Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Protein shake or amino acid shake?

• 10-03-2015 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi I'm looking for advice I get up at 8 but can't start my cardio workout until 9:30 and I don't normally get home until 11:30 so my first meal is at -11:30am
    I'm concerned this is quite late for breakfast, Its been mentioned to me I should consider taking an amino shake such as: blue raspberry flavour bsn
    After I wake up, can someone tell me if they have any knowledge of this product or would a protein shake be better? I have no appetite for food in the mornings
    I'm quite active I do cardio 5 mornings a week and an hour weighs 4 evenings a week, iv just started back training recently my main aim is to drop body fat and tone all over
    Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just drink whey, cannot go wrong; fantastic source of protein. It's the no.1 staple for anyone into fitness. You could also toss in a scoop of powdered oats and use whole fat milk and that's a full breakfast all in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Zillah wrote: »
    Just drink whey, cannot go wrong; fantastic source of protein. It's the no.1 staple for anyone into fitness. You could also toss in a scoop of powdered oats and use whole fat milk and that's a full breakfast all in one.

Yep.

Amino acids work best during exercise and even then. They ain't really worth the $. Your body will have a nitrogen deficiency when you wake. Take l glutamin while you train. And the shake above.

Advertisement