Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Baza210 wrote: »
    Mmfgh it wasn't abstract. If I didn't want him to elaborate I wouldn't've posted at all >:l
    Elaboration (only cus I like you): I accidently left a condom in my pants when I put them in the wash. Pants were hung on the line to dry while I went out fun-having. Extended family comes around for a BBQ, condom falls out of pocket, family gathers to inspect what is lying on the ground, b.ie comes home to a chorus of slagging.
    Boston wrote: »
    May have to get piercings removed on account of doing Judo. :(
    Piercings > judo, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Wuv you too Cormie.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Wuv you too Cormie.

Hope the gf isn't a boardsie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I know some people in UCC, just a sec...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Boston.. I think you should keep quiet for a while..

I am enjoying the nice round number that is your post count.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Two fire drills so far today......Could the SU organise a protest or something.:P

Nope, she int.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Boston wrote: »
    Its a high contact sport the there likelihood of getting a nipple piercing pulled or caught is correspondingly high.

Owie...I mean just owie and why? Really why. I know its for the boys but why?
    bar

And just more why?

I still can't look the first person who showed me his nipple piercings properly in the face. I'm just automatically drawn to his chest. Maybe this is how straight guys feel about boobs?

*shudder at piercings again*

You get a massive increase in sensitivity. Went for a bar over a ring due purely to aesthetics. Its hard to explain.

Maybe this is how straight guys feel about boobs?
    There is much less revulsion involved.

• Advertisement

There is much less revulsion involved.

I meant more the staring and less the revulsion.

I have a physio appointment at 10am Friday. I'm aiming to get a train to Cork at 11am. Ulp. If I were to race to Jervis on my scooter, how long would the Luas take to get to Heuston? Would it be quicker just going on my scooter the whole way?

If a luas is arriving then no, else yes. The 90 bus from the quays would be the fastest way from trinity.

My interview tomorrow, the one and only thing that has given me any will to live at all for these past few weeks, has been cancelled.

My interview tomorrow, the one and only thing that has given me any will to live at all for these past few weeks, has been cancelled.

Awh that sucks.

*hugs*

Sorry to hear that b.ie

I have a physio appointment at 10am Friday. I'm aiming to get a train to Cork at 11am. Ulp. If I were to race to Jervis on my scooter, how long would the Luas take to get to Heuston? Would it be quicker just going on my scooter the whole way?

How fit are you? I've done that gap on a bike in a very quick time.

Sorry to hear that.

Reasonably fit. I scooter in about 5km from Halls and back every day.. never go so fast on unfamiliar pavement though [pot holes..]

Reasonably fit. I scooter in about 5km from Halls and back every day.. never go so fast on unfamiliar pavement though [pot holes..]

You could probably do jervis to Heuston in under 15 safetly if you are reasonably fit.

Though how a scooter counts as exercise I don't know!

Very funny. Application of sweat to one's face is all the rage before going into lectures you know.

This kind of scooter:

AS1948.jpg

• Advertisement

Sorry - I thought you meant of the vespa kind.

Well mine is slightly slower. Anyway, I only mentioned Jervis because it's the closest Luas stop. I'd be coming from the Physio clinic on campus.

You could always swim up.

Installed WLM to webcam w/ <person>, used A-Patch to get rid of ads and other proprietary crap. Webcam function no longer works. Balls.

Well mine is slightly slower. Anyway, I only mentioned Jervis because it's the closest Luas stop. I'd be coming from the Physio clinic on campus.

Physio on campus? Then just walk/scooter to the top of Westmorland St take a left and get on the 90 or 92 bus.

I'd like to get to Heuston in about 15 minutes..

I'd like to get to Heuston in about 15 minutes..

Then you're only bet is a taxi. It take about 10 minutes, if not 12 and you have to get down to Jervis in the first place. Bus takes about 15, but then you might miss one and be stuck for an extra 10 minutes on top of the 15.

Yer..I knew that I should've thought about it more before agreeing to the physio at 10..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Wuv you too Cormie.
    jmccrohan wrote: »
    Hope the gf isn't a boardsie...

This anything to do with me:confused: lol

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    This anything to do with me:confused: lol

Heh. I think they're referring to 'b.ie curious' but since I'm unsure I'm just going to go ahead and say:

Yes, they are referring to you.
    Yes, they are stalking you.
    Yes, they are outside your door right now.

Forgot my damn skeleton key..

The Zoo has no llamas.

Was he actually searching for mentions of his username?

Myth- there is a llama in a small field about halfway along the cycle path between Hörvik and Sölvesburg. And a pony.

My knee is in so much pain. I'm to young to have arthritis!

On the plus side, I get to use a cane like my hero Dr. House.

Hugh Laurie is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

This is what happens from to much inbreeding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Put the problem set up!

How the hell can you prepare for a class with no problem set.

He'll put it up tomorrow and I'll be absolutely sloshed.
    They never seem to do anything in advance in this college, it's always last minute, no notice crap.

No HSDPA = No loading.

=/

No HSDPA = No loading.

=/
    And you get a horrible coloured led :P

• Advertisement

How strange. EDGE has just shown up for the first time in a few days [Green], and it seems to working. UMTS [Royal Blue] inte funkar right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Argh, wireless router, you are the bane of my life. I spend hours trying to configure you, and yet, you cruelly refuse to work. You sit there, blinking at me balefully, and refusing to connect me to the internet due to your own silent, mysterious grudges. Everything seems like it SHOULD be working, but nooooooo, you need to play hard-to-get. Passive-aggressive piece of Dlink ****.

Thanked, due solely to use of sentence "blinking at me balefully". Sounds like Marvin.

There's your chance baza, offer to set up the wireless router for a back massage.

Beast with two backs, eh?

Do you talk to your girlfriend in Shakespearian verse?

"I dare do all that may become a man; Who dares do more is none"
    "Yea wha' "
    "I can't be arsed tonight lov' "

Go to, woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

Rant: People who would trample over a sick child to get on public transport before everyone else.

Bitch: Nope

Moan: Rain obviously, I mean I don't think we've had enough this year at all. OK I feel a really bad joke formulating in my head. Agh sure why not? What do you call a poor weather system? A recession depression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Some society is sharing people's details with third parties. For the first time this week, I've been receiving spam to my TCD address, which I have only ever given out for college purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Some society is sharing people's details with third parties. For the first time this week, I've been receiving spam to my TCD address, which I have only ever given out for college purposes.

script start
    {
    for(all_letters_of_the_alphabet=1;i<27;i++)
    {
    sendEmail(aaaaaaaa@tcd.ie)
    {"Hi! I'm spam!"}
    sendEmail(aaaaaaab@tcd.ie)
    {"Hi! I'm spam!"}
    sendEmail(kwekubo@tcd.ie)
    {"Hi! I'm spam!"}
    sendEmail{zzzzzzzz@tcd.ie)
    {"Hi! I'm spam!"}
    }
    }
    end script

This code is funny to me. The conclusion deriving from my funny "trying to be accessible computer-code" is that they might just spam every address under the sun and your address was not necessarily passed on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement