Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No longer hungry until the evenings?

Options
  • 15-03-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I've noticed lately, I just don't seem to be hungry before the evening. Most mornings I'll get up, and not even think of having breakfast, because I'm simply not hungry. In college during the week, I'll usually have some food at lunch time, but not because I'm hungry, simply because it's lunch time. Then I won't even consider eating until later in the evening, probably around 9 or 10. On days when I'm not in college, it's not uncommon for me to go from around 6pm one day till 6pm the next day without feeling even a slight bit hungry, but on days like that, I'd usually eat a large meal, something like 3 or 4 chicken breasts and a plateful of rice. I can eat if the food is there, for instance, if I'm out with some friends and they decide they want some food, I'll get myself some, and I'll have no problem eating it whether I'm hungry or not. But I just no longer seem to be hungry unless I've gone about 24 hours without eating, meaning I completely forget to eat and end up only eating 2 meals a day at most, sometimes only one. Is this something I should be concerned about? I know when humans were hunters, they'd only eat one meal a day since they couldn't guarantee food like we can now. So would it be necessarily a bad thing if I just ate one, large well balanced meal a day? As it is now, I don't suffer from a lack of energy or anything, in fact, I've found my energy levels have increased.

Advertisement