Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL42W829B + 5 years Warranty + Free Bluetooth Sound Bar €700

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

I bought the 50" black 829 from Powercity, they were the only ones in Dublin with stock at the time.

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

Delofan, how did you sort all those channels to keep the ones you want? Did you simply delete the unwanted ones to reduce the clutter? Thanks in advance.

Delofan wrote: »
    I can confirm that you can receive all the above channels plus hundreds more by just plugging your Sky dish in. I also have an aerial and here in Donegal I receive Saorview and Freeview channels also.

One point to note is that the guide works well with saroview and freeview where all the station listings are refreshed but not with freesat where the listings come up one at a time..

It's 1099 and comes with the soundbar.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Delofan

Delofan, how did you sort all those channels to keep the ones you want? Did you simply delete the unwanted ones to reduce the clutter? Thanks in advance.

I mainly use Freeview and Saorview but when I was tuning the satellite stations I selected the free ones. This left out all the paid for channels. There are still 349 there but I haven't deleted any yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Am also after the kdl55w829 or w905. Just saw the kdl 55w829 cheaper @ http://www.sherwoods.ie/product/tvs/sony/kdl55w829bbu/son-kdl55w829bbu
    Cheaper than power city, with free sound bar & 5year warranty. Has anybody dealt with Sherwoods before? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 test012345

peaceboi wrote: »
    Am also after the kdl55w829 or w905. Just saw the kdl 55w829 cheaper @ sherwoods.ie/product/tvs/sony/kdl55w829bbu/son-kdl55w829bbu
    Cheaper than power city, with free sound bar & 5year warranty. Has anybody dealt with Sherwoods before? Thanks

it's € 1394.95 @ powercity after instant tv cash back offer, to get this offer add the tv into the basket....

same one my friend has pre-ordered for € 1150 @ sonycentre letterkenny on 15th, don't know still they offer the same price....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭castlewhite

interested in the 42 at the special offer, is there any Sony shops left in Dublin? I know some where operated by Peats under franchise but are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

If anyone has picked up one of these, I'd be interested to hear their experience playing files via dlna. Some early reviews suggested this is a weak point - great picture but flaky networking. Am also looking at Samsung UE48H6670 which I suspect (based in prior experience with Samsung) has solid dlna but inferior picture... Decisions decisions...

• Advertisement

Thanks test012345......finally rang the Letterkenny store & ordered the 55w829. Really helpful staff, tv, sound bar+ 5yr warranty+ free delivery to Dublin 1190euros. Checked few UK websites also, most of them selling for £1200. & cheaper than powerciry too. They said they also had the 50inch for 980euros.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I asked a number of retailers and those who were confident of their information confirmed that there is no difference between the 815 and 829 other than colour of the tv.

I just noticed the black 50W829 at Powercity has now fallen in price from €1099 to by €1049.95 & it's just a week since I bought it!

I've recorded a number of short videos from satellite channels & did not have a problem playing them back. I use an external 3.5" hard drive not powered by the TV.

My TV's firmware updated when I was setting it up for the first time and now has the latest version installed.

I'm using a 500gb Toshiba usb drive which you have to register first in the settings. It gets formatted and can only be used in the Sony TV. After recording a few items I was unable to play them back as I was getting a message "There are no items to display" When I tried to record another program I got a message to say the disk is full even though only 1% was used.

I found a sort of workaround which is to switch off the tv, unplug it from the mains (don't just switch the main socket off) leave it unplugged for a minute and when you switch back on the tv there is a 50/50 chance that the recordings will show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭genek

I have pre-ordered 50" myself for € 930 @ sonycentre letterkenny and got a call today and I expect it delivered on Wednesday. As somebody mentioned Paul the owner I presume, fantastic person to deal with.

For those who purchased the 50" TV and received the sound bar, what model is your sound bar?

Apparently there are two models of the sound bars, the HT-CT60 (no bluetooth & NFC) and the HT-CT60BT (with bluetooth+NFC).

Powercity's site clearly mentions the HT-CT60BT sound bar. I trusted that and the fact that every retailer I checked offers the bluetooth sound bar, and did not bother to check the model number when I bought the TV. I only became aware it did not have built in bluetooth when I went to use it over the long weekend. A google search then revealed Sony makes 2 versions of the sound bar.

I called Powercity & their customer support says I've received the right one, the HT-CT60, which does not have bluetooth, even though their site shows the HT-CT60BT as part of the package.

So I thought I'd ask, what soundbar have you received with your TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭castlewhite

I bought the 42 from currys ( blanch) on Sat, it came with the Bluetooth model of the Soundbar.
    In their 42 on display there was no mention of the Sony Soundbar incl in the package but when I questioned this with the Salesperson , he said it was included!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Not cheap from reading the forums. And I can't seem to find one to buy online. Has anyone a link?

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-bravia-kdl42w654-wall-bracket-size-type-bet-none-can-answer/td-p/1322550

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Delofan

For those who purchased the 50" TV and received the sound bar, what model is your sound bar?

Apparently there are two models of the sound bars, the HT-CT60 (no bluetooth & NFC) and the HT-CT60BT (with bluetooth+NFC).

Powercity's site clearly mentions the HT-CT60BT sound bar. I trusted that and the fact that every retailer I checked offers the bluetooth sound bar, and did not bother to check the model number when I bought the TV. I only became aware it did not have built in bluetooth when I went to use it over the long weekend. A google search then revealed Sony makes 2 versions of the sound bar.

I called Powercity & their customer support says I've received the right one, the HT-CT60, which does not have bluetooth, even though their site shows the HT-CT60BT as part of the package.

I purchased mine from the Sony shop in Letterkenny and it came with the HT-CT60BT model.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

I purchased mine from the Sony shop in Letterkenny and it came with the HT-CT60BT model.

Harvey Norman and got the CT60BT model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Anyone know where is the cheapest to get this now? I can see it in Currys and DID for €750 but makes no mention of the free sound bar.

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Anyone know where is the cheapest to get this now? I can see it in Currys and DID for €750 but makes no mention of the free sound bar.

Did u try ringing the Sony store Letterkenny? They deliver free to all Ireland.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dermoth wrote: »
    Harvey Norman and got the CT60BT model.

When did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Hopefully someone will be able to help clarify something for me. I am getting the 55" delivered tomorrow and I also have ordered the bolt adaptor kit so that I can wall mount the TV on my existing vesa standard tilt and swivel bracket. Problem is that I won't have the adaptor kit till next week if I'm lucky so I was wondering if anyone who has one of these TVs already would be able to tell me if I would get away with turning the base bracket around as if I was going to wall mount it as Sony intended and simply hanging the bracket onto tilt and swivel arm. This would just be a temporary measure until I get the proper kit. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
    P.S. definitely give a massive +1 for Sony centre letterkenny. Paul is a legend,really helpful and they have a few of the Bluetooth soundbars in stock. 55" with BT soundbar, 5 year warranty and delivery was €1190,cheapest I have seen it anywhere else was about €1500 so I'm well chuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

I got bluetooth, check by connecting phone in setting, cool gets rid of another device, Other half delighted, less wires is good, overall lovely led, but media player could do with some work, slow & not showing files on hard disk

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Telly arrived today and I thought I would never get home from work! Got jobs done and kids to bed. Took telly out of the box only to discover a nasty crack on the side of the screen. Looks like the screen has actually popped our from the frame on one spot, what to do now? Got it from Sony letterkenny so hopefully it's just a matter of swapping cracked telly for new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Bit the bullet and ordered the 50 inch for myself, should arrive on Tuesday.
    Don't think I have any chance of winning the ps4 though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I got the KDL50W829B last week and just getting a chance to play with it now.

I plugged my Sky TV dish into the back of the TV and it auto-tuned something like 800 channels. All the ones I want are there ... BBC1/2/3/4 HD, Ch4 HD, etc.

RTE 1/2 HD and TV3 HD also show up but when I try to look at them I just get a blank screen.

Any ideas how I can watch RTE HD and TV3 HD??

I assume you need to plug in an aerial to the TV to get RTE and TV3

• Advertisement

Advertisement