Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im sorry it had to come to this

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sailordog13

Oscar !!
    I wanted Oscar as 2nd choice for my sons name, (first choice was taken by neighbouring close friend, by pure coincidence !).
    I think its a strong independent sounding name.
    I could see Oscar Brennan being abbreviated to Obi (Wan Kanobi) in the school yard !
    Thats a cool handle to have !!

Missus wouldn't have Oscar though, said it sounded like a dogs name.... :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

dublinlady wrote: »
    To the ppl being rude about this thread - ease off! What's it to you how anyone names their child!!

Yeah sorry if it offends you but I jut don't like it okay. I just don't like having a poll and (to quote the op) "and the names with the most votes win".

Me personally I think choosing a child's name is more important than that. Sorry that you disagree.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oscar !!
    I wanted Oscar as 2nd choice for my sons name, (first choice was taken by neighbouring close friend, by pure coincidence !).
    I think its a strong independent sounding name.
    I could see Oscar Brennan being abbreviated to Obi (Wan Kanobi) in the school yard !
    Thats a cool handle to have !!

Missus wouldn't have Oscar though, said it sounded like a dogs name.... :(
    our neighbours called their child oscar
    they were not amused to hear me calling our dog :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

with these names there should definately be a" none of the above" option

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Colin Brennan
    Oscar is a dogs name
    colin is a boring train spotters name

so it would have to be colm but i dont like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Colm Brennan
    I'd go with Oscar, it goes well with the surname. Both Colin and Colm are a bit cumbersome to say with Brennan.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Colm Brennan
    I can kind of understand your dilemma, it is hard to pick.

If the baby is born a girl you will tell us?ppleaassee?;)

I like Oscar as it is from celtic mythology and I like Colin.

Wait until you see the baby to decide:)

*mod note*
    Folks please be nice,the op has a parenting dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Colin Brennan
    amdublin wrote: »
    Not unless she wants her dog and son to have the same name :D

Tho that could make rounding up the clan after a day out walking that much more efficient :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭pennypitstop

Probably showing my age here,but does noone remember Oscar the grouchoscar-the-grouch.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭a.man

baraca wrote: »
    What is wrong with all of you? She isn't getting the internet to decide her babys name, They like all three but just need some opinions on which one to choose. So what?

And now the OP has been pushed into saying it was a joke thread by some very condescending posts when i know it wasn't a joke thread to start with.

Colm btw.

As is always the way on this site I find...I seriously do think twice before I post anything on here because of the hard core reaction ye get from alot of people when all your looking for is a bit of friendly advice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

They are all terrible names

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Fri.Day wrote: »
    me asking 20 friends opinions on my shortlist is it?

You have 20 friends?

(joke - sorry!)

Advertisement