Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Next Total War Game May Be Shogun 2?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Wow, 6GB seems large for a demo, unless I am just out of touch with modern gaming requirements (I don't play many new games).

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

full game is 20gb. Only played for a bit but it seems very slick indeed. Pace of the battles seems a lot quicker. Campaign map is really nice. Music in the loading screen is the same as that from the first game. Performance is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

Downloaded the demo last nite. should get a game in tonight. i heard the demo is scripted so we cant judge the batte ai.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

started downloading this morning at 6:00 am local time. its now 7:14 pm, 89% done and the speed has dropped to 3kb/s. perfect.

im actually only playing the demo to see how it runs on my laptop. every part of shogun 1 was fantastic. way ahead of its time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats the A.I like?I've read on various forums that its actually smart :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

played the demo last nite. The Battle Ai is scripted in the demo so we cant tell weather the ai is any better.

They done this with the Empire demo too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I swore after the fiasco that was Empire I'd never preorder a TW game again, but damn them, something about them going back to Shogun just fills me with a warm fuzzy feeling, an I loved the demo, even with scripted battle AI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

What graphics cards are folks going to run this on? I've got a 285 and want to run on 1900x1200 on high(ish) settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Wezo1994

Just been playing the Demo of Shogun 2 and it is UTTERLY AMAZING!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Just played the demo and I have to say the battle graphics are absolutely awesome!! I've a 465 and I could play it on all ultra settings at 1920x1200p but it wouldn't let me turn on any anti-aliasing which was a little worrying!

it runs well and looks good on my crappy laptop - Core2duo and a nvidia gt220m

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think I might preorder the collectors edition,anyone else preorder it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Is anyone able to win the single player battle they have.?
    Been at it for ages on normal level and can't

Maybe I'm not very good :o

I've loved the first shogun game, can't wait for this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I have been counting the days.
    Was up in pc world today ,looking at laptops that can play the game.
    Sales guy showed me 4 that can play it.
    Now all I need is the money.Could be a few months before I can afford one.:(

I have been counting the days.
    Was up in pc world today ,looking at laptops that can play the game.
    Sales guy showed me 4 that can play it.
    Now all I need is the money.Could be a few months before I can afford one.:(

Word of advice for ya,stay well away from pc world if you want to buy a gaming laptop.you'd be better off buying all the parts yourself and building it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Word of advice for ya,stay well away from pc world if you want to buy a gaming laptop.you'd be better off buying all the parts yourself and building it yourself.
    You can't do this with laptops really.

Dell or clevo for gaming laptops I think.

I meant build a pc :) oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Those expecting revelatory improvements in areas like AI may be mildly disappointed by Shogun 2.

After Empire, that's enough to put me off it until it's been played by people who aren't getting paid to write reviews/provide publicity for the game and/or their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

The E: TW Demo sucked me into the series.
    I noticed the stupidity of the AI and dismissed as - Demo uncomplete game, full game surely has better AI !

2 Hours after purchasing full version I realised that I was rather naive.
    3 hours later I never played the game again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

I'm literally vibrating with excitement for Shogun 2!

Getting a new PC to celebrate and everything!

Got this in game for 45,limited edition,its taking an age to install,33%@2.0mb,been installing since 11:30 :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Just downloading the patch? Anybody playing yet?

ya its much better than napoleon and empire anyway,runs like a dog on my computer though :(

ya its much better than napoleon and empire anyway,runs like a dog on my computer though :(

Thats good to hear. What specs do you have? Apparently no dx 10/10.1 or 11 support for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

why the feck does the retail version come with 2 discs then install by download over steam what a waste of time

Thats good to hear. What specs do you have? Apparently no dx 10/10.1 or 11 support for a month.

gtx 260
    4gigs ram
    Q9330 quad core @2.58 ghz

ya it'll be coming in a patch,dunno why we have to wait.Just had a thought maybe thats why my game looks horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

gtx 260
    4gigs ram
    Q9330 quad core @2.58 ghz

ya it'll be coming in a patch,dunno why we have to wait.Just had a thought maybe thats why my game looks horrible.
    Should run the game fine? Just not on the highest settings really.

why the feck does the retail version come with 2 discs then install by download over steam what a waste of time

It installs from the disk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just installed from two disks and seems to be downloading additional data through Steam

Though I do not know what this additional steam update is for

So what version did you all buy? :)
    I got the normal version for 40
    Game has the limited edition for 45 and that has an extra historical battle and I believe additional downloads but I'm not realy an online player
    The collectors edition was 75 and includes a chess set, looks class and not a bad option if you have the cash

Just installed from two disks and seems to be downloading additional data through Steam

Though I do not know what this additional steam update is for

So what version did you all buy? :)
    I got the normal version for 40
    Game has the limited edition for 45 and that has an extra historical battle and I believe additional downloads but I'm not realy an online player
    The collectors edition was 75 and includes a chess set, looks class and not a bad option if you have the cash

It's the 0-day patch. I got the same in Gamestop

It installs from the disk.
    Actually theres a bug linked to people who downloaded demo where it doesnt install from disk but starts to download the entire package, their is a workaround on the steam forum for the game just in case anybody is having the same issue.
    Seems loads of people are having this issue.

strange that it doesnt run well on your computer. how did the demo run? the demo ran fine on my laptop which is a lot worse that yours.

if i dont think the full game is going to run well i'll wait and get it once i upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Actually theres a bug linked to people who downloaded demo where it doesnt install from disk but starts to download the entire package, their is a workaround on the steam forum for the game just in case anybody is having the same issue.

I had downloaded the demo from steam, and installed from disc no problem this evening.

Branoic wrote: »
    I had downloaded the demo from steam, and installed from disc no problem this evening.
    its not happening to everyone , check the steam forum there tonnes of posts , a workaround was sorted. where basically after it tried downloading the whole game for you you needed to pause it, delete all local content , take the disc out ,put disc back in again and it works then for nearly everyone

uglyjohn wrote: »
    strange that it doesnt run well on your computer. how did the demo run? the demo ran fine on my laptop which is a lot worse that yours.

if i dont think the full game is going to run well i'll wait and get it once i upgrade.

It ran grand and looked grand,its looks awful now and runs sluggish,I lowered the settings too,I dunno :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Was this not also the case with empire? that the demos ran well compared to the full game that didn't. Is there any point getting the game before the first few patches have been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Just got the limited edition for 33 euro, thank you friends with employee discounts, but according to steam its gonna take 17 hours to download :(. Anyone else get long downloading times

• Advertisement

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Just got the limited edition for 33 euro, thank you friends with employee discounts, but according to steam its gonna take 17 hours to download :(. Anyone else get long downloading times

Did you buy it on disk or as a download?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Did you buy it on disk or as a download?

Got it on disk but when I tried to start up the installation from the disk I kept getting an error- No Language Configured so i had to download it of the steam website

From earlier in the thread.....
    Originally Posted by Outkast_IRE View Post
    its not happening to everyone , check the steam forum there tonnes of posts , a workaround was sorted. where basically after it tried downloading the whole game for you you needed to pause it, delete all local content , take the disc out ,put disc back in again and it works then for nearly everyone
    Yesterday 23:10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I bought the limited edition from Play.com (not collectors, meh!).

Does anyone know if you get the related TF2 items if you add the retail version to Steam or is that just for Steam preorders? :pac:

What item are you talking about now?

this game is hard,Im loving it though :)

What item are you talking about now?

this game is hard,Im loving it though :)
    im playing it at normal difficulty and picked the shimazu clan to start with so straight away theres more powerful neighbours , what i noticed was not to be too agressive with troop movement on the campaign map early on , better to leave them try to take your castle and wipe them out , then chase them down immediately and you use usually catch a daimyo or heir sometimes both and you can move for their castle and it usually has minimal troops.

Those dam "hojo" on the otherside of the map are after taking 15 provinces the aggresive feckers.

• Advertisement

Here is my specs. Will this run this game?

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
    AMD Phenom (tm) 8850b Triple Core processor (3 CPUs), ~ 2.5GHz

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Here is my specs. Will this run this game?

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
    AMD Phenom (tm) 8850b Triple Core processor (3 CPUs), ~ 2.5GHz
    i would say so , best bet is to download the demo and see as they wont give a refund on this game as its linked to a steam account

Yeah, it works very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Those dam "hojo" on the otherside of the map are after taking 15 provinces the aggresive feckers.

That's cause the Hojo are feckin awesome! :p

Anyone else finding the AI isnt that interested in the trade ships being sent to the trade ports with foreign powers .
    I have taken all but one of them for myself , only one of which i took off an enemy ? and once they lose one they dont mount any decent attempt to take it back .

Also anyone found this mysterious black ship , i got the event message and had ships in the sea to the west but no sign ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement