Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Brendan O'Connor appreciation thread.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

markmacken wrote: »
    Jesus In Da House is the only good thing he has done.

The man has a very deep well of talent to draw from. I suspect that you have not exposed yourself enough to Brendan and what he has to offer.
    There are countless Brendan O'Connor articles online, that would be a good place to improve your own intellect by exposing yourself to the work of a true master.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭markmacken

The man has a very deep well of talent to draw from. I suspect that you have not exposed yourself enough to Brendan and what he has to offer.
    There are countless Brendan O'Connor articles online, that would be a good place to improve your own intellect by exposing yourself to the work of a true master.

Well I do like a good laugh. Maybe I'll give the BOC a search in Google News over the break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Very eloquently put Brendan,While I have the chance,i must ask,what's the deal with that funny little line across the bridge of your nose?

So many have imagined giving him a smack in the gob the collected psychic force has caused physical damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Very eloquently put Brendan,While I have the chance,i must ask,what's the deal with that funny little line across the bridge of your nose?

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

markmacken wrote: »
    Well I do like a good laugh. Maybe I'll give the BOC a search in Google News over the break!

This is definitely a wind up.

gladrags wrote: »
    This is definitely a wind up.

Why can't we talk about great Irish people while they are still alive? I know there is a culture of begrudgery in this country but I for one refuse to partake of it.

Brendan is a national treasure that we should cherish and adore. Other countries take this approach when it comes to their national heroes. Why can't we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

It must be great for Tubridy at contract negotiation time to mention BoC and accept the inflated sum he's then offered. How many years is he doing that show and he still looks like every Saturday night is his second time presenting on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jesus wept. The man is a charlatan. In his early days at the Sunday Independent he was writing some worthy pieces but then he became subsumed by the culture of that newspaper.

The fact that he is editing a magazine that provides gainful employment for Barry Egan tells me all I need to know. His fawning tv show only compounds that belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭markmacken

Why can't we talk about great Irish people while they are still alive? I know there is a culture of begrudgery in this country but I for one refuse to partake of it.

Brendan is a national treasure that we should cherish and adore. Other countries take this approach when it comes to their national heroes. Why can't we?

For that hair alone he should be immortalised as a legend. I know what people are thinking: just because he's a hit with the ladies doesn't mean he's any good at his job. But he could do the Late Late one day... there's more to Brendan than just sex appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Only for his strange/tortured visage - he'd still be thinning beet near Mallow.
    Brendan a gra - see a plastic surgeon. After all I pay a licence fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Comes across as a nice man ,but i would not be taking any financial advice from him .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Anyone who seems to have met him says he's a really nice guy. Maybe a lot of the hatred stems from the legendary Irish talking about people behind their back syndrome. "The homicidal bithchin that goes down in every kitchen"

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

He is a nice man ,a very very nice man .Even his farts smell of perfume .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Brendan O Connor..., I was trying to figure out was this the guy from the chat show or the guy who produced a sitcom in the 70s that is only getting viewed now.
    I'm still undecided but either way he sucks balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,528 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A niteclub bouncer with the ability to read and write.

His attempts at jokes on the sat night show are cringeworthy, either canned laughter or the audience was paid to laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 the ax murderer

Birneybau wrote: »
    He sir, is worse than Hitler. And by he, I mean the pair of them.

You wouldn't see Hitler playing jungle music at 3 in the morning.

His attempts at jokes on the sat night show are cringeworthy, either canned laughter or the audience was paid to laugh.

You have no sense of humour whatsoever. Maybe toilet humour is your thing? I think Brendan is extremely funny and quick witted. His timing is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

You have no sense of humour whatsoever. Maybe toilet humour is your thing? I think Brendan is extremely funny and quick witted. His timing is perfect.

Actually, you're both correct.

I inevitably have to switch the channel during O'Connor's 'jokey' introduction, lest the ground should open and swallow me. Canned humour, as whisky_galore says. Should be ditched.

But his quick, off-the-cuff wit during his interviews is genuinely funny, sometimes controversial, and always a welcome change from overly-prepared exchanges that usually characterise RTE's live programming (e.g. Tubs)

Advertisement