Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Equal Marriage Referendum - Are you registered to vote?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Screen-shot-2014-11-03-at-12.23.53.png

Dont forget to check you are on the draft register for 2015/2016

Also it would be really helpful to share images from Yes Equality social media to remind all of your friends

Also Follow Yes Equality Social Media

The facebook link is https://www.facebook.com/yesequality?ref=hl

@Yesequality2015 Twitter:

www.yesequality.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You can check the Draft Register of Electors at your city or county council’s offices, garda stations, libraries, post offices and online at www.checktheregister.ie until.

If you are aged 18 or over or will be 18 before the end of January 2015 you should check that your name and address are present and correct on the Draft Register and, if there’s a mistake, tell your city or county council BEFORE 25th November 2014.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Re the registering to vote, is there anyone in the Nth Wicklow area who hasn't yet had the right to vote interested in getting registered and in voting Yes in the referendum on Civil Marriage Equality?

Bump

2 weeks left to register

Terry Pratchet

Today, Bray. Check your social media feed for messages and notices relative to the "Yes Equality" voting campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I've spammed about 250 whatsapp contacts with voter reg info and a #YesEquality on the end. Feck all good me being able to vote if nobody else can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

aloyisious wrote: »
    Today, Bray. Check your social media feed for messages and notices relative to the "Yes Equality" voting campaign.

Is this "Yes Equality Wicklow" or did I miss something? If I did stick up a link and I'll be happy to pass it around.

Screen-shot-2014-11-03-at-12.23.53.png

Dont forget to check you are on the draft register for 2015/2016

Also it would be really helpful to share images from Yes Equality social media to remind all of your friends

Also Follow Yes Equality Social Media

The facebook link is https://www.facebook.com/yesequality?ref=hl

@Yesequality2015 Twitter:

www.yesequality.ie

This is the national Yes Equality website and social media.

Terry Pratchet

Is this "Yes Equality Wicklow" or did I miss something? If I did stick up a link and I'll be happy to pass it around.

EDIT: go with the links in the Mod's post above. There are small equality groups in Wicklow but the links above are the best contact routes for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 serendipity i am

One week left to register to vote!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

Hi guys...

i need some help in registering.. i'm living in Walkinstown and don't know if that's part of South City or South County Dublin.. also does anyone know the address for either?

I'm cutting it tight.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

@ Swinty

According to the Dublin City Council website, Walkinstown is part of their area. That link includes a large map, so you can check if your specific street is in or out of their area.

If it is DCC then it can be sent back to:

FREEPOST, Franchise Section, Dublin City Council, Block 4, Floor 1, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8.

If it's South Dublin County Council, it goes to:

South Dublin County Council,
    Register of Electors,> Corporate Performance & Change Management,
    County Hall,
    Tallaght,
    Dublin 24.

@NuMarvel...

thank you so much for your help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Any place you can print the fecking form?
    Went to the library and the post-office yesterday and I was met with "we don't have them"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeterJC!

Deranged96 wrote: »
    Went to the library and the post-office yesterday and I was met with "we don't have them"....

They're on checktheregister.ie

• Advertisement

http://www.checktheregister.ie/PublicPages/AppForms.aspx

Terry Pratchet

Thank ye.

Just to make sure it's the orange one, yeah?

Thank ye.

Just to make sure it's the orange one, yeah?

Is this your first time registering?

Terry Pratchet

yep

yep

Then fill out the rfa form. Dont bother with rfa1 or rfa2 or rfa3 and as tomorrow is deadline see if you can deliver yourself to county council today or tomorrow

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

If you can't deliver to relevant offices today.. search your particular office online and you can email a scanned copy of the form. they will allow a delay in receiving the hard copy once they receive the soft copy by Close of Business today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 serendipity i am

I'm a student in UCC, and I can let you all know that we registered 3,677 people over the course of the few weeks!

I'm back again.. Yes, I know that I'm hopeless :o

Right I have printed that oul orange sheet.... but apparently there's supposed to be something on the back of it?....

Don't hate me.

I'm back again.. Yes, I know that I'm hopeless :o

Right I have printed that oul orange sheet.... but apparently there's supposed to be something on the back of it?....

Don't hate me.

Like what? You lost me here!

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭axcel

Anyone know if Dcc will accept scanned forms? Completely forgot and noway to get into them tomorrow with work.

Like what? You lost me here!

A post-y thingymajig

A post-y thingymajig

I still dont get you?

Terry Pratchet

Lizcent wrote: »
    Anyone know if Dcc will accept scanned forms? Completely forgot and noway to get into them tomorrow with work.

Possibly - ring them in the morning. You still have till 4or 5pm tomorrow.

Terry Pratchet

Reminder on registering to vote, you can still get your name on the supplementary list, though time is short - a few days only. Go to your local council.

Edit.... Ta, joey

aloyisious wrote: »
    Reminder on registering to vote, you can still get your name on the supplementary list, though time is short - a few days only. Go to your local council.

Em No
    your application must be received by your local authority at least 15 days before polling day (Sundays, public holidays and Good Friday are not counted as days for this purpose).

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Hi, i am terrible at this. First time voter. It's the RFA2 form we need to use now, correct? And i need to get it signed by Guard before sending?

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Hi, i am terrible at this. First time voter. It's the RFA2 form we need to use now, correct? And i need to get it signed by Guard before sending?

Yes and Yes

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement