Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you call your parents?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

call my dad "padre" or "robin", my step mother i call "mo mhamaí", "cait" or "catherine", my mother i don't really call much tbh, and my step dad gets the ould first name treatment too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I always say dad, whether talking to him or about him and usually mam, although sometimes I might say ma.

I call my mother 'Anne' and I call my father...Nothing:(
    I wish i had a daddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Milkey Bar Kid

I call my mother Mary and my dad God

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

O.A.P wrote: »
    Dont know always have my brothers too

its original to say the least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

My little one(who's three) calls me daddy. But some day's i look at her and she has a big cheeky grin on her face and says 'martin, your name's martin' then run's off. She alway's find's it hilarious because she know's i hate her calling me martin.:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

heymcflyx wrote: »
    My little one(who's three) calls me daddy. But some day's i look at her and she has a big cheeky grin on her face and says 'martin, your name's martin' then run's off. She alway's find's it hilarious because she know's i hate her calling me martin.:-)

I'd hate someone calling me Martin too... Sure a good punch in the back of the head will soon stop that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

But I was in a shop the other day and a bloke in the queue behind me was on his phone..... I'd say he was in his mid to late 20's - and he was saying "I'm going to pick Mammy up on the way home" ...... who calls them Mammy & Daddy at that age???

I know quite a few people who still refer to their parents as Mammy & Daddy and they aint kids or teenagers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I'd hate someone calling me Martin too... Sure a good punch in the back of the head will soon stop that.

i would hate someone calling me martin too.... If my name was stevie:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

heymcflyx wrote: »
    i would hate someone calling me martin too.... If my name was stevie:-)

Big fan of Back to the Future myself....

Your name and username just clicked.

I'm probably putting 2 + 2 together and coming up with 7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i call mine Strangers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

What do you call your parents?

I call your parents Mam and Dad.

They find it a bit creepy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

that prick and, i would do you

Advertisement