Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Dish,

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

great stuff now mark that dish position if you get a chance as there is more wind on the way.

What you should also do is check the signal strength and quality and see how high the readings are?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

Droghead wrote: »
    Just want a say big thank you for assisting me in this matter.. went home last night started to do a manual scan following instructions as suggested by GBCULLEN & PETER RHEA and whilst doing the tv went blank and came back on couple of seconds later with all Satellite channels with perfect picture... Not sure exactly what I did but there was no ladders or moving of Satellite involved...

Thank you...

Glad you didn't have to move the satellite, that could have been tricky! Very long ladder required.. Only Joking! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Josand

Hi we had to reset our dish. we managed to get the signal strength and quality right. But the numbers changed. Instead of 0002 we have 013e and instead of 07D4 we have 1450. Can anyone tell us how to get the right numbers back. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Josand wrote: »
    Hi we had to reset our dish. we managed to get the signal strength and quality right. But the numbers changed. Instead of 0002 we have 013e and instead of 07D4 we have 1450. Can anyone tell us how to get the right numbers back. Thank you.

You have the dish pointing to Hotbird at 13° East. It will need to be moved to 28.2° East.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Josand

Thank you lertsnim. We have managed to move dish and pick up signal. Not the best we've had, but at least it
    is working again. I think we need to upgrade our equipment. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I know it is an old thread but I said I'd post my question here rather than make a new one...

Anyway we've had a satellite dish for a few years picking up all the free view channels like bbc, itv, channel 4, e4 etc. Recently we've bought a new Sky dish and 4 port LNB. We installed it the same as the last dish and the same as the guide here.
    Unfortunately unlike the last dish when we did get it to good signal quality and strength it was only picking up Eastern European channels. None of the English speaking channels are being found in the scan.

We have it pointing in the same direction as last time for Astra 28.2E and the LNB skewed to two as before but still no luck.
    Anyone have any ideas? Would the solution lie in the Antenna setup?
    Like should we change the LNB type, DiSEqC, DiSEqC switch, Positioner and Polarity. I'll admit I'm not too sure what the correct settings are for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Most likely you are picking up 19°E which shares some similar frequencies. You need to nudge the dish further east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Adamocovic wrote: »

Anyway we've had a satellite dish for a few years picking up all the free view channels like bbc, itv, channel 4, e4 etc.

You cannot pick up freeview on a dish. It is a UK terrestrial service. I assume you mean free to air satellite channels.

winston_1 wrote: »
    You cannot pick up freeview on a dish. It is a UK terrestrial service. I assume you mean free to air satellite channels.

Sorry meant free to air.
    Most likely you are picking up 19°E which shares some similar frequencies. You need to nudge the dish further east.

I'll give it a try later on and see what happens thanks.

Well moved it a bit more east, did a factory reset on the receiver and when I rebooted its getting all the channels and signal quality is great, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

any where in ireland selling selling transparent satellite dishes in ireland, i need one for an area where the sea salt eats away a normal one in no time. hoping to get soarsat and astra on it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

irishgeo wrote: »
    any where in ireland selling selling transparent satellite dishes in ireland, i need one for an area where the sea salt eats away a normal one in no time. hoping to get soarsat and astra on it as well.

Not sure what you mean by "transparent dish ".I have used Triax dishes in seaside areas of Connemara for a good few years, I found them to be very resistant to corrosion.To get Saorsat you will need an 80 cm dish. http://www.tvsatstore.com sell them, they also sell fibre glass ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

You can get them in the UK but not heard of anyone over here selling them.
    You could try this http://www.satworld.ie/triax-td88.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i got soarsat and sky on a 65cm dish in the west of ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

i got soarview and sky on a 65cm dish in the west of ireland.

I seen an installer using a sky dish for Saorsat. Not sure how well it works in rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I'm using a triax td64 on the cork coast for astra 28

Advertisement