Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full-on Anime-style: Under Night In-Birth

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I don't even know what RIP is, and I want more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Reassurance in points.
    If only.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

The game looks awesome, can't wait to try it out

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PoBrizz

Is anyone else still looking to go halves on a digital copy? A ps3 has figuratively fallen into my lap and I'm looking to buy this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

i loved melty blood so had my eye on this game for a while ultrachen have a great series of tutorials on youtube seems like a very good game

Really wish they would do a updated hd version of melty blood though

• Advertisement

Eltnum was put in this as a test for Melty HD so it still is possible. Wouldn't expect it any time soon though. Probably years off.

yeah i think there is some licensing issues from what i can gather the melty blood characters rights are owned by another company i am not sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Melty Bloods cast is almost entirely from a *coughHGamecough* with a few original characters which they can use as they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

UNIEL frame data app (Android):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=profighter.anime&hl=en

No idea how good it is tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Resurrection.gif

UNiB just got physical release in Europe, digital release coming to PS3 next week.
    Whoo, actually understanding the menus and ****.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sweet, have to look out for it on the cheap so I can never actually play it.

i have it on its way should get it next week :) i imported it though

Didn't know, will pick it up soon I guess.

well the melty blood games were really good so i had high hopes for this game

Update in the works.

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late [st]
    Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late [st] will reportedly adjust the previous installment with a number of balance changes, as well as make Nanase and Byakuya, who were previously console exclusive characters, playable in the arcade version. It will also introduce a newcomer named Phonon (pictured below), who sports headphones, a whip, and the personality of a queen.
    uniel-st-phonon-1.jpg
    Furthermore, a new gameplay mechanic will also find its way into the game. Cross Cast Veil Off allows a player in Vorpal to cancel an attack into Veil Off state mid-combo if they have over 100 meter.
    ... my head hurts just reading that.

That mechanic is actually really good for the worse end of the cast in the current version. Strong characters like Gord, Carmine and Eltnum can use chain shift and certain move properties to go into veil off mid combo and essentially gain access to either a free EX move (Carmine) or use of super from despite only having 100 meter (Gord). Now its just becoming universal instead.

Gord needs less health to weaken his RPS game and shouldn't be getting ridiculous vorpal off rekka ender.
    Merkava/Wald needs extended hurtboxes. One or two hitbox nerfs as well (Merk dive and Walk 66C :pac:)
    Carmine/Eltnum needs a damage nerf. Maybe mess with their frames a bit.
    Linne's hurtbox needs to not disappear essentially when she does kuuga.
    Don't even know where to start with Hilda but she needs tweaks. Her neutral is ridiculous.
    Give Akatsuki something. Man is too honest.

I can agree with everything except nerfing my waifu easy-mode Eltnum.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I kind of missed out on the first version of UNIB on account of not being that pushed about getting an Asian account for it. Since I have got Xrd though, I might try and pick up the game if this update looks promising enough.

The update probably will be available on JP and HK months before EU. I'm wondering if I should get Vanilla UNIB on my HK account instead of EU in case the HK update doesn't work on a EU digital copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

UNIB is half price (€20) on EU PSN until the 8th of July.

• Advertisement
Advertisement