Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Is the price of that Cyfra + card creeping up all the time, albeit by a euro or so every couple of days?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭sob1467

Superfin wrote: »
    Is the price of that Cyfra + card creeping up all the time, albeit by a euro or so every couple of days?

It might just be the exchange rate. The euro getting weaker and the polish currency getting stronger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Their choice of packages seems to been slashed somewhat also :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Their choice of packages seems to been slashed somewhat also :(

That is odd as all the packages were there earlier today but now only 4!

The full package SD and HD seem to be gone as does a couple of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 czarak

Hi All,

I'm interested in getting a foreign satellite installation but only as an addition to, rather than instead of, Sky Sports + ESPN + Setanta. Premier League matches that are not already available via Sky's Platform are all that I'm interested in (HD would be nice but not essential).

I've been searching for information on how many extra games I could possibly receive on foreign satellite over Sky Sports/ESPN/Setanta but haven't been able to turn up much. I see Sky Sports has published all the Premier League games they are showing until December but I can't find any such information from foreign providers' websites.

Do any of you know if this information is available yet and if so could you point me to it?

Otherwise from experience could anyone give a speculative prediction on how many extra games over the ones on Sky's Platform I can expect from the various foreign satellite options which seem to be popular in this thread?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

hi mate best bet is to check out lj's live footy page _http://liveonsat.com/LJsport_foot_epl_only.php

czarak wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm interested in getting a foreign satellite installation but only as an addition to, rather than instead of, Sky Sports + ESPN + Setanta. Premier League matches that are not already available via Sky's Platform are all that I'm interested in (HD would be nice but not essential).

I've been searching for information on how many extra games I could possibly receive on foreign satellite over Sky Sports/ESPN/Setanta but haven't been able to turn up much. I see Sky Sports has published all the Premier League games they are showing until December but I can't find any such information from foreign providers' websites.

Do any of you know if this information is available yet and if so could you point me to it?

Otherwise from experience could anyone give a speculative prediction on how many extra games over the ones on Sky's Platform I can expect from the various foreign satellite options which seem to be popular in this thread?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

sob1467 wrote: »
    It might just be the exchange rate. The euro getting weaker and the polish currency getting stronger.

yup, polish zloty tends to fluctuate between 3.90 and 4.20 per euro, 5/6% Its at 4.00 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

redout wrote: »
    If all you want is the footie in HD then this is the card http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1250&id_kat=80&id_typu=0

If you buy either the Cyfra Pace or Strong receiver from their website then you will not require a CAM.

But that box would only work with Cyfra cards I'm guessing?

Ush1 wrote: »
    But that box would only work with Cyfra cards I'm guessing?

yeah but that is all the chap is after from what I can gather.

Best option would be to get a linux box in my opinion.

Prolly a silly question but is the cam free or what? How does it work?

I'm thinking I need 80cm dish, linux based box and cyfra card?

• Advertisement

Prolly a silly question but is the cam free or what? How does it work?

I'm thinking I need 80cm dish, linux based box and cyfra card?

Tell me what you are looking to get and I will try and help.

CAM not necessary if you get a dreambox say running CCcam for a Cyfra card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Supercatic4

That was what i was after, but been doing a lot more reading on the subject and am very intrested in a Vu+ Duo. Just trying to get a good price.

That was what i was after, but been doing a lot more reading on the subject and am very intrested in a Vu+ Duo. Just trying to get a good price.

that box has a lot of admirers - expect to pay about €400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Supercatic4

that box has a lot of admirers - expect to pay about €400

Problem is DM800HD clone is half the price. Coupled with the facts a.\ I am a newbie, b./ I am skint make the clone a more sensible (may be stupid) choice.

Tell me what you are looking to get and I will try and help.

CAM not necessary if you get a dreambox say running CCcam for a Cyfra card.

I'm looking at Cyfra and Al Jazeera. Mainly for La Liga but wouldn't mind the EPL aswell, both in HD preferably for as cheap as possible.

I'm looking at Cyfra and Al Jazeera. Mainly for La Liga but wouldn't mind the EPL aswell, both in HD preferably for as cheap as possible.

Ok an 80cm dish will be perfect (your in Ireland right ?) - easily sourced from the net.

This card for Cyfra http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1250&id_kat=80&id_typu=0

Cyra have la liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and EPL with HD

Al Jazeera cards are all over the net - new ones are with Irdeto encryption - Snaps should be able to tell you were to buy for cheap.

Al jazeera has la liga, Serie A and good champions league coverage.

EDIT: Al Jaz card here but you could probably find it cheaper http://www.marconidigital.com/product_info.php?products_id=1282

Ok an 80cm dish will be perfect (your in Ireland right ?) - easily sourced from the net.

This card for Cyfra http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1250&id_kat=80&id_typu=0

Cyra have la liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and EPL with HD

Al Jazeera cards are all over the net - new ones are with Irdeto encryption - Snaps should be able to tell you were to buy for cheap.

Al jazeera has la liga, Serie A and good champions league coverage.

Yep I'm in Dublin.

So a Cyfra card would cover what I need really? I'm just thinking long term in case I wanted a different package in the future, the Cyfra box would just become a paper weight.

So if I got say the Edison 2 in 1, would I be able to use both the Cyfra and Al Jazeera cards straight away with that box or do I need anything extra? Cheers man.

Yep I'm in Dublin.

So a Cyfra card would cover what I need really? I'm just thinking long term in case I wanted a different package in the future, the Cyfra box would just become a paper weight.

So if I got say the Edison 2 in 1, would I be able to use both the Cyfra and Al Jazeera cards straight away with that box or do I need anything extra? Cheers man.

Cyfra card will cover la liga and EPL but the Al jaz gives a lot of la liga games. I do not believe that Cyfra does.

I have no experience with Edison boxes though a dream 800 with a smargo connected to the USB will allow you to have two cards at the same time. Having two cards in the receiver simultaneously aint really a must. Once you put them in regularly enough they will update. Some receivers do have two card slots so if you can find one that does then great but make sure it reads Irdeto and Mediaguard encryptions for both your cards.

I would recommend a twin lnb at least so you can take two feeds off your satellite if talking about future proofing etc.

Cyfra card will cover la liga and EPL but the Al jaz gives a lot of la liga games. I do not believe that Cyfra does.

I have no experience with Edison boxes though a dream 800 with a smargo connected to the USB will allow you to have two cards at the same time. Having two cards in the receiver simultaneously aint really a must. Once you put them in regularly enough they will update. Some receivers do have two card slots so if you can find one that does then great but make sure it reads Irdeto and Mediaguard encryptions for both your cards.

I would recommend a twin lnb at least so you can take two feeds off your satellite if talking about future proofing etc.

Would Cyfra have at least the Real Madrid and Barca games each week?

So what's the craic with the cam then, not needed for what I'm getting?

Twin lnb for picking up 2 sats is it?

Would Cyfra have at least the Real Madrid and Barca games each week?

So what's the craic with the cam then, not needed for what I'm getting?

Twin lnb for picking up 2 sats is it?

No twin lnb will give you two feeds off your dish like Sky+ requires 2 feeds.

Yeah Cyfra will have the Big two and in HD.

You will only need a CAM if you buy a box that will not read the encryption and considering it has a CAM slot.

Simple soultion is just buy a box that will read the encryption!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yep I'm in Dublin.

Edision works fine, 2 card readers so you'll have no problem. Load with latest ILTV firmware and you'll be away. It will even read a white sky ftv card after a firmware upgrade. Plus with the edision you'll get the Irish DTT via an aerial!

Then if you have a dish pointed at 28.2 east, use a diseqc switch and you will get hotbird, uk fta services and Irish DTT all in one!!!!

http://www.tvtrade.ie/hd-irish-and-uk-free-tv-combo.html

http://www.tvtrade.ie/80cm-satellilte-dish.html

http://www.tvtrade.ie/universal-single-lnb.html

http://www.tvtrade.ie/smart-4x1-diseqc-switch.html (Get a 4 way switch so you can add other lnbs to your 80 cm dish (For 19.2east etc etc))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

any news on Nova Greece ?

I heard rumours only

Pal wrote: »
    any news on Nova Greece ?

I heard rumours only

Rumours of what exactly ?

I know of a problem but its not exactly something that would be talked about if you get my drift.

snaps wrote: »

I would swap that for a twin lnb - there is one on the same website.

A twin lnb will allow you two feeds as I told you already.

Good for either a twin tuner receiver (similar to Sky+ say a Vu+ Duo) or else you can just put one box in the living room and another in your kitchen/bedroom etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

80cm is actually big when you have one in front of you.

I would recommend one of these http://www.pulsat.com/products/Metronic-85CM-Clear-Dish.html if trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.

I have one and can vouch for them.

Hello again! At last I've had someone come and look at my space options. Budget has gone out the window because I really want at VU+ Duo so cut backs are being made in other areas. The clear dish at 124 euro delivered is too much, I'm going to take my Sky dish down and just go with one motorised 80cm or 85cm dish and forget about english commentary for the time being. The dish needs to be dark to avoid drawing attention. Will this one do the trick? All the Irish websites are throwing white dishes at me!
    http://satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1442&id_kat=296&id_typu=0

Hello again! At last I've had someone come and look at my space options. Budget has gone out the window because I really want at VU+ Duo so cut backs are being made in other areas. The clear dish at 124 euro delivered is too much, I'm going to take my Sky dish down and just go with one motorised 80cm or 85cm dish and forget about english commentary for the time being. The dish needs to be dark to avoid drawing attention. Will this one do the trick? All the Irish websites are throwing white dishes at me!
    http://satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1442&id_kat=296&id_typu=0

What colour is the outside of your house/apt ?

Obviously if you have a white house then get a white dish.

The transparent dishes really are inconspicuous - I have actually on occasion not even known that I had one in front of me :pac:

What colour is the outside of your house/apt ?

Obviously if you have a white house then get a white dish.

The transparent dishes really are inconspicuous - I have actually on occasion not even known that I had one in front of me :pac:

The outside of the building is red brick. From directly below I doubt anyone will see, from across the road if they are looking up they will. If I can't find a decent dark coloured dish, I'll hold on a week or so and save up for the transparent one! What are pulsats delivery times like? I'm delighted after the 50 or so hours of reading I can start ordering stuff today, I'm like a child on Christmas eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The likes of hm sat and smartcards24 in germany do red coloured dishes also.

The outside of the building is red brick. From directly below I doubt anyone will see, from across the road if they are looking up they will. If I can't find a decent dark coloured dish, I'll hold on a week or so and save up for the transparent one! What are pulsats delivery times like? I'm delighted after the 50 or so hours of reading I can start ordering stuff today, I'm like a child on Christmas eve!

What about a sqish dish - dont they come with red brick stickers ?

Although I reckon its too small as it supposedly only gives the equiv of a 60cm.

http://www.sqish.co.uk/gallery.php

• Advertisement

Thanks lads for all your help over the last week or so! I've gone with the transparent dish, I've everything else ordered so I'll be back with a full review of how I get on when my new toys arrive! :D

Advertisement