Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround Offers 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I submitted mine a couple of days ago, so maybe they reviewed my application fairly quick!

I applied for Audit. The International and Domestic Business Group, to be specific.

Just under 400 points in LC but had a legitimate exceptional circumstance that arose during same year which affected my studying, hence my LC results.

Have achieved upper 2.1, 1.1 and 1.1 in first, second and third year of my degree though.

It's not all about results though! Personality plays a key role, in my opinion.

You're right to an extent I think, but only beyond a certain threshold. If someone's coming in with a weak LC (sub 350 region) and only 2.1, I'd say that will weigh in heavily in deciding whether or not to offer an interview. Beyond that point, yeah I'd say strong answers to the questions are the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

I submitted mine a couple of days ago, so maybe they reviewed my application fairly quick!

I applied for Audit. The International and Domestic Business Group, to be specific.

Just under 400 points in LC but had a legitimate exceptional circumstance that arose during same year which affected my studying, hence my LC results.

Have achieved upper 2.1, 1.1 and 1.1 in first, second and third year of my degree though.

It's not all about results though! Personality plays a key role, in my opinion.
    Congratulations.
    What course are you studying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Don't PWC check references before offering interviews? Well, they ask if they can take up the reference you give immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Are people being offered interviews in Dublin offices or elsewhere?

AdamD wrote: »
    Are people being offered interviews in Dublin offices or elsewhere?

My KPMG one is for Dublin.

• Advertisement

Cian92 wrote: »
    I've already signed on the dotted line with one of the other big 4

Shut up, you. :P:pac:

I'm going to watch out for a drunk guy at the presentation... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Don't PWC check references before offering interviews? Well, they ask if they can take up the reference you give immediately.

I hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭scheister

forgot the closing date for the Top 4 was yesterday so only managed to get PWC in. But have interview for E&Y for a non grad role so hopefully something comes out of that if not might ask to be consider for a grad role

cat_xx wrote: »
    I hope not!

Well, they ask if they can, but I doubt they'd go checking the references of all the potential interviewees. Very time-consuming!

scheister wrote: »
    forgot the closing date for the Top 4 was yesterday so only managed to get PWC in. But have interview for E&Y for a non grad role so hopefully something comes out of that if not might ask to be consider for a grad role

More positions will likely open up later in the year.

• Advertisement

Well, they ask if they can, but I doubt they'd go checking the references of all the potential interviewees. Very time-consuming!

I had completely forgot to send my referees an email to update them. Did that this evening though so hope no one got a call! Really hope I hear something tomorrow. This waiting game is no fun!

Got an email from KPMG just now, assessment day in 2 weeks time.

They have me down for Audit, which was my second choice which is slightly disappointing but at least they are actually considering me for it. I was worried that I'd miss out on consulting and not be considered for Audit.

They have me down for Audit, which was my second choice which is slightly disappointing but at least they are actually considering me for it. I was worried that I'd miss out on consulting and not be considered for Audit.

Well done!

'Grats!

Isn't consulting the most competitive service line?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

I had completely forgot to send my referees an email to update them. Did that this evening though so hope no one got a call! Really hope I hear something tomorrow. This waiting game is no fun!

They will only contact your referees if you will be offered a training contract . Well that was in my case anyway so I presume it's the same this year as well

acastudent wrote: »
    They will only contact your referees if you will be offered a training contract . Well that was in my case anyway so I presume it's the same this year as well

Yeah, sorry cat, I fear I've freaked you out!

They ask if they can take up references straight away, but I doubt they would in reality.

'Grats!

Isn't consulting the most competitive service line?
    Thanks!

Yeah I believe so, way less positions going.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Nothing yet either! What department did you apply for? I heard that they call audit for interviews first!

I got interviews with KPMG and PwC so far.
    I applied for audit in both, got the email about it yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Congrats to anyone with interviews! When would you say that the offers will finish up? Just wondering if I could still hear something back? Anyone hear anything from mazars? I heard it was usually 3-5 days after the application

jus_tin4 wrote: »
    Congrats to anyone with interviews! When would you say that the offers will finish up? Just wondering if I could still hear something back? Anyone hear anything from mazars? I heard it was usually 3-5 days after the application

No haven't heard anything from them!

• Advertisement

jus_tin4 wrote: »

I'd say the offers won't be over for another few days yet, they only closed yesterday. Relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Trainme

:rolleyes: no word from Mazars yet.. it'll be grand lads:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Trainme

P.s is anyone else not overly bothered about getting contracts with big 4.. Grant thornton is where I want to be!!

Trainme wrote: »
    P.s is anyone else not overly bothered about getting contracts with big 4.. Grant thornton is where I want to be!!

There's one big 4 I'd love to get into, and one mid-tier firm. We shall see. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Trainme wrote: »

Have an offer from a big4 firm already but applied for Grant Thornton and keeping fingers crossed for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Minji

Hi everyone,
    Who are going to the KPMG assessment day on Nov 4th? AdamD, you are, aren't you?
    How everyone is preparing for this?
    I got KPMG n Delloite, but I haven't heard anything from PwC.
    By the way, does EY Dublin has aptitude test? I apply for EY Belfast and did aptitude test yesterday, but again, I have heard back anything.

Do they contact people in groups, like audit first, tax second, assurance third type thing? That's just an example not wondering if that's the order, just wondering if that's how they do it?

Do they contact people in groups, like audit first, tax second, assurance third type thing? That's just an example not wondering if that's the order, just wondering if that's how they do it?

Yes I think that's how it goes. Judging from last years milkround thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Anyone apply to corporate finance in any of the top 4?

• Advertisement

Gah! Hoped I'd hear from others before the week was out. Boo-urns.

Advertisement