Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiny Pokémon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

I'm very unlucky with shinys. Haven't come across any yet in Platinum or HG.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I'm very unlucky with shinys. Haven't come across any yet in Platinum or HG.
    *hug*
    Keep the faith, someday your shiny will choose you ^_^

*hug*
    Keep the faith, someday your shiny will choose you ^_^
    I sure hope so! x3 Though I'll probably end up killing it or something!!

Also, I was going to write up how to chain shinies in the first post but I can't edit it. DX

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

I've decided to go after the Mew in "My Pokemon Ranch" which is basically a "breed as many fodder Pokemon as you can and transfer to the ranch" exercise. I'm using it as an excuse to try the Masuda method for breeding shinies. I'll let ye know if it works, and if it does how many eggs I went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

I have a shiny Infernape that I transferred over to SS from Platinum. When I made him my first Pokémon and went for a walk I was disappointed about the graphics. I don't know how to show the picture of him, but he's kinda redish pink.
    I also have a shiny "B" Unown.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Spr_4p_392_s.pngthat the colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

Yeah, I don't think he's that cool. I'm embarrassed by him. Infernape is meant to be all manly and strong. He's not meant to be pink!
    A black Charizard is way cooler!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, the Moltres shiny sucks too Spr_4h_146_s.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm positive that I came across a shiny Raikou a few days ago in SS (almost literally!)
    Spr_4h_243_s.png

Saw another one the next day and it looked totally different...

...Of course I failed to catch both of them! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

i thought that with the legendarys that run away, if they are shiny when you first meet them,the stay shiny.

• Advertisement

wobbles wrote: »
    i thought that with the legendarys that run away, if they are shiny when you first meet them,the stay shiny.
    That's what I thought. D:

Hmmmm... I must've been mistaken then. Haven't seen another one since then anyway:s

Then again, I didn't save after meeting it the first time...

Ah there you go then. I think its calculated when you first meet them, so if it was shiny the first time, it would have stayed shiny, but if you didnt save and saw it again, it would have been your first encounter and its shinyness recalculated

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

so *this* is what it sounds like when doves cry....

tman wrote: »
    Hmmmm... I must've been mistaken then. Haven't seen another one since then anyway:s

Then again, I didn't save after meeting it the first time...
    You poor thing...if it makes you feel better I have a shiny Raikou that I could donate to your game

You poor thing...if it makes you feel better I have a shiny Raikou that I could donate to your game

Thanks, that's very nice of you... Think I'll keep plugging away and trying to find my own shinys though, they'll be a lot more treasured knowing that I've put effort into finding them.

Of course NOW they give me a fupping master ball!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I was just farming a Chansey swarm for Lucky Eggs when I caught a Spr_4h_164_s.png Shiny Noctowl. How unoriginal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Was hatching Chikorita in Diamond to fill up my Ranch, hatched a shiny female, gentle nature. Hurray for me :)
    The father was american, the mother was japanese, so who knows, maybe the method works?

congratulations on the new arrival. Thats great news as i was starting to doubt the masuda method was real, and not a waste of time. I never thought id get sick of charmanders but at this stage........

If it's any good to anyone I now have a Spanish copy of Diamond so I have easy access to foreign Pokemon from that game. Once I beat the story mode that is....

• Advertisement

Forgive me if I shouldn't "revive" this thread. It was only on the 2nd page anyway. :3

So, I got this beast today.

068.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

Just hatched this:
    Spr_4p_315_f_s.png
    Using the Masuda method! Gothy Roselia FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I just saw my first shiny random encounter. ..
    A gastly.. who 'killed' itself using curse ><... *cries* XD
    Shiny gastly is soooo cool...now I really want one :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I just saw my first shiny random encounter. ..
    A gastly.. who 'killed' itself using curse ><... *cries* XD
    Shiny gastly is soooo cool...now I really want one :(

Aw no way! Sorry to hear that :(

That's the reason I always keep a spare master ball with me. You just never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Aw no way! Sorry to hear that :(

That's the reason I always keep a spare master ball with me. You just never know!

Ya..I normally do too ...but I haven't had the chance to trade any over (and this was in Platinum...which I restarted for 'nuzlocke').
    I kinda stopped expecting I'd ever see one ...><

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

I have a shiny Gyarados and the 3 shiny beasts from the event in japan (spares too if anyone wants) but I've never found one myself :mad:

My bro has loads and he evn ran away from a shiny starly cuz he already had 2 XD

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

Just got a shiny farfetche`d off the gts. Its ut level 29 and says caught on route 221. looks legit to me anyone no if theres any major signs it might be legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

rossism wrote: »
    Just got a shiny farfetche`d off the gts. Its ut level 29 and says caught on route 221.

Well that's definitely a legit level and location, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

compare the pokeathlon stats on bulbapedia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

Action Replay allowed me to live out my shiny dreams back in the GSC days. The fun of everyone being shiny! :D

One of my only legit shiny pokemon (apart from the red Gyarados) is this guy: bibarel-f.png

He was quite special because I discovered him in... THE SAFARI ZONE!! I noticed something was off as he glided across the screen, and then I saw/heard the bling! of the shiny stars. I was all ZOMG, then realised where I was. :eek:

Thankfully, as the Bidoof line is so, so common, I caught him with the first Safari Ball. I'd have cried if he ran away.

Advertisement