alleviate health problems and now just prefers it!

I would recommend starting with match OP - before going for supplements - see how you get on and if yoy feel you it up a notch later, then do so

It's possibly to do with the the effect of tannins on the absorption and consequently the effectiveness of some medication.

It's just a balancing act as it's considered quite good for diabetes.

It also reduces the absorption of iron if that's an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

It's possibly to do with the the effect of tannins on the absorption and consequently the effectiveness of some medication.

It's just a balancing act as it's considered quite good for diabetes.

It also reduces the absorption of iron if that's an issue.

Interdasting.

Never knew that about tannins.

Advertisement